• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen So many good bug pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    Has anyone noticed that the bug pokemon in generation 5 have become considerably better than in previous generations...
    Generation 5:
    Volcarona - Base Stats 550
    Genesect - Base Stats 600
    Durant - Base Stats 484
    Galvantula - Base Stats 472
    Scolipede - Base Stats 475
    Escavalier - Base Stats 495
    Accelgor - Base Stats 495
    Crustle - Base Stats 475
    This is a big difference compared to the fully evolved bug pokemon in previous generations aside from a few (Pinsir, Scisor and Heracross)

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Yeah! Bug is one of my favorite types. And now there are a lot. I think they all had clever designs too.

Years
  • Yes I completly agree. I never used to use bug pokemon because they were extremely weak, but now I use them all the time because they can be pretty awesome especially against phychic and dark!

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I am so happy that there are so many great Bug pokemon in B/W. It's my favorite type but I feel people don't use them because they tend not to have the best stats. Now they don't have an excuse! :3

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
  • Here's what I think of the strenght:

List Of Bug Pokemon:
    Volcarona - Base Stats 550-Strong
    Genesect - Base Stats 600-Balanced
    Durant - Base Stats 484-Weak
    Galvantula - Base Stats 472-Weak
    Scolipede - Base Stats 475-Balanced
    Escavalier - Base Stats 495-Very Strong
    Accelgor - Base Stats 495-Balanced
    Crustle - Base Stats 475-Balanced

If you think some of it's false well don't blame me.

Last edited:

Destiny.

The Absol Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2019
    Volcarona is beautiful and exceptionally strong.
    Bug is my new favourite type :3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Yeah, I agree that Bugs got a bigger boost this generation. You also forgot Scolipede, whose base stat total ties with Crustle's. The aforementioned Scolipede is my favorite Unova Bug Pokemon, tied with Volcarona, because it's the only Bug/Poison Pokemon that gets Earthquake and Rock Slide. Its Speed is high, but not as high as Accelgor's, and its Attack is okay, but it could be higher.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    IMHO i like the bug pokemons here in gen 5 more than the others in the other generations. My favorite is Volcarona. Nice combination of types too!

Fire+Bug = FTW!

Yukimi

Nautical Star
    Years
  • Bug Pokemon needed a boost. They're known for becoming virtually useless by midway through the game. At least some of them can hold their own this gen.
    I still won't use them of course, since bugs are gross and all, but it's good to see them getting a bit more use. :P

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • 545.png
    Spr_5b_596.png

These beautiful specimens are the reason GenV made me proud to be a bug-type pokemon fan. On one hand we've got a speedy physical powerhouse with a wide selection of moves (and an interesting signature move even if it is overshadowed by X-Scissor later in the game), and on the other hand, we've got a speedy special powerhouse that is compatible with some pretty sweet electric attacks. :D

I'd have loved to fit both of them on my team, but my current team is pretty fire-weak with just the one. XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2017
    Generation 5 really stepped up with better Bug Pokemon. I don't find myself using them often but glad to see this change. Bug-types were so underrated in previous generations and seen as weak but now people will think twice about them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2013
    Easily the best generation for bug pokemon! My fav bugs below! (Not including Genesect)

1. Escavalier and Volcarona: They are both tied in my opinion. While volcarona is easily the better choice (plus awesome typing! Fire + Bug = WIN), it's movepool is **** until you get it to lvl-50 and over, which is bad considering it is a B*TCH to level up! Although it will all be worth it in the end.
    Escavalier has better typing defensively, 9 resistances and 1 immunity. It has ridiculous attack and defensive stats making it an effective tanker. Despite it's horrible speed (base 20 speed -__-), I never had any problems with both Escavalier and Volcarona.
    Scizor would probably be a better replacement for Escavalier because of technician bullet punch, but hey, this is gen 5 pokemon so escavalier for me! And there is really no substitute for the sheer badassness of Volcarona.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Unfortunately you cannot revive threads from around 2 years ago (in fact, you can't revive them over a month ago), however you can post in anything with the On-going Discussion prefix from whatever year it is. :)

Anyway, due to this being a really old thread imma lock it up, feel free to make another thread along these lines if you want! n_n
    EkvQs.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back