• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Solo mode or...?

Poki

Banned
Years
  • Do you prefer playing solo, or with friends? Why?

I prefer playing solo on my NES, because I'm used to being fast, and whenever I'm playing with my dad (for example), I always have to slow down and it's just not cup of tea. As for games like Dota 2, Warcraft III and such, I prefer playing with friends whenever possible, but that's a rare occurrence, so I end up playing alone. {XD}

What about you?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Depends with the game, but I mostly like playing with friends because playing with multiple people is always fun than being alone :)

But some games are easier to play alone, like Super Mario Bros. Wii :P

Years
  • I mostly enjoy playing on my own if it's a game that I have a lot of experience with, just so I don't get slowed down. I do love a bunch of multiplayer games though, and I think it's a lot of fun to play with others.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I prefer Solo for most games so I can rush through them fast and move onto the next one. I really hate hanging around. Only one I think I completed as a duo was Gears of war 3 with my flatmate but we did that in a week.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I prefer multiplayer. Playing solo could be fun, but the fun would immediately be gone when you're done with the campaign. Multiplayer, though, that's totally different--as long as you have someone to play with, the fun would never end.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • It depends on the game really. I like to play solo at first and then Multi/Co-Op later. Prime examples are games like Borderlands/BL2.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I think it depends on the game.

For something like Terraria or SSBB, you really can't enjoy playing alone.

But then there are other games, like... Uh... Actually, I think I'm just more of a multiplayer person. xD

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
  • I enjoy playing games with friends for the most part, unless the game requires for the solo mode to unlock certain things of course. Like what everyone has said though, depends on the game :)

TY

For games like Terraria and Borderlands id love to team up with friends.

If i play StarCraft 2 seriously i most likely wanna play alone, but if i wanna goof around (89% of the time) i always love playing with friends on that game aswell

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • depends on the game really.. If it is an Sonic game like Sonic 2 on the genisis I prefer solo that with friends. If an puzzle game then with friends.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Well, if the game offers multiplayer, then I would definitely rather play with friends. It's just much more fun that way.

However most of the time I buy single-player only games anyway so them times are rare :'(

Years
  • I like solo'ing a lot of games. Simple as that.
    However, If I buy a multiplayer game, I usually try to make sure that there's at least co-op. (Notable exceptions are Call of Duty and Counter-Strike)

...Then again, there are games where it really is more enjoyable with friends. I own a few of these, including Payday, Terraria, and Borderlands.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • I've always enjoyed team games, co-op, four player games like Super Smash Brother Brawl and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and big team games like Halo and Call of Duty. It's much more fun to collaborate as a team.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • For me it depends on the game. Games like Minecraft are definitely better when playing with friends, whereas I find games like Beyond Two Souls better when playing just by oneself.

Years
  • Like the others say, it really depends. If it's a Massively Multiplayer game, then I definitely prefer playing with friends. I am a very competitive gamer and it's always good for me to have friends playing along with me. Plus, when I play with friends it's always a good laugh, people around me even tell me that I laugh a lot when gaming.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Unless I play with friends that absolutely suck, then I enjoy playing with friends. The more them merrier!

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
    Years
  • I've grown up in a family that is mostly secluded from my mostly-E-rated video games, coming with the unfortunate side-effect that I do not play multiplayer games very often. I always solo a game, even in games mostly focused on multiplayer. So yeah.

Years
  • Solo for me, I feel cool while playing solo with hard mode if there actually is.
    Depending on the games, that is.

Back