• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen So what's the deal with the Lavender Town music?

Kelp

<3
Years
  • The creepypasta freaked me out, even though it was a fake story.

Still, Lavender music is quite soothing though in my opinion. :3

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I've never heard of any mystery behind it, but I find the actual in-game music itself to be perfectly suited, considering it's location.
    I just listened to the Red and Green first version of it, and I didn't hear anything strange at all. ._.

matt steel

some randomer...
    Years
  • after listening to the original tune the only difference i can hear seems to be an extended version. all i know is its the best music from the games.

Years
  • I don't know about beta version (does it even exist?), but everything I could find on YouTube that doesn't contain creepy pictures sounds fine to me. I'm pretty sure some people experience headaches only because they made themselves do that, it's like placebo effect. I guess it's fake (like 99% of other creepypasta). My headphones aren't bad, I can hear stuff that people with worse headphones can't hear (especially enemies on the other side of the map in CS:GO), so I would know if there were something weird with sound.
    P.S. What's actually creepy is that it shows 2 pages in this thread, but I can see only one...

Attachments

• So what's the deal with the Lavender Town music?
      Clip2net_160220223542.png
      6.1 KB · Views: 2
    Last edited:
    Years
  • I heard lots of stories about the Lavender town music but am I the only one who is more freaked about the Old Chateau in Pokemon Pearl and diamond?.
    The Old Chateau comes across as a bit facile an attempt at 'scary music,' with a few clear tropes and so on, although you sort of like how at times they seemingly want to abandon the games and just start writing a Xenakis piece. It's a bit tame compared to earlier variations on such things such as Ecco the Dolphin and so on, and it's also a bit reminiscent of some of the music from M03, like the place itself, which means that it's not necessarily that novel thematically. In that sense it's a bit like a jump-scare in intent, but not really anything new enough to have such an effect.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • i prefer the version i hear in fire red
    from the original, definitely
    because the fire red version/more updated version or whatever is more cute

i cannot believe the whole suicide / depressed sh!t really
    i mean, how is that possible, IT IS POKEMON
    pokemon is suppose to bring happiness, not the opposite​

Back