• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen so much hacking in ORAS!!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Battling in ORAS has not been fun lately. Probably due to the fact that there are so many hacked pokemon in battle spot. I can tell because slower pokemon has been outspeeding my super fast team such as mega beedrill and weavile . Other pokemon have far too much bulk and can't be one hit even when hit with super effective moves and low defenses and hp. My super tanks can't seem to take neutral hits.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Last edited:

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Hacked Pokémon cannot be brought for battle on Battle Spot. And keep in mind that there are held items that can boost a Pokémon's speed, such as a Choice Scarf. Here's a copy+paste description of that item...
    When this item is being held, the user's Speed is increased by 50%, but the Pokémon is limited to using the first attack it uses until it is withdrawn from battle.
    There are also other stat boosting items that can be held by a Pokémon. Not only that, but there are also IVs and EVs that you need to consider on a Pokémon. Those two (IVs and EVs) can increase a stat to its highest potential, not to mention if a right Nature is added into the mix.

In any case, welcome to the world of Competitive Battling.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Its not regular pokemon that are hacked its usually a japanese player with a full team of shiny legendaries including shiny mew that annoy me on battle spot. Thankfully they are few and far between.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    Basically what Destine said. While you can "hack" pokemon in, they have to be exactly the same as the max potential a normal pokemon would be. So, if you were to say breed a 6 IV Garchomp with a Jolly nature and give it a Choice Scarf while giving it 252 EVs in the speed stat......This would be as fast as Garchomp could ever be by breeding. On the flip side you could do the same exact thing by hacking a pokemon in. If you were to make it any faster than this or give it a move it couldn't learn normally, it would never make it into a Battle Spot battle. So, while you can technically hack a pokemon in, it still has to follow the rules of a normal pokemon or else it can't be used. So, everything you were just talking about in your post is what a normal pokemon that you breed could do it without being hacked.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    These pokemon do not have choice scarves. They switch moves all the time and I always frisk my opponent in case I am wrong. I can post a video as proof if needed.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I say post a video so we can see exactly what it is you're talking about.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    Probably would be easiest to post a video but in general if you hack a pokemon into the game it has to be "legal" in terms of what its max potential is compared to the max potential a pokemon that is bred has.

Have you been breeding for IVs and doing the proper EV training? Are the pokemon you are fighting close to the same speed normally? If so do you have a speed boosting nature or not? If their speeds are normally pretty close and you have Max Speed IVs and have put max EVs into speed but you don't have a speed boosting nature then thats how they are out speeding you.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    What annoys me more than the clear hacked IVs etc. Is the people who believe that a team of Legends can outperform everything else just by showing up. I was up against someone on Battle Spot and he/she had Groudon, Kyogre, Xerneus, Yveltal, Mewtwo and Zygarde I believe - all shiny. After I beat his/her Groudon out in one turn, Xerneus and Yveltal were taken out with almost as much ease then he/she bought out Kyogre and flattened me because it's way uber.

I didn't mind losing - that's life. But I think it was the fact they were all shiny, and the mentality that legends are the best thing in the world ever and nothing can beat them :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Have you been breeding for IVs and doing the proper EV training? Are the pokemon you are fighting close to the same speed normally? If so do you have a speed boosting nature or not? If their speeds are normally pretty close and you have Max Speed IVs and have put max EVs into speed but you don't have a speed boosting nature then thats how they are out speeding you.

To answer this question, yes. All my speed based pokemon have nature's that benefit speed, 252 ev's and perfect IV's on at least speed and it's main attacking stats. I am a huge fan of breeding with destiny knot and everstone.

No reason why pokemon like Gallade, tentacruel, and raichu are outspeeding my weavile, talonflame, crobat, greninja, and scarfed butterfree.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    Mega Gallade and Raichu can out speed a Scarfed Butterfree.

70 Speed + 10% for speed boosting Nature + 50% for Choice Scarf

70 + 7 + 38.5 = 115.5

Doesn't matter what order things take place as it all adds up to the same thing. EVs being added in don't matter as both pokes would have max Speed EVs.

Mega Gallade
    Base 110 speed + Speed boosting Nature.

110 + 11 = 121 base speed.

Raichu has the same base speed, so it should be able to out speed a scarfed Butter Free with Max IVs, max EVs in speed, and a speed boosting nature.

The rest of the pokes i have no clue unless it was priority moves that were hitting you. If they aren't then they must be scarfed to be out speeding you and you just didn't notice. At the end of the day, you can't bring hacked pokemon into Battle Spot that would be faster then normal pokemon, Battle Spot wont let you. So, you must not be noticing the Choice Scarf. Hell, the latest version of the 3DS framework software made it impossible to hack pokemon in if you updated to it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Well, here is the vid I promised. Please explain how Raikou outspeeds my Talonflame:

ZRQG-WWWW-WWXK-6S6K

Please note that my Talonflame has 195 speed. Raikou's max speed allowed is 183. You can clearly see in this video that it is NOT scarfed.

PS, I would also love to point out that hacking must be possible and allowed in Battle Spot considering Diancie and Hoopa has been kicking my butt long before they have been released. I don't even think Hoopa is released yet.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Mega Gallade and Raichu can out speed a Scarfed Butterfree.

70 Speed + 10% for speed boosting Nature + 50% for Choice Scarf

70 + 7 + 38.5 = 115.5

Doesn't matter what order things take place as it all adds up to the same thing. EVs being added in don't matter as both pokes would have max Speed EVs.

Mega Gallade
    Base 110 speed + Speed boosting Nature.

110 + 11 = 121 base speed.

Raichu has the same base speed, so it should be able to out speed a scarfed Butter Free with Max IVs, max EVs in speed, and a speed boosting nature.

The rest of the pokes i have no clue unless it was priority moves that were hitting you. If they aren't then they must be scarfed to be out speeding you and you just didn't notice. At the end of the day, you can't bring hacked pokemon into Battle Spot that would be faster then normal pokemon, Battle Spot wont let you. So, you must not be noticing the Choice Scarf. Hell, the latest version of the 3DS framework software made it impossible to hack pokemon in if you updated to it.

This isn't how it really works. There's a difference between base stat and the maximum/minimum stats as seen in the Pokemon's summary screen.

At level 50, Butterfree's max Speed with a neutral nature, 0 EVs and a 31 Speed IV is 90 (which is 20 above the base stat). With a +Speed nature (90 x 1.1), this becomes 99. Give that stat 252 EVs and this reaches 122 (135 with a +Speed nature). Give Butterfree a Choice Scarf and this becomes 183 (with the neutral nature) or 202 (rounded down, with the +Speed nature).

At level 50, Mega Gallade's max Speed with a neutral nature, 0 EVs and a 31 Speed IV is 130. With a +Speed nature, this becomes 143. If 252 Speed EVs are applied, this becomes 162 (with a neutral nature) or 178 (with the +Speed nature)

Even then, Choice Scarf Butterfree still outspeeds Mega Gallade, but that was the wrong way to explain it.

Read for more info.

Years
    Battling in ORAS has not been fun lately. Probably due to the fact that there are so many hacked pokemon in battle spot. I can tell because slower pokemon has been outspeeding my super fast team such as mega beedrill and weavile . Other pokemon have far too much bulk and can't be one hit even when hit with super effective moves and low defenses and hp. My super tanks can't seem to take neutral hits.

Am I the only one experiencing this?
    No your not the only one. I faced a Tyranitar which out sped my Gardevoir with 252 speed and timid nature. The only way it could do that is if it was scarfed, had jolly and it was 252 speed. But his Tyranitar wasn't scarfed because it used more then 1 move. Tyranitar's base speed is 61. Gardevoir's base speed is 80 so just a regular Jolly 252 speed T-Tar wouldnt be able to out speed a Timid 252 speed Gardevoir, or at least if my math is correct.

Hacked Pokémon cannot be brought for battle on Battle Spot. And keep in mind that there are held items that can boost a Pokémon's speed, such as a Choice Scarf. Here's a copy+paste description of that item...

There are also other stat boosting items that can be held by a Pokémon. Not only that, but there are also IVs and EVs that you need to consider on a Pokémon. Those two (IVs and EVs) can increase a stat to its highest potential, not to mention if a right Nature is added into the mix.

In any case, welcome to the world of Competitive Battling.

Actually QR injected pokegenned Pokemon can be used in the Battle Spot so can Pokemon that were made via Powersaves just as long as they look legit and have a legit place of origin. Those are considered hacked as well. As for Pokemon that don't have legit stats cant be used, nor can they be used on regular wifi battles either. I had a Mega Swampert that I accidentally put too many Ev's on when using Powersaves and it wouldn't allow it in a battle when challenged. So overall hackedmons are allowed they just have to be legit. Although I don't doubt someone found a way to use hackedmons with illegal stats on battle spot. There have been times where I thought something fishy was going on with their pokes.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I am not sure how hacks work or how Nintendo judges stats, but let me state a theory:

One of the other problems I have are pokemon that are over bulky and over powered (meaning too much attack and/or special attack). If Raikou's max stats are:

Lvl 50
    HP: 197
    AT:150
    DF:139
    SD:167
    Speed:183

That does not mean it should be allowed to have all the maxed stats. Remember that natures cannot apply to all stats, and one stat must be lowered by 10%.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    Huh, i was thinking Choice Scarf double based off the base stats and not the stat with the EVs added. I have no clue why i was thinking this. lol

In any case, i had no clue how they would be out speeding you. However, i highly doubt its due to the pokemon being hacked. There must be something we are missing. In terms of the video, i've got no clue how to view the video itself. lol I don't use showdown or anything, so i was expecting a link to a youtube video or something.

@Jux: When it comes to programming, in this case coding should be written to include each possible combination of "legal" stats. So boosting a stat outside of its normal range for the given nature and EV spread wouldn't work if the coding is written the way i suspect it to be written. For example, if you were to do a speed nature with max speed EVs and max Attack EVs i suspect the coding would be set up to only allow pokemon with a certain defense and spdef stat if it has all of its EVs dedicated to attack and speed. If it is set up that way, then there would be no way to boost stats higher then their normal values.

Basically if defense is higher than X, then do not allow the pokemon into battle spot. Same with Spdef or any of the other stats that don't have EVs in them. Speaking from the programming background i have, this would seem to be the most logical way to catch hacked pokemon to me. However, without seeing the actual coding of the game, i can't say for sure that this is the way battle spot catches hacked pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    In terms of the video, i've got no clue how to view the video itself. lol I don't use showdown or anything, so i was expecting a link to a youtube video or something.

You can input the code to your 3DS to view the match while using your VS Recorder

@Jux: When it comes to programming, in this case coding should be written to include each possible combination of "legal" stats. So boosting a stat outside of its normal range for the given nature and EV spread wouldn't work if the coding is written the way i suspect it to be written.

We don't know how the codes are written or programmed. That's why it's a theory not a fact.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    Right, i added to my post above as i got to thinking about it. XD

Anyways, like i and you said, without seeing the coding itself i can't say for sure how battle spot works. All i can say is that from the way i think when programming, thats the most sufficient way to catch and keep hacked pokemon out of battle spot.

Years
    Really? Players are still using hacked Pokémon? After what happened with Bank you'd think Game Freak would have done something about ensuring that the hacked garbage stays offline, period.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    Really? Players are still using hacked Pokémon? After what happened with Bank you'd think Game Freak would have done something about ensuring that the hacked garbage stays offline, period.

Well, what can you do about it is the question? If everything is done correctly, is there even a way to trace it or distinguish it from a hack pokemon? I honestly don't know if there is, so thats why i ask. If there isn't a way to tell the two apart, then how can Game Freak actually stop it? Not saying there isn't a way to tell the two apart. Like i said, i don't really know if there is one.

Back