• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: SO IT'S FINE IF OTHER PEOPLE TALK ABOUT POKÉPHILIA BUT NOT ME???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7958048#post7958048

I WAS TOLD NOT TO POST ABOUT POKÉPHILIA ON THIS FORUM OR LOVE BETWEEN HUMANS AND POKÉMON UNLESS IT IS SOMETHING SIMPLE AS A REPLY ON WHY I LIKE A CERTAIN POKÉMON!!!!! WHY ARE YOU LETTING THIS PERSON POST ABOUT POKÉPHILIA THEM???!!! IT'S BEEN THERE AWHILE AND ALL MINE GET LOCKED AND/OR DELETED!!! I DEMAND BEING ABLE TO POST ABOUT IT AGAIN BECAUSE APPARENTLY YOU GUYS THINK IT'S OK FOR OTHERS TO POST ABOUT IT BUT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
  • you don't know what Poképhilia is do you, Team Fail??? love, romatic relationship = attraction which IS the same thing as Poképhilia!!! look up Poképhile on UD AND YOU WILL SEE!!!!!!!

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I think we are afraid to look that up Justin. Most people think of sex with pokemon when they see... That.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I'd rather not look up Pokephile on Google, but Justin, but I will very quickly say that attraction does NOT equal a romantic relationship. Anyhow, instead of resorting to going public with your issue, I'd recommend (again?) that you instead PM the mod of that section where the thread exists. They can explain why the thread stayed, or perhaps if your argument is strong enough, you may sway them into closing it.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Hentai isnt real either, but people get off on that as well. Is it the same, no. not really. But that isn't the point of this thread, so I'm going to step in and request you not turn this into a personal fight. Justin likes whatever he likes, I don't see why that concerns you, Fireworks. Not to be a dick, just saying. The purpose of this thread is to see if Justin's rights have been tampered with, so keep it on that topic. Ty~

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • You are looking far too much into my comments and trying to make this personal.

It would probably be best to refrain from commenting in the thread if you have nothing constructive to say relating to Justin's questions.

Since none of us seem to have a definitive answer for you, Justin, I think it would be best if you talked privately with a super moderator or administrator about the issue. I'm sorry I can't be of more use to you.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7958048#post7958048

I WAS TOLD NOT TO POST ABOUT POKÉPHILIA ON THIS FORUM OR LOVE BETWEEN HUMANS AND POKÉMON UNLESS IT IS SOMETHING SIMPLE AS A REPLY ON WHY I LIKE A CERTAIN POKÉMON!!!!! WHY ARE YOU LETTING THIS PERSON POST ABOUT POKÉPHILIA THEM???!!! IT'S BEEN THERE AWHILE AND ALL MINE GET LOCKED AND/OR DELETED!!! I DEMAND BEING ABLE TO POST ABOUT IT AGAIN BECAUSE APPARENTLY YOU GUYS THINK IT'S OK FOR OTHERS TO POST ABOUT IT BUT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can answer you, Justin. Mentioning pokephilia is rather harmless. You do it a lot, and staff have somewhat reached a consensus that it is tolerable. I say somewhat, because everyone has their own opinion, as always :) Talking about love is a nice thing.

What is not okay is when someone describes sexual activities or scenes, or mentions it in ways that make other members feel bothered. Pokécommunity should be a nice place for everyone, and pokephilia is not PG-13 okay - just like unwarranted talk about ANY explicit stuff is not okay! If someone is doing something that disturbs others (most often noticed by it being reported), staff will decide whether or not it's worth doing something about.

It is clear that you are not going to stop mentioning your love for pokémon. Sure. It's your choice, your life. You should be prepared then that people might judge you if they don't agree, because that is how the world works.
    But we will not tolerate people posting in ways that make others feel uncomfortable. That's not good for the community, or for the poster for that matter. IT IS NOT BECAUSE YOU ARE MAKING THE THREAD, Justin. It all depends on what it contains. You happen to create a lot of interesting, great threads in PVP and PGen. We don't lock them, do we? Because they are totally fine.

As for that particular thread you are referencing now, the thread creator specifically wanted to discuss romance, feelings, whether or not it's possible. There are even examples from the anime, as some showed there, where pokémon take a liking for humans. Rest assured that the mods were monitoring the thread and should it end up with inappropriate content, we would make sure to fix it.

I just want you to believe that we are not working against you on purpose, Justin. We are working against anything that makes people feel bothered.

Years
  • I can't believe I'm actually stepping into this ludicrous discussion, but I just feel like I have to step in because you seem so confused.

This is what the OP mentioned:

Okay, that makes sense. ^_^' I sort of just dumped all my thoughts into the same place when they didn't belong there. Will edit.

I wasn't necessarily talking about, um, sexual things. It seems clear to me that poke'mon are not compatible with humans, "in that way." I personally believe that romance can exist without sex, so relationships like James and his Chimecho a little romantic to me. Thanks for actually taking me seriously.

Any possible "romantic" relationship between Pokemon and human in Pokemon world is purely platonic, I imagine. To me it seems that the reason why staff members are reprimanding you is because you've just pushed the boundary far too much. I feel like I've explained this to best of my abilities, but I'll be leaving this topic alone now.

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
  • I can answer you, Justin. Mentioning pokephilia is rather harmless. You do it a lot, and staff have somewhat reached a consensus that it is tolerable. I say somewhat, because everyone has their own opinion, as always :) Talking about love is a nice thing.

What is not okay is when someone describes sexual activities or scenes, or mentions it in ways that make other members feel bothered. Pokécommunity should be a nice place for everyone, and pokephilia is not PG-13 okay. If someone is doing something that disturbs others (most often noticed by it being reported), staff will decide whether or not it's worth doing something about.

It is clear that you are not going to stop mentioning your love for pokémon. Sure. It's your choice, your life. You should be prepared then that people might judge you if they don't agree, because that is how the world works.
    But we will not tolerate people posting in ways that make others feel uncomfortable. That's not good for the community, or for the poster for that matter. IT IS NOT BECAUSE YOU ARE MAKING THE THREAD, Justin. It all depends on what it contains.

As for that particular thread you are referencing now, the thread creator specifically wanted to discuss romance, feelings, whether or not it's possible. There are even examples from the anime, as some showed there, where pokémon take a liking for humans. Rest assured that the mods were monitoring the thread and should it end up with inappropriate content, we would make sure to fix it.

I just want you to believe that we are not working against you on purpose, Justin. We are working against anything that makes people feel bothered.
    thanks for clarifying that :)

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • Here the deal, if it doesn't cross the line into explicit "sex" or anything related and is within our rules, and can be read by a user who may have a PG13 (USA) / teen content suggestion rating, then it's generally ok if it is on topic, in the correct section and doesn't provoke a large amount of negative member feedback.

Always remember, the MODS have the right to determine if it is appropriate for both the forum section its posted in and for the pc audience in general (i.e. meets PC's rules, not spam, etc.)

edit: Ninja'd by Adventure

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back