• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen SO many hoenn references

Years
    Although pokemon are still obtainable from R/S/E and can get to X/Y, I would still like to play the game from a new perspective, in 3D. New players would be curious of this old region as the older players (some of them) would love to revisit it, in a new style. And seeing as how things are being remade lately, I would hope for a remake sometime before the seventh generation.
    For me, it's not about the pokemon, but how you play the story of the game. As for the timeline, that would be difficult if GF were to make these games again. I would love to play an old game with a new system. I am not trying to sound like a Hoenn-obsessed fan, but they are kind of overdue. As Bill Nye would say, please Consider The Following (attachments at the bottom).
    Although it can be highly unlikely for some to remake the 3rd Gen games, I'm praying for it, heh. Little girl who's uncle lives in Hoenn, please do not let me down. :sean:

I wouldn't mind to see hoenn in those graphics, but I prefer a new game and not remakes, mabye sequels. I didn't like R/S/E and gen III is my least favorite gen, but just like gen I and gen II got remakes, gen III also deserve a new game, but hopefully it will have different and better storyline, and big diversty of pokemon(something like BW2 diversty).

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I'm getting a very weird feeling that we won't be getting Hoenn remakes but Hoenn sequels, a la Ruby 2 and Sapphire 2 kind of sequel...

I've noticed that Gen 6 was all about bringing the classics and showing them in a new format...

Imo, we would be having the Hoenn region, 2 years after X and Y, and traversing it with new locations and a new storyline....

gionell

Explorer of legends
    Years
    Weird ruby and sapphire reference

For those who haven't found it yet since i recently found it today, In the Richissime hotel on the second floor there's a old couple sitting on the sofa, if you talk to them the man will tell you this: "The 40th wedding anniversary is the Ruby anniversary, and the 45th is sapphire." This is really weird to me since they are a lot of ruby and sapphire refences in this game which could lead to their remakes.

What do you guys think?

FC:3738-0585-5355

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Well I think there's no doubt for a R/S remake. I'll be definitely buying one! There are a lot of Hoenn references, but also other region references like Reshiram and Zekrom in Parfume Palace and Sinnoh's Battle Frontier.
    The most remarkable hint towards a remake is the backpacker in Geosenge Town and Couriway Town respective hotels. He says something like you should visit a town in his region, but you'll see it in due time.

Years
    Well I think there's no doubt for a R/S remake. I'll be definitely buying one! There are a lot of Hoenn references, but also other region references like Reshiram and Zekrom in Parfume Palace and Sinnoh's Battle Frontier.
    The most remarkable hint towards a remake is the backpacker in Geosenge Town and Couriway Town respective hotels. He says something like you should visit a town in his region, but you'll see it in due time.

No it doesn't. He gives you an item from His region and says its not from Hoenn, Kanto, Jhoto, Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos. He does say you should vist his region but hat prooves hes not from any of those regions.
    And this hoenn remake thing , might not happen. They only have remade the ones for Gbc, Hoenn is Gba, which likely wont have a remake. Its like saying the sinnoh and unova references are hinting to another remake, which those I can almost garuntee wont happen. Tho there is still a possibility for a hoenn remake, dont get your hopes up.

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Pokemon X-apphire & Pokemon Rub-Y

I'm calling it now..lol just a stupid name i thought up in hopes for a remake. I would love for Hoen remake. it's my favorite gen after johto..

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    The "in due time" does ring RSE-remade, since we don't need the DPPt and especially not the BWB2W2 ones, too!

Years
    The "in due time" does ring RSE-remade, since we don't need the DPPt and especially not the BWB2W2 ones, too!

He gives you an item from his region and states hes not from any region so far and Hoenn is a region so hes not from hoenn -.-

CBBXD

CBBXD
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2014
    I wonder if we will just get passport DLC that allows us to travel to different regions. Hmm maybe will be able to visit Johto, Kanto, Sinnoh, and maybe just maybe NOT Unova. I honestly would want to visit other nintendo worlds like Hyrule........

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    I wonder if in hyrule..if we use cut near in a grass, we can find Rupees!

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2013
    If they remake Hoenn, then they will probably keep the Player Customization.

That means Brendan and May would be as changeable as Calem and Serena.

I just blew your minds. LOL

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    He also gives you an item from his region and says its not from Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos. Hes therefor NOT from Hoenn.

O that's right, I forgot about his other meaningful sentences XD. I obtained the Strange Souvenir from him, with the description saying it depicts a Pokemon who protects a region far away from Kalos. The item doesn't look like a known Pokemon, and since the backpacker tells us he is from a region we don't know, Hoenn is not the case and a new region might just be it. Youtuber Marriland explains the new region theory, go check that out.

The last interesting fact; The strategy guide of X and Y has a Berry guide at page 384(?). A small note says 13 berries can be obtained in X and Y through mutations, and a 14 other berries must be traded over from OTHER REGIONS. OTHER FREAKING REGIONS. Regions as in multiple. There's an s at the end :p
    This is just a confirmation we'll get a new region soon, whether it will be DLC for X and Y, or a new game(s) is just the question. And perhaps that R/S remake after all this as a little surprise? Who knows.

Back