• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen So...why do you play?

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
    I play pokémon simply because it's fun. :D
    Plus, it's nice to see the same characters from my childhood going strong in their games, not everything's such a huge success. Plus plus, I'm addicted to vidya gamez. Pokémon is strategic, and portable. You can take as long as you like to finish, and no one will shout at you if you don't collect enough coins or something.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I'm not entirely sure, maybe its just the fact that there is just so much replay value. I recently started playing through the original games because I wanted to do some Monotype challenges and I discovered some Pokemon that I had previously ignored are actually very powerful.

I guess its just the thrill of building up a team and taking on the PokeWorld with it.

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
    I play it because it's a Pokemon game, duh. Weird, My sister also just started LG again even though she had all the "obtainable pokemon without the link cable". You know like if you don't have another GBA and a link cable but you still can play. My sister caught all of 'em.

But I really hate raising and training Pokemon.

Ayouki Emerald

Leavin'
    Years
    Well, honestly, because it's fun. I still play Leafgreen and Emerald because I'm hunting shinies and stuff as such.

But Diamond and Platinum are what make most of my time.

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
    Because i have a goal of obtaining a majority of the SR shinies from them just got started on the first one a Torchic!!!!!!!!!!

月Star

私の中心で照るこ? ??。
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Is it odd to say I enjoy to play because of the scenery? Locations, background music and mostly what the region has to offer. I'm not so thrilled and excited over leveling up, battling, and catching; but they can be fun and it certainly kills boredom.

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    I still play Ruby and Sapphire because I prefer the 2D graphics to the new-fangled 3D ones, which hurt my eyes XD;
    Plus the legendaries are actually worth catching :D

Back