• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So what are YOU playing?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Ok~ This is one of those cool threads that you post what game you're currently playing, and some thoughts on it. This is NOT a spam thread. This is for getting a better understanding of what other gamers are playing across the country/world/etc.

FORM:

Game ATM:
    - For:
    - Thoughts on it:

So! There you go ;D I'll start.

Game ATM: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
    - For: DS
    - Thoughts on it: Zomg...favorite DS game ever 0_0; Right now I just got into the condemed tower or whatever. It's frightfully hard to get past all the moving gears- hey...maybe it's the Clock tower- and the spikes. and the medusa heads are annoying XP

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Game ATM: Neverwinter Nights
    - For: PC
    - Thoughts on it: I got the game around 2 years ago, but I recently started playing (since I found my lost install disc).

It's really fun as a RPG, and it's not like Japanese RPGs like Dragon Quest and FF, which makes it exciting for me.

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
    Game: Soul Calibur 3
    System: PS2
    Thoughts: Very...fun...game...but...somewhat...frustrating

tyrant_078

Teh Ultimate Being!!!!1111
    Years
    Game: Parasite Eve 2
    System: Playstation
    Thoughts: So far, it's alright. I like the storyline, characters (except for Rupert. He's nothing but a clone of Daniel from the original PE) and gameplay. The CGI scenes are pretty cool looking, too. However, it's nothing compared to the first PE, which is truly one of the greatest games ever to be made for Playstation.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Game Name: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi
    For: Playstation Two
    Thoughts: Great fighting game, now just to unlock characters like Master Roshi and regular Oozaru.

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
    Game atm:halo2
    for:Xbox
    comment:i love this game it rules*dies* i cant see how anyone cant like it and i got it bout 2 months ago

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
    game atm:DBZ legeng of goku
    for:GBA Sp
    cooment:it is exactly like the t.v series and i kinda like it because it reminds me of the dbz show

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Game ATM: DDR: Mario Mix
    - For: 'Cube
    - Thoughts on it: Hmmmm...this is my first Dance Dance Revolution game [I only have a GCN]; so it's exciting for me =D However, I hate how I'm embarrassed to say I actually bought it because of Mario --; Anyways, it's pretty easy...and not enough variety of songs. But I don't regret buying it.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
    Game ATM: Donkey Kong Country 3
    For: GameBoy Advance
    Thoughts: Just as amazing as I remember it being for the SNES. Shame they totally changed the soundtrack, but nevermind.

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    I've rated games in other things before I'm no professional I like to do it for fun since it allows me easy conversation into things I like, so I look at things from a non-favorable point of view, including games I like before I say anything else...

Game ATM: NHL 2006
    - For: PlayStation 2
    - Thoughts on it: 'Good' but not 'Great' Hockey game for this generation of games. Like any hockey game of this generation you need to know the rules rather then the old Ice Hockey style of shooting and scoring with the occasional icing call, although even if you know the Hockey rules, I suggest you re-check them since this game plays by the new NHL rules. They did a good job on the graphics especially in detailing a players faces and jersey's and even more so considering it's on the PS2, but even so you'd be better off saving your money and buying NHL 2004 or 05 since there are way too many glitches and it looks like they rushed the game as well so lot of the basic features in dynasty mode like not knowing the scores from other games. I didn't like that in shootouts you 'have' to use the manual goalie since there is no auto-goalie leaving most people at a handicap for a deciding game. And they don't have modes where you can practice your goaltending skills either. And the newest thing they added was the 'no random-goals' meaning you have to use skill to score so your going to have games like 5-0 for the computer or 13-4 for you no matter on, which level. Overall it's worth renting but buying it would be a waste.

Game ATM: WWF Wrestlemania 2000
    - For: Nintendo 64
    - Thoughts on it: At the time this game was released this game was great since THQ's past successful wrestling games for the 64 that being WCW/nWo World Tour and WCW/nWo Revenge were totally different style than your normal pro wrestling game and bringing it to the WWF you get a whole new breed of characters that haven't been done along with the new create-a-player feature meaning you can now be one of these wacky little superstars. Like every wrestling game the key is to kick your opponents butt and get the 3 count, or submit them, or count them out however you want to end the match. But for you owners of WCW/now Revenge might be a bit disappointed since they used the exact same ring music and sound effects as Revenge, so that means sound is pretty bad along with the all around graphics even for that of the Nintendo 64 but the game play makes up for it by far. They added a Cage match to this edition along with the Road to Wrestlemania and the create-a-belt feature made this by far a revolutionized wrestling game. Obviously the Road to Wrestlemania can get a bit repetitive after awhile but it's better than nothing but you'd be better off to grab 3 friends make a belt and go nuts because without friends this is just really an average 64 game. But since we are 5 years now down the road for all you PS2, GameCube X-Box junkies when you play a game like this, it won't appeal to you nearly as much as it did back in the day since wrestling games have evolved. But I'd probably take this classic over any GameCube wrestling game since the controls are far more superior and easier so it's lot quicker to catch on too, but as for the later released title 'WWF No Mercy' for the N64 or any of the PS2, wrestling games you might as well throw it in the trash. Overall this game was great when it came out but drifted away when 'WWF No Mercy' fixed it's problems but none the less a classic for the N64.

Game ATM: Kid Icarus
    - For: Nintendo
    - Thoughts on it: I honestly don't know if people are old enough or actually remember this game but Kid Icarus was one of the so-so popular characters when he appeared on the show 'Captain N the Game Master' show but I'll talk about it anyway. To put it in simple words, the game is well... simple based. You go around with your bow and arrow since you're an angel and shoot bad guys who as usual do different things, but in a unique style of rather then going the usual sideways, you go up the level instead so there is lot of jumping involved. The graphics are ok for the Nintendo system the music is more catchy than annoying and it's a challenging game, it really tests a players ability in something that seems so simple, not as good as the first 'Super Mario Brothers' did since this game is far more difficult but none the less, if you can get into your skill groove you should be fine. The controls like lot of Nintendo games are simple so that's a plus but where this game really hurts is when you jump and bring the camera along, the camera won't go down and you should know what that means if you fall down...right you die rather then the camera going down, so that can be pretty annoying. Overall if you like relaxing games this might put a bit of stress on you but if you're one of those old Nintendo Power kids who wants to beat every game for Nintendo, I suggest you try and put the name on your win column.

Last edited:

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
    Years
    Game ATM: Soul Calibur: III
    - For: PS2
    - Thoughts on it: This is taken from a small portion of my post in the SC III thread.

The newsest and very much impressive installment to the SC series.(as most know) The visuals are great, gameplay stays true to all it's fans dating back to when SC was released on Dream Cast, great character customizations and modes. Pretty much everything you've got from SC II plus more.(of course, including SC characters from the original) Replay value will be of no trouble, it's loaded with so many different items, Museum collecting movies and much more, you can't expect to have it completed anytime soon. (or be disappointed with the fluent controls when pulling off techniques) As always, it's nicely paced when fighting, making you think a lot more in faster motions in the heat of battle. For one thing, setting the difficulty to easy will not save you if you're an complete novice. They made sure to add a few challenges through the game, you won't fly through it. So button mashers who thought it'd be a good idea to press all the button, good luck, as I doubt you'll get far. As said twice above, the game can get frustration because of the beefed up game levels, but it's all apart of the fun if you like a real challenge.

~Blade~

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Game ATM: Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
    - For: PlayStation2
    - Thoughts on it: I love this game, it's as simple as that. I wanted Battlefield 2 for the PC, but my laptop just couldn't take it. So I saw they were going to have one for the PS2 so I went out and got it the first day. I love this FPS, the reactions are smooth, the AI isn't stupid and I love the hotswap thing in it. I thought it'd be some run down version of the PC one and wouldn't have anything worth playing. But I was wrong, I know you can't fly jets and that sort of stuff like BF2. But it's got choppers, and tanks, lots of other things. I know it'd be far better if I could get it online. The only thing I don't like about it is no 2 players. I'd like to battle my brother and see who's better on the game (but I don't need 2 players for that, my rank is Major and his is like Master Sergeant or somewhere in there XD).

Game ATM: Star Wars: Battlefront 2
    - For: PlayStation 2
    - Thoughts on it: My brother was the one that bought this one (I got BF2: MC, he got SW: BF2). I also love this game, I own Star Wars: Battlefront and I liked it, but it had a few things I think could have done better. Most if not all of them holes were fixed in SW: BF2. The thing I like the most is they added an FPS mode to it. Lately I been hooked on FPS games and I'm so glad they added an FPS mode to SW: BF2. It's not as smooth and clean like Modern Combat (I'm a good sniper and I want to pick off someone with any weapon. I can't do that with SW: BF2 like I can in Modern Combat). Over all it's a great great upgrade to SW: BF and it's a game I really like it.

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
    tyrant_078 said:
    Game: Parasite Eve 2
    System: Playstation
    Thoughts: So far, it's alright. I like the storyline, characters (except for Rupert. He's nothing but a clone of Daniel from the original PE) and gameplay. The CGI scenes are pretty cool looking, too. However, it's nothing compared to the first PE, which is truly one of the greatest games ever to be made for Playstation.

Hehe, every try nightmare mode? i gaurantee you instant death, esp on the final boss, but back on topic

Game: Fire emblem path of radiance
    For: Gamecube
    Analysis: It's a cool game, the 3D makes the battle scenes cooler than the GBA fire emblems(in my view), not to mention they have little mini movies sometimes too! Characters are pretty neat, they make the main character a good character. I think it's fun, not too hard, but it can get annoying when you're unit missed a 93% accuracy and gets hit by a 19% accuracy the same battle.(curse you titania!!)

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Game ATM: Dragonball Z Budoaki Tenkaichi
    - For: PlayStation2
    - Thoughts on it: It is alot better than the previous Budokai games. The 360 degree fighting environment is great. It gives you alot more freedom to fight. Also the division of characters is alot better in this game. You don't level up in the fight (EX Goku to SSJ Goku) you recieve them as separate characters with different moves. More diversity...

Breakout

sugar free
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Uk.
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Game: The Warriors
    Platform: XBOX
    Thoughts: Well, the missions I actually finished in 2 to 3 days but when its over there is still a lot of fun to be had by either replaying levels to unlock new gang members and arenas or playing multiplayer in the minigames which are actually quite fun. overall I think its a really good game.

Back