• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Soft Resetting Wormhole Shinys

Haggerella

Captain Butts
Years
  • So something I encountered today;

Not sure if this has been discussed yet? But anyway!

I was doing a usual round of legendary/shiny hunting, and I ended up at the cave and saved as usual and encountered a shiny female Hippowdon. Accidentally killed it and soft reset and again, another female. So I looked up the gender ratio out of curiosity, Hippowdon (according to Bulbapedia& Serebii) have a 50% chance of being either Male/Female. Discovering that Male HIppowdon looked better than female, I soft reset a few more times looking for a male. In 15 soft resets I had encountered 12 females and 3 males. That doesn't really seem like 50% haha.

My point being, does anyone know what (if any other) factors are placed the second you enter out of a wormhole? I know Shiny status is set, but it seems like gender might be preferenced (boosted?) also?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • While shininess is set, other factors like IVs, nature and gender aren't, so you can reset for those. It's a really popular technique done by wormhole shiny hunters so they can walk out of the wormholes with competition-grade shinies, ready for EV training and bottle capping.

Back