• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Soda

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I tend to drink soda when I'm upset. I like the bubbles; they make me happy inside. Also, they help me get rid of stomach aches.

Sometimes I will get cravings for soda, but I try to avoid drinking them as much as possible. I know it's bad for you and it has way too much sugar.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I drink soda. Sometimes for the caffeine (I never acquired a taste for coffee) but more often because it's easier to wash down pills with soda as opposed to water or juice, at least for me.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    I don't drink soda, because it is very unhealthy- a can of Coke contains 400 grams of sugar and we're only supposed to have 32 grams of sugar per-day :<

FangJester

Years
    I'm actually trying to stop drinking soda altogether. Slowly but surely haha.

A couple of years ago I was practically addicted to Mountain Dew Voltage, it was pretty bad.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    I stopped drinking soda on a regular basis a long time ago. This was more out of saving money than health concerns, though. I am not a health freak and I realize a bottle a day probably won't do too much to hurt me since that is not my entire liquid consumption for the day.

I'm pretty sure the most popular reason for drinking soda is because it tastes good.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Before i start im going to say this.

Water isn't supposed to have a taste. For all of you saying you like the 'taste' of water, what your tasting is all the chemicals and other assorted goodies that are either added after purification or are only able to be purified down to 'safe' levels. That, and it might taste like copper or whatever your water pipes are made of.

That said, coke is popular because of two things. One is advertisement. Two is that sugar, like alchol and nicotine, is addictive.

Diet isn't much better though. For most cokes the sugar replacement is a antidepressant. That and its roumored to cause bone weakening in young children. Some of them use Aspartame which is made up of, essentially, poisons.

Also, Touko, I don't know what can of coke you are looking at but i think that the regular can of coke has something like 37 grams of sugar, not 400.

Last edited:

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I like water and milk the most.

I think people drink soda because they like the taste of it. They are also addicted to it.

.MiKeY

Tank Operator
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    Tbh I drink way too much soda, but where my body has gotten accustom to all the caffeine if I don't drink it, I sorta crash.

marcc5m

what
    Years
    I can't explain, really. I just LOVE how flavorful and peaceful it is to drink Coca-Cola. It gives me the boost to continue on a bad day. So what if the acid is strong? Stomach acid is hardcore.

This. Plus, once you start drinking it you get addicted. And, imo it's a lot healthier to be addicted to fizzy drinks than drugs or alcohol. So yeah, fizzy drinks are awesome.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    really soda is awful for you. It takes a lot of miles to burn a mountain dew or a coca cola off on the treadmill.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    People like it for either two reasons (In my opinion)
    -Because it taste good
    -And because its what "everyone" does.
    People try to fit in. Maybe thats the reason why kids drink things like Monster and Redbull when their with their friends. Or because of the taste. Im not sure which

Back