• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Soft resetting and breeding for shiny Pokemon.

How many attempts did it take you to catch a shiny by soft resetting?

• 1 to 30 attempts.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 31 to 50 attempts.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 51 to 100 attempts.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 100 to 200 attempts.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 200+

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Still trying.

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2008
    I made this new thread to talk about getting shiny Pokémon by soft resetting or breeding for Pokémon. There is already a lot of threads about catching Pokemon by using the Poké-Radar but there isn't any about getting shiny Pokémon that you can't chain.

I'm trying to get a shiny Drifloon and am on about 70 eggs at the moment. Wish me luck :15:

Last edited:

Darkrai☻

Starting a hack. Need help.
    Years
    There is no such thing as soft bredding.

Breeding for shiny pokemon is when the pokemon in the egg hatches and its a shiny.

Soft reseting is when you save the game right at the event or the pokeball or w.e and if you dont get a shiny you will reset until you get one.

Darkrai_Of_Solitude

He haunts your dreams.........
    Years
    I also need to know how tayokaki fit all of those pix into his signature my signature wont let me enter in more than 29 mb of space and my trainer card is 36 mb

Budgie

Life is music, play it louder!
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2008
    Good luck ^^,
    But :$ whats soft resetting *LOL*

lostprophetsown

chatot,lucario and lance lover
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    lol got mine on the 76th attempt shiny eevee now i have shiny espeon umbreon jolteon and flareon trying to get vaporeon leafeon and glaceon.....

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2008
    Breeding and resetting for shinnies explaned.

excuse me i meant soft resetting ( i guess i really did sound dumb! ) :(

Good luck ^^,
    But :$ whats soft resetting *LOL*

I have a question...how do you catch shinies with resetting? or whatever this thread is all about.

Welcome to the thread :P Soft resetting for shiny is the only way to get shiny Pokemon that you can`t chain, for example legends and starter Pokemon.

Soft Resetting

If you wanted to get a shiny Regigigas for example, it is not possible to chain it, so you would have to softreset for it. To soft reset following simple setps;-

1) Save the game before you encounter Regigigas.
    2) Enter the battle.
    3) If the Regigigas is not shiny, press and hold L, R, Select and Start 「It will take you back to the main menu of your Pearl or Diamond game」.
    4) Reload the game and enter the battle sequence with Regigigas again to see if it is a shiny.

When you chain for a shiny Pokemon you can get quite a good chance of catching a shiny. Your odds can go up to 2% but when soft resetting you have a 0.05% for encountering a shiny.

Breeding for a shiny

The other way of getting a shiny that your can`t chain, like a shiny Cyndaquil would be the following;-

1) Put a female Cyndaquil in the day care centre with another Pokemon in the Field egg group.
    2) Start hatching eggs.

In a nutshell, soft resetting takes about 10 seconds for each encounter when hatching eggs might take a few minutes. So you will have more encounters via the soft resetting method. This does not mean you will have a better chance at getting a shiny though. Your chance will still be 0.05%.

It`s similar to buying a lotto ticket. The more tickets would give you a better chance of winning, but it does not mean you will win.

Anyway, if you are thinking of tryng to get a shiny in the above methods, good luck and don`t give up :rambo:

lol got mine on the 76th attempt shiny eevee now i have shiny espeon umbreon jolteon and flareon trying to get vaporeon leafeon and glaceon.....

wow, well done. At just 76th that is pretty good.

Last edited:

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    I've been resetting for Heatran and Rotom, but haven't had any luck with either of them. =P I think I'm at about 40 for Heatran, maybe 50 for Rotom... it's hard to tell since usually I'm half asleep when I start resetting for him. xD I still have a long way to go...

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2008
    I've been resetting for Heatran and Rotom, but haven't had any luck with either of them. =P I think I'm at about 40 for Heatran, maybe 50 for Rotom... it's hard to tell since usually I'm half asleep when I start resetting for him. xD I still have a long way to go...

Good luck! I fall asleep all the time when hatching for a shiny :laugh:

Err... I only breed for good Natures and IVs. I'm really not into Shiny Collecting at all.

I EV train my Pokemon too, but if I prefer the shiny version I would get that one.

Sajiri

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    I've been trying to get a shiny rayquaza, not on DP obviously but in emerald its been over 500 attempts and I still dont have it. I will get it one day!

Back