• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So I was EV training my Larvesta when...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    2ce22o4.jpg

I RAN INTO THIS GUY RIGHT HERE.

This is one shiny I least expected to run into, and it's soo coool. 8D; Can't wait to evolve it into a Chandelure now. :DD!

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • /steals

But wait is it Modest. Because someone else found a Modest one and I want that more.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Ohhhhhh how pretty. :] Maybe I'll find a shiny today in HG. XD Or finally hatch my shiny Treecko...or get that shiny Kyogre I was SRing for to appear.

The_Noob

Banned
    Years
  • Roswell;bt58412 said:
    /steals

But wait is it Modest. Because someone else found a Modest one and I want that more.

I get it.

You make me jealous, too. The only shinies I've ever found were a Tailow and a Wurmple in a save of Emerald. On the same save, so I guess Emerald's my lucky game for shinies. *Goes on Emerald, relentlessly looks for a shiny Feebas*

Noob out.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • The_Noob;bt58420 said:
    I get it.

You make me jealous, too. The only shinies I've ever found were a Tailow and a Wurmple in a save of Emerald. On the same save, so I guess Emerald's my lucky game for shinies. *Goes on Emerald, relentlessly looks for a shiny Feebas*

Noob out.
    You may be luckier than us all if you can recall how many minutes (or seconds for accuracy) you were into the game since bootup when encountering the shiny. Emerald has a very broken RNG. Basically, the seed starts at 0 every time you turn on Emerald. It runs along in a repeated pattern. For example, if your shiny frame is 3.37 minutes into the game, you'll always run into a shiny at 3.37 minutes in the game. My shiny frame occurs at about 40 seconds into the game, so I've encountered several shiny legendary Pokemon. If you don't remember, keep trying different times. If you are soft resetting for legendaries in Emerald and miserably failing, it is best to not button mash, but actually wait several moments before interacting with the legend. If you recall playing for HOURS until running into a shiny, then, it may be hard to pinpoint where your shiny frame was. Knowing your SID helps too. I hope any of this was.. insightful.

BW's RNG is trickier. Aspiring shiny Pokemon owners, keep at it! Maybe turn on the otherwise useless cgear? ;D

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • @TwilightBlade: ...Is that really true? /tempted to get out Emerald and play that in hopes of easily finding a shiny, though she pretty much has all legends so no hope in getting those

Maaaan, that is awesome.

Also, Bold isn't half bad for a Chandelure either, considering it already has good Defense and doesn't really need its Attack stat. Even if it isn't Modest it's still a good find. Kudos to you!

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Roswell;bt58438 said:
    @TwilightBlade: ...Is that really true? /tempted to get out Emerald and play that in hopes of easily finding a shiny, though she pretty much has all legends so no hope in getting those

Maaaan, that is awesome.

Also, Bold isn't half bad for a Chandelure either, considering it already has good Defense and doesn't really need its Attack stat. Even if it isn't Modest it's still a good find. Kudos to you!

Yeah that is true unfortunately. Not a game I would shiny hunt in unless you have encountered a shiny early in the game.

Any way congrats Kaori! I want it ;o;

Back