• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So I want to take up running...

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
  • Netball season is upon me and my stamina and general fitness is SHOCKING. It's almost as though I'd done nothing during the three month break except for eat chocolate and play Black Ops and Halo around work!!! Hahaha...ha. :paranoid:

Aaaaanywhoo let's change the subject

I want to take up running. Now I'm not a great runner in the general sense of the term - I'll run as fast as my legs will take me if I'm catching a ball at the end of a burst, or if I'm looking to hit a ball with a racket, or kick a ball, or just generally if there's a ball at the end of a run, I will run. But running from point A in a lap back to point A just doesn't fill me with...well, anything. It just seems boring. And I've tried things in the past to make it more exciting! I've made killer playlists, I've used that little chip you put in the bottom of your shoe that talks to your iPhone and tells you how fast you've run/ how far you've run/ how you could improve for some motivation and I still couldn't excite myself into doing it for longer than 3 days.

I suppose, what I'm trying to ascertain is, is this a general beginner's problem? I've heard from friends who run frequently that they had to get themselves in to it just through sheer perseverance and I don't think I've ever stuck with it long enough to get that..?

Also I want to make some KILLER killer playlists, probably 5 of about 30 minutes in length each and I'm looking for some BAM songs - those songs that when they come on you just find your energy levels skyrocketing. I have the following through a brief look through my phone on the tube home this evening but I'm looking for any others that people might know of or use themselves to give me a bit of inspiration!!

And anyone's anecdotes involving running, particularly positive ones!! - they would be much appreciated.

Thanks all!
    Sel xx

Back