• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirfetch’d

What does everyone think about Gen VI introducing only 70 brand new pokemon?

We know of/have seen 52 as of right now, leaving only 18 more

I think that the number will far exceed 70 because most that have been revealed have only had one or 2 stages(excluding the starters) revealed. We have yet to see the legendary trio, the third box legendary, the "mew" legendary, and the multiple stand alone legendaries that appear each generation. I still firmly believe that the total count will be somewhere around 115.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • No matter how nice they are though(and I fully expect to see many more revealed that will be) you are still going to have a swarm of hate for them just like with the previous generations. Everyone though is entitled to feel that way though.

Oh of course.~
    However, I just hope that the designs won't be so bad that we hate them forever. I'd rather them be hated at first but then liked. I'd hate to have a generation with a lot of bad Pokemon. ._.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    i wouldnt be surprised if helioptile got another evo the gen 6 megas have some decent potential if they ever get one chesnaught could get even bulkier and hella spikey greninja could get blacker and more menacing and i dont know what delphox would change into but it could be awesome

Sirfetch’d

i wouldnt be surprised if helioptile got another evo the gen 6 megas have some decent potential if they ever get one chesnaught could get even bulkier and hella spikey greninja could get blacker and more menacing and i dont know what delphox would change into but it could be awesome

Gen 6 Pokemon won't be having any Mega Evolutions unfortunately.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    I think that the number will far exceed 70 because most that have been revealed have only had one or 2 stages(excluding the starters) revealed. We have yet to see the legendary trio, the third box legendary, the "mew" legendary, and the multiple stand alone legendaries that appear each generation. I still firmly believe that the total count will be somewhere around 115.

Kosthedin confirmed only 70... also it was discussion on that large leak forum

Sirfetch’d

Kosthedin confirmed only 70... also it was discussion on that large leak forum

Oh well, that is a slight disappointment, but even so 70 is a good number considering everything else that we are getting.

Years
  • [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

The fanart is already coming in. I didn't really like the designs at first but all three are growing on me now.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • What does everyone think about Gen VI introducing only 70 brand new pokemon?

We know of/have seen 52 as of right now, leaving only 18 more

I would be extremely angry. 70 is far too few. I want at least 110. I would be incredibly mad if a huge region like Kalos only brought in 70 pokemon. Not to mention it would be stupid to show so many if there was so few

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    What I think is they made these starter like that because later they will give us a better design as a Mega Evolution. It seems now they will work less on the design and just rework on it in another gen and add a Mega on it. You will see even less old pokemons evolving and more new and mega evolutions. Also by looking at the evolution animation ( not the mega ) it looks like how digimon digivolved in the first seasons of the anime.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Kosthedin confirmed only 70... also it was discussion on that large leak forum
    No he didn't? He only played up to the... well, not even up to the 2nd gym, and it wasn't a review copy. No way could he know that, and I didn't see him say that either. Source?

Leak forums are unconfirmed too.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • What I think is they made these starter like that because later they will give us a better design as a Mega Evolution. It seems now they will work less on the design and just rework on it in another gen and add a Mega on it. You will see even less old pokemons evolving and more new and mega evolutions. Also by looking at the evolution animation ( not the mega ) it looks like how digimon digivolved in the first seasons of the anime.

I kinda hope not. As far as not evolving old Pokemon anymore. I'd much rather them have evolutions than having Mega Forms.

But that's just my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    kos said anything he learnt he posted on his instagram and i never saw him confirm 70 pokemon
    he got through the first 6 towns or cities whatever you wanna call it and only found 1 gym

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I kinda hope not. As far as not evolving old Pokemon anymore. I'd much rather them have evolutions than having Mega Forms.

But that's just my opinion.

But now they have a reason to do bad looking pokemon and then coming back on them by adding a mega evolution. So instead of making new pokemons they will work into making more megas. Just looking at Kalos starters you can see the design is made for them to evolve even more later.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    What with all the Chesnaut hate? It seems Delphox got the least hate out of the three this week, that've read at least.

I think that you would get a better idea of those things in the neogaf thread.
    They made a poll and apparently you are wrong: https://strawpoll.me/497262/r. Me too, I swear I'd never expect Greninja to get so much love. Oh well, I wasn't even expecting it to get any love in first place. I find it very interesting and intriguing to see how people can have such different opinions on things.

They were also comparing the starter designs like this (this is my case):
    Spoiler:

When BW came out, I had access to the internet about once a week, so I didn't really pay atention to these things. The only thing I cared about was to download and play the game as soon as possible. I didn't even hesitate to choose Oshawott. I loved its design. And when I saw Samurott... I was speechless, it was freakin' awesome.

I remember people reacted the same way to the Gen V starters...look at them now, they love them (with either Serperior or Samurrot as the favorite)

This year I had come to realise that Oshawott was the least loved of the three. Only today, looking through those comparisons, I was surprised by how Samurott was the least favorite of most people. I even googled it and it looks like it's pretty much because it looks too different from the previous stages, it was not what people expected, so they hated on it. I don't understand that point of view. Sure it was unexpected, but I really think it was awesome looking, much like Charizard. People wouldn't expect Charmeleon to evolve into pretty much a dragon.

Moving on to the new starters, summing up my opinion before going to bed (way too late, I have to wake up in 4 hours xD):

- Greninja. One thing that I liked about that line was the bubbles in the neck and chest and I was sure that the last stage would have it aswell. In a sudden, the bubbles are replaced by a weird looking tongue surrounding its neck, which I'm still far from liking (even though I like the concept of it). Another thing that I dislike about it are those pointy triangular shapes. They just look too weird to me, hence why I immediatly assumed it was a fakemon.

- Delphox. There's nothing that I really dislike about it, but nothing that I like either. I'm disappointed that the stick simply disappeared. Everyone was expecting it to become a magic wand/staff and I liked that idea. Other than that, I find its head a bit and idk, I just find it a bit plain and uninteresting.

- Chesnaught. This think is completely sick. The designers were totally out of their mind when they created it. I mean, while there a very big progression in terms of physical traits and concept in the case of the other two starters. Delphox is still a bipedal fox, just a bit bigger and Greninja is still just a frog like Frogadier, just with some different shapes and tongue scarf instead of a bubbles. But from Quilladin to that? Oh god, who would have come up with that? Anyway, I loved Chespin from the beggining and I immediatly chose for the same reason I chose, for example, Oshawott and Turtwig. I just love it when some cute little thing becomes something big and badass (like Samurott and Torterra). So obviously I became a little worried when it evolved to Quilladin, which was not badass at all and still small, just round. After that, I just felt like, in order for it to meet my standards, it would need to have a huge progression. I just wanted it to come out of its shell as some really big and badass creature. After seeing the not so big progression in the other lines, I got my hopes really low. So yeah, when this thing came out, I was just speechless. That huge progression did happen, but it was a lot more huge than I would have ever expected... like ever.
    So, pretty much, I think that this thing is overly big, overly badass and I love it!
    Also, I never really care about names, but I have to say that I particularly love this one.

Wow... definitely been a looong night, gn all!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back