• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    A MegaStone for Medicham was recently found, and an NPC talks about MegaBanette. I was hoping Medicham would get a mega. ;333

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    One of the primary things that annoy me about XY is the breaking of tradition. At this point we can't say with any confidence that we will even get a cute event legendary. Nothing is for sure. I'm also really disappointed with the starters, by far my least favorite since Gen 3. The only one I ever see myself starting with is Froakie. No unique Trio is blasphemous, change can be good but I see no good reason to break this tradition.

The ability changing item appears pointless to me if it doesn't give access to Hidden Abilities. I breed for Hidden Abilities. If your hatch doesn't have it now it's still trash to me except for the rare case of a Pokemon like Smeargle who's HA is banned from competitive play. My living Dex still relies heavily on trading and breeding. At first the item sounded great but now I may not even bother.

Next is weather. If indeed it has been nerfed, what is the point in a Summoner? Especially Abomasnow even with it's Mega. 5 turns? It is only a useful Pokemon because of the permanent weather. With it's terrible defensive typing I would rather just use Black Kyurem with Hail and the stone that makes weather last 8 turns. Mega Charizard Y also appears to get the shaft with it's new ability Drought. Truly what purpose is there to use terrible weather starters when you can replace examples like Ninetails (if you want a different Mega than Charizard) or Abomasnow? What benefit is there?

Next up is Megas. While I'm not completely against them I really wish they were reserved for fully (three stage) evolved Pokemon and Legendaries that will never evolve. I suppose this isn't such an issue with two stage evolution groups that have the potential for a pre-evo but what about Absol? Single stage non legendary. How do you explain it ever evolving in the future? Why couldn't the Mega have been a standard evolution? I'm also not a big fan of version exclusive Megas, I personally feel like one Mega for every fully evolved/legendary by Gen 15 would have been fine.

This is everything but it will do for now. Regardless of my immense disappointment the game looks great and I will play it like all the others and try to complete my living Hidden Ability female Pokedex.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    also i dont know if anyone has noticed this or thought of it but does anyone remember the little circular buildings in the very first trailer of X and Y? and do you remember the trailer that showed you meeting team flare grunts in a cave? well i was thinking that since those buildings were in a mountian region, and mountains have caves, and that maybe those connected buildings wer probably team flares hideout? its the perfect place in a mountain that had litterally nothing in it. Does anyone agree or know where im going with this?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    One of the primary things that annoy me about XY is the breaking of tradition. At this point we can't say with any confidence that we will even get a cute event legendary. Nothing is for sure. I'm also really disappointed with the starters, by far my least favorite since Gen 3. The only one I ever see myself starting with is Froakie. No unique Trio is blasphemous, change can be good but I see no good reason to break this tradition.

Blame the people who got sick of the "same old same old."

The ability changing item appears pointless to me if it doesn't give access to Hidden Abilities. I breed for Hidden Abilities. If your hatch doesn't have it now it's still trash to me except for the rare case of a Pokemon like Smeargle who's HA is banned from competitive play. My living Dex still relies heavily on trading and breeding. At first the item sounded great but now I may not even bother.

Well that's your problem.

Next is weather. If indeed it has been nerfed, what is the point in a Summoner? Especially Abomasnow even with it's Mega. 5 turns? It is only a useful Pokemon because of the permanent weather. With it's terrible defensive typing I would rather just use Black Kyurem with Hail and the stone that makes weather last 8 turns. Mega Charizard Y also appears to get the shaft with it's new ability Drought. Truly what purpose is there to use terrible weather starters when you can replace examples like Ninetails (if you want a different Mega than Charizard) or Abomasnow? What benefit is there?

Gen V's metagame was completely dominated by weather teams, forcing lots of players to create their own, thus limiting any unique strategy that doesn't involve weather abuse. I just want to battle with my favorites regardless of what strategy I use, not with a team restricted to counter the common weather-based teams. The nerf shows that GF is fully aware of game breakers.

Next up is Megas. While I'm not completely against them I really wish they were reserved for fully (three stage) evolved Pokemon and Legendaries that will never evolve. I suppose this isn't such an issue with two stage evolution groups that have the potential for a pre-evo but what about Absol? Single stage non legendary. How do you explain it ever evolving in the future? Why couldn't the Mega have been a standard evolution? I'm also not a big fan of version exclusive Megas, I personally feel like one Mega for every fully evolved/legendary by Gen 15 would have been fine.

The way I see it, they're giving Mega Evolutions to popular Pokemon who have total base stats of 465+, making them incapable of getting another regular evolution (ex: Lucario), and popular stand alone Pokemon whose myth/legend its based off prevents it from having a regular evolution for fear of insulting said myth/legend (ex: Mawile). If Magnezone, Rhyperior, Electivire, Magmortar, and Porygon-Z were introduced in Gen VI, they would've been Mega Evolutions rather than normal evolutions.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Shiny Meowstic looks so angelic

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    This is true but according to both PokeBeach and PokeJungle they are the opposite. And I believe Jungle or Beach is actually from japan.

Serebii says they are exclusive because people have only found Lairon in X and Pupitar in Y. Whether the stones are exclusive to opposites seems to have a bigger discussion.

The confliction definitely needs to be tested to see if you can find them where.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Please tell me that the rumor of y being more dark why x is more commical is fake. I want them to have the same dark story especially since i am getting X.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    I hope mega Banette is true! Although I would of been happier with an actual evo, this is okay too. Banette has been my favorite Pokemon for a long while now and if it's real it will for sure for sure be the mega I use. I hope they make him a beast :D

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
    tyranitar is exclusive to X and aggron is exclusive to Y (their mega forms) bulbanewsNow on twitter released that info. just if people wanted to know but it didnt say waht version gengar and kangaskan were to.

mega tyranitar is x exclusive... that's it im changing my pre order to X (I hope they let me do that lol) because Y really got the shaft on the exclusives IMO. I like Yveltal much more then Xerneas but I like the exclusives much more in X than Y

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
    oh wow I am really liking that mega medicham. its amazing looking. definitely training it lol
    (actually I wish that was really its evolution instead of its mega evo :( )

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back