• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] SOLMANE - My first Fakemon Sprite (GSC)

Years
My first attempt at a fakemon, I would just like to add that I don't have much experience with art in general. I mostly tend to edit or splice stuff.

I only really had half an idea when I started, mix kon from bleach with a flower, so kind of a dandelion + lion puppet :P Turns out i didn't remember how kon looked like (should have used a reference picture).

Its basically a flower that imitates something dangerous (in this case a lion) as a defense mechanism. It can absorb sunlight/heat to a degree that it resists fire and burns. It wont have many fire moves, more like solar ones. The flower pedals are supposed to look like teddy bear lions ears. All this info is just just something I made up just now so is subject to change.

SOLMANE.png

I'm pretty happy with it considering my level of skill.

Still, I have absolutely no idea how to do shading and struggle with perspectives. I only spent like 1-2 hours on it because I'm apparently pretty impatient with stuff like this.

If anyone happen to want to fix it up or make it better then feel free, I'm considering using it in my fangame xD

EDIT: This isnt technically my first fakemon, what i ment was that this is the first fakemon i drew by myself without looking at or using parts of other pokemon or fakemon.

Last edited:
Years
Yoooo what? This is amazing! Especially with it being your first actual fakemon, that's tight! I love how you did the ears to look like bear/lion ears. That's so clever :D

My only advice on this one would be to maybe shape the lower half a little more? It looks kind of flat right now, and very straight. If it's a flower, maybe the lower part could bend a bit? Take a look at some of Sunflora or Bellsprout's gen 2 sprites, and see how they did those. But overall? Very solid!

Years
Yoooo what? This is amazing! Especially with it being your first actual fakemon, that's tight! I love how you did the ears to look like bear/lion ears. That's so clever :D

My only advice on this one would be to maybe shape the lower half a little more? It looks kind of flat right now, and very straight. If it's a flower, maybe the lower part could bend a bit? Take a look at some of Sunflora or Bellsprout's gen 2 sprites, and see how they did those. But overall? Very solid!

I agree with you, Im just not sure what im doing ^^

Tried to make it more dynamic but unsure about the hand, will prolly come back to it once i have more experience. Shading with only 4 colors is also tricky, i seem to overdo it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dandelion.png
    Dandelion.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 36
Back