• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Some Fakemon -> Critiques are so welcome

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2013
    Alright, so hi guys.

I have never been really good with sprites... especially the colors, God, I hate my coloring.

Last time I sprited, I have to say it, I sucked really bad (like 2 years ago)
    (The first image in the attachments)

I just started spriting again today; however, I feel so useless.
    I thought I would improve but I'm still missing something :/
    I made the second row today...
    Suggestions/critiques are so welcome! I need help with them... Especially on the chatot evolution.
    BTW, please, just constructive critiques... I want to improve, so I'd like to know WHAT I need to improve :D

PD: Sorry for the attachment, but I still can't post links from other sites, lol.
    PD2: Hope I'm posting this on the right forum >:o! if not, I'm sorry!

Spycicle

Gentlemen.
    Years
  • The wing on our left on the Chatot evo looks a bit off, slightly smaller than it should be. Also, a few sprites have fully coloured outlines :/
    Still good though, so keep practising! :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2013
    The wing on our left on the Chatot evo looks a bit off, slightly smaller than it should be. Also, a few sprites have fully coloured outlines :/
    Still good though, so keep practising! :D

Ok, I'll try to fix the wing when I have some time this afternoon~
    And if you can, could you tell me which sprites?
    I though I was adding to much black :0

Thanks for the help :D

Years
  • I really like these, but the way you executed the colored outlines is really hard on my eyes, especially on the first two. I noticed what you usually do for outlines is pick a color very far to the right of the color picker from your base color; as a result the color comes out very "blinding" and tough to look at. I'd recommend going a bit to the left on the color picker instead of right, so there'll be a slight mix of black/gray in your image which'll make the colors less straining. :3

I have a tough time seeing the outline in your other sprites so I definitely say work on what colors you choose for your sprite outlines!

PokeHumanManectric

Leader of the PMD Team
    Years
  • The one on the first set on the far right look like Maractus :3

But the sprites are really good, as well as the ideas, and far better than mine. :P

Keep up the good work, and you should name them too!

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    I really liked all of these, you go into some good detail for some and it shows, good stuff

Back