• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Some Enchanted Sweetening!" Episode Discussion

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Here's where you can discuss today's newest episode involving Burmy, "Some Enchanted Sweetening!".

I'll talk later.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    it was pretty good,but a bit boring.
    I liked how Chansey belonged to someone else than Nurse Joy.
    Cheryl,kinda was too nice though.

Daisuke33

The Ultimate Unreal Hero
    Years
    This episode was "Sweet" or should I say enchantingly sweet? lol. Doesn't this episode remind anyone about The Problem with Paras episode in season 1? It was alittle similar. Very nice reference to Cheryl and the Eterna Forest and Burmy was funny when it was putting its leafs back on. And Meowth actually won a battle against someone weaker then him heh.

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Why did they show a rerun... I thought it was going to be a new episode, but instead they just showed "The Problem With Paras" episo-

0_0!!

Ooooh, nevermind. The anime staff was just being unoriginal again. That's all. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...Yes, there were some similarities between the episodes, but...there are still key differences. For one thing, Team Rocket was considerably more "discrete" in the original. Granted, not a big point, but still...the really big point here is that "The Problem with Paras" was also used to reveal a very important plot point: Ash's lack of control over Charmeleon/Charizard. All this one gave us was a tie-in into the next episode...Anyway, I could keep going with the compare-contrast list, but I won't for the sake of time & space (heh).

Now, as for this episode, the beginning is a bit sudden, as there's a lack of explanation as to why Aipom was out and allowed to run off. Of course, the reason is given quick (and any D/P player worth his/her ability should instantly realize what Pokemon is going to show up eventually), and a quick introduction to the new member of the group. I had to chuckle that Croagunk came out to knock Brock out, but he was beaten to it. Heh.

I also can't wait for Dogasu's comparison on this episode, as I expect there to be quite a few errors...

Bla, bla, Team Rocket, bla, bla, Haze. What in the world happened to Ash instantly sending out his Flying-type to blow the smoke away like happened in Kanto? TR's attempts were pretty funny this time, though. "YAY! Meowth won!! ......Wait...NOOOO!!!" I enjoyed it...

Yeah, Burmy evolves, and now we're going to the next episode with a semi-cliffhanger.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I was just about to say if anyone thought this was the same as The Problem with Paras? Seriously, everyone goes on about how great D/P is but that's the second in a row where they've made a RECYCLED episode. Urgh. Perhaps this has something to do with global warming.

Anyway, I think I liked this version of a certain Kanto episode better. I'm not sure why. I like both because they include Meowth more than usual *favourite character*

Anyway, I don't watch the Japanese version so I can't completly tell what's in the original or not (although most is obvious) but I thought there were some interesting BGMs that I haven't heard before. Or just interesting BGM-wise.

- Haven't heard the BGM at the start in AGES.
    - New BGM when Aipom is running at the start. Haven't heard it before at least. Was it original or dub?
    - What was the cool BGM when Team Rocket were first battling Burmy? It went on for 01:42. So I'm guessing its not dub because this ep is 4Kids turn at BGM

Oh yeah. The voices this episode were TERRIBLE. I thought...the lady was weirdly high pitched at times and Burmy...just LOL. It sounded EXACTLY like Ash. So much that it was distracting.

I complain a lot, but that's just because I enjoy it. I actually liked this episode.

Edit: Apparently there was a boss fantasy in the Japanese version. It was cut in the dub

Why? What happened? Oh wait, I just found out.

In the orginal, Giovanni gets smothered in honey and they say he can attract the Pokemon. Here's a SCARY (not joking) picture of him (from Dogasu's site)

I wanna know why they cut it. There's been weird stuff before. It sounds like a pretty disturbing scene, but now I know they cut it I'm so annoyed.

Another pic uploaded by someone else. Sorry dial-up people, but I can't *not* show people this

So...PUSA have started to get into the habit of cutting what *they* want us to see. OK, not habit but...that's the second unnecessary cut.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Edit: Apparently there was a boss fantasy in the Japanese version. It was cut in the dub

Why? What happened? Oh wait, I just found out.

In the orginal, Giovanni gets smothered in honey and they say he can attract the Pokemon. Here's a SCARY (not joking) picture of him (from Dogasu's site)

I wanna know why they cut it. There's been weird stuff before. It sounds like a pretty disturbing scene, but now I know they cut it I'm so annoyed.

Another pic uploaded by someone else. Sorry dial-up people, but I can't *not* show people this

So...PUSA have started to get into the habit of cutting what *they* want us to see. OK, not habit but...that's the second unnecessary cut.

Uh...I think I can understand perfectly why they would cut it. When I saw the first picture I figured that it wasn't so bad, but looking at that second one......that looks just plain wrong.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Yeah. Well I thought it was hilariously disturbing. I mean, if something's suitible for Japan, why not the rest of the world? Yeah, I get the James thing...but...oh well.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Uh...I think I can understand perfectly why they would cut it. When I saw the first picture I figured that it wasn't so bad, but looking at that second one......that looks just plain wrong.

Yeah, I agree

Well, this episode was interesting seeing Wormadam :3

Well the end leads to to the next episode which is *checks* A Combee/Vespiquen related episode. ^.^

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
    Was it so bad that PUSA cut out a grown man, chissled and bronzed being licked and grouped by furry and sticky little creatures? Christ Dogasu...

Anyway, the episode as a whole was something I really liked. Even though it was Problem with Paras, sans the secretive Team Rocket and the cheap hooker looking female evos, it seemed to be lacking any oomph. Maybe the upcoming episodes can make up for it. And we do need more BGMs instead of stock $Kids music. I was looking for Challenger.

Years
    Well, there goes my big surprise. Hehe.

https://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/comparisons/diamond_pearl/ep030.html

Nyasu, you need to stop thinking your boss like that. Shifty eyes.

Anyway, Dogasu made an observation: Finally, we get the start of a three-episode arc that, while not as interesting as some of the other arcs in the series, is at least a welcome distraction from the fact that Satoshi's gathering his badges at a slower rate than he did in Jouto.

That's pretty pitiful. Anyway, glad Momi/Cheryl got converted into the series. Awesome-o.

My own observation would be if 4Kids would have cut the Boss Fantasy. I mean, considering how they occasionally add gayness to the scenes (latter treatment of James), I dunno...

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Yeppie. Like half way though the episode I come up with the conclusion that this episode reminded me of The Problem with Paras . This is kinda strange since this is another 'copy and paste' episode and this one is just kinda right after another one. Su? Still I guess everybody has figure that out already. Teeheehee All I have to say is that paras is much cuter then burmy. Teeheehee

I too was kind confuse with why Aipom was out but after I saw the next scene I guess and countinue to watch the episode. Kinda coolies that honey is being used in the anime after it kinda just disappear after Johto.

Crokgunk. Teeheehee Kinda got beaten to the punch in this episode. I found it so cute that Cheryl kept turning Brock down just because of things her grandfather said. Teeheehee. Poor Brock. Teeheehee I just like how Crokgunk just comes out waiting to attack. Teeheehee

Oh my. I knew something was missing from this episode when I first saw it. I mean like that one time when Meowth was talking about why they want to give the honey to the Boss I was kinda expecting like a fantasy but oh my. I kinda like how it was dubbed because well. After seeing what I saw just in this thread. I am kinda truely distrubed. OO! That is just too much information. Thankies lots PUSA!!!

Wobby finally won a battle!!! Teeheehee

I can't wait to the next two episodes. They look really good. Expectuall episode 500!!! Here we come!!!

Years
    All I have to say is that paras is much cuter then burmy. Teeheehee

Wobby finally won a battle!!! Teeheehee

I can't wait to the next two episodes. They look really good. Expectuall episode 500!!! Here we come!!!

If I was a Paras, and saw this episode, I'd so sue someone. Hehe.

Figures. Finally an episode with the Rocket pokemon winning, and I miss it. Snap. Headdesk.

Oh, yeah, the 500th. Wow. Should we have a party or something?

Hydross

wrOOOm
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2010
    Eterna forest, finally! And next ep is their first meeting with Gardenia. Can't ****ing wait for the gardenia gym battle, i've seen it in japanese and it was even better than the roark one.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Hmm the more I think about it, the more I kinda agree with the cut. I sway from sides and my own opinions so easily...lol. I don't know.

Anyway, Dogasu made an observation: Finally, we get the start of a three-episode arc that, while not as interesting as some of the other arcs in the series, is at least a welcome distraction from the fact that Satoshi's gathering his badges at a slower rate than he did in Jouto.

That's pretty pitiful. Anyway, glad Momi/Cheryl got converted into the series. Awesome-o.

Hmm well its going slower than Johto, but more has been accomplished I think. Definatly more introductions, contests, catches and evolutions. In Johto by now there were about 3 captures and 3 gyms. By now there were probably only But if they don't stop with the fillers Sinnoh could be longer than Johto. And I'm not sure how long a wait that would be as I got bored half way through Johto...

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    That is true. Sinnoh seem to be taking a long time to get though. At least some of these episodes are kinda intresting and not all 'copy and paste'. Also I am looking forward to some of the up coming episodes to come like the E4 apperance. Also these fillers are becoming more of building up to events and less random then Jotho was. At least this episode and arc is leading to something intresting that doesn't involve a legendary pokemon and kinda intresting.

Years
    ...Why do I feel that my point was ignored?? :(

It wasn't ignored, per se, but with the recycling, people tend to go with the recycled A-plot. The Charmeleon lack of control in "Paras" was the primary B-plot/recurring serial plot. Since we don't have that in this version as all the Pokes obey, here, would raising the issue of the prior plot supplement do any good?

Then again, if they did re-use that, it would damage this episode. Just proves how dependant they are on re-treading. Sighs.

Oh, whatever. Heh.

Back