• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So which is better... PMD or Pkmn Ranger?

Pokemon Ranger... or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon?

• Pokemon Ranger

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Votes: 73 63.5%
  • I don't care- they both suck.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I can't pick one... they are both so good!

Votes: 13 11.3%

• Total voters

Icetricity

★Blue★Miracle★Light ★
    Years
    Played both, but I like Pokemon mystery dungeon more...mainly because you get to play as a pokemon.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I played both, and wasn't too impressed with Ranger at all, with MD I at least made it more than half way through the game.

Sooo I prefer Mystery Dungeon, even though I still haven't felt like playing all the way through the first game.

Years
    Pokemon Ranger ended so fast, and I could barely get Charizard and I kept swearing at the game, and then I put in PMD and had some fun!

The Red Chain

Unfortunately Pokemon Ranger is only fun to me for a little while..
    The storyline is stale.. the main thing that kept me playing was the adrenaline rush during capture scenes.. nothing else.

Mystery Dungeon 2 kept me hooked with it's incredible storyline. <3
    I played constantly just to find out what would happen next.
    The dungeons got repetitive and annoying after a while.. but the storyline kept me playing and held my interest.

The answer is obvious.. PMD vote here. :3

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    PMD. I don't really like the Ranger games all that much, I loose interest in them.

Also, considering the main game you play as a human, I'd rather play as a Pokemon for a change.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    I accept with information:In Ranger, you just circle Pokemon a couple of times then release them. That's nothing compared to understanding what other Pokemon think and how they interact.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    O.O Shadows of almia isnt short!! Maybe the first one is but the second one isnt, took me forever to complete!
    Plus theres much more things to do after the game then pmd! You can battle rayquaza and go through the temple thingee after the game.
    I like Ranger much more!
    I dont like mystery dungeon that much because it gets too repeative in gameplay...
    Btw a heads up for before who aint buying ranger 2 because they didnt like 1, ranger 2 is worth buying belive me!!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    Both. I can't decide it.

The really exciting one is Pokemon Ranger, where you have to spin
    the Touch Screen several times.

For Mystery Dungeon, it gives you pretty intense
    heart beat especially when you're facing the Main Story Final Boss,
    like Dialga.

But to be serious, I still can't decide which one is better of the 2.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I never did play Ranger, but never really appealed to me. I thought it was cute that you were a Pokemon for once, and not a human. :3

Tox

fight me
    Years
    Mystery Dungeon. I think the plot is better and it's more addictive. Ranger is alright. The graphics are fairly good. It's annoying that you have to release everything you catch though. I give Mystery Dungeon 7/10 and Ranger 5.5/10. They still aren't anywhere near as good as the main games though.

Back