• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So, what happened to YOUR dad?

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    I think that the first gym leader you met is your dad and I mean met not fight so they are:
    Brock, Falkner, Norman(of course), Roark, Cilan.
    It is always a male gym leader you first met.

Genesect

Team Plasma Failure
    Years
    I don't know why, but the only relatives that we have in the games is.. our Mom.. except in Gen III

Blue's grandfather is Professor Oak..

Silver's father is Giovanni (Quite sad when I read about it in the Manga)..

In the Gen II (If I recall) and Gen IV of G/S, our 'friend' or should I call Crystal, have parents, grandfather and grandmother..

In the anime, Barry's father is Frontier Brain Palmer

It seems that the playable character got quite left out in the 'family' part.

Either way, my theories are this;

1. died
    2. being a trainer on a journey
    3. somewhere in unknown-to-us regions
    4. imprisoned (there's prisons in the Poke world? ._.)
    5. left out by Gamefreak
    6. divorced

---

I think that the first gym leader you met is your dad and I mean met not fight so they are:
    Brock, Falkner, Norman(of course), Roark, Cilan.
    It is always a male gym leader you first met.

You're kinda missing it out on the Unova part. You forgot the other two Gym Leaders.. Chili and.. (forgot his name). If yur theory is true, then what could be worse than having 3 fathers? LMAO ! O.o

Last edited:

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    @Genesect
    Actually before you go in the gym in unova you first see Cilan in front of the gym.

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
    Years
    Obviously to have that Anime/Manga cliche where the main character is an orphan/has a single parent.

Good examples are Bleach, Fruits Basket and some others.

EDIT: BTW, in D/P/Pt your rival had a father so it's not just R/S/E and B/W

DOUBLE EDIT: @Infersaime: You see Cilan if you choose Oshawott (Telling from your wondeful sig). You see the gym leader you fight infront of the Restraunt/Gym

Last edited:

Smooky

You blinked, didn't you?
    Years
    The Pokemon world is full of deadbeats...

I always thought they were all on journeys of their own... and you, the protagonist, follow in your dad's footsteps... perhaps even surpass him. But that's all in my head.

It would be cool if you had an absent mom in the next gen, and your dad was the one sitting on his butt at home... lol.

Wow... now I realize, the moms of Pokemon must be some really lonely ladies... their husbands and children just abandon them to keep the empty house tidy, just in case they drop by unannounced. And she just sits there, at the kitchen table, watching the door to see if anyone will ever visit her... :C

Back