• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Some help with scripting

_Evan

Learning to ROM Hack
Years
  • I am having some trouble with scripting, and I need a little help. First off, I'm trying to add all the mystery events for FR/LG, but the Vermillion City guy isn't detecting the Aurora Ticket. I'm not sure if it is a flag that I am having problems with, or something else. I also need some help making a script for a legendary encounter. I've been reading all sorts of scripting tutorials this week but have yet to find one on how to make a legendary encounter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BCTElite

Be still, my heart 'cause it's freakin' out
    Years
  • I am having some trouble with scripting, and I need a little help. First off, I'm trying to add all the mystery events for FR/LG, but the Vermillion City guy isn't detecting the Aurora Ticket. I'm not sure if it is a flag that I am having problems with, or something else. I also need some help making a script for a legendary encounter. I've been reading all sorts of scripting tutorials this week but have yet to find one on how to make a legendary encounter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you doing a simple check Item script for the Aurora Ticket, or is the mystery gift option hacked in?

_Evan

Learning to ROM Hack
    Years
  • Are you doing a simple check Item script for the Aurora Ticket, or is the mystery gift option hacked in?
    The only thing I have actually done is added a new NPC that gives you the item, and sets a flag so the item cannot be obtained twice. I figured the Vermillion Sailor had a check item script, but now I'm assuming it's a flag that is set when you obtain the ticket through the mystery event.

BCTElite

Years
  • The only thing I have actually done is added a new NPC that gives you the item, and sets a flag so the item cannot be obtained twice. I figured the Vermillion Sailor had a check item script, but now I'm assuming it's a flag that is set when you obtain the ticket through the mystery event.

If you set the flag when you obtain the item, simply add a checkflag to the Sailor and maybe a warp to the island, it won't be the same but it'll be the event basically. I think there is a way to put in the ferry animation through the use of Specials but I'm not entirely sure.

_Evan

Learning to ROM Hack
    Years
  • If you set the flag when you obtain the item, simply add a checkflag to the Sailor and maybe a warp to the island, it won't be the same but it'll be the event basically. I think there is a way to put in the ferry animation through the use of Specials but I'm not entirely sure.
    I took a look at the sailors script, and there is a flag checked for the Aurora Ticket. I edited the script for the NPC who gives you the ticket and added the flag, but it didn't work.

BCTElite

Years
  • I took a look at the sailors script, and there is a flag checked for the Aurora Ticket. I edited the script for the NPC who gives you the ticket and added the flag, but it didn't work.

Hmm, no idea. I just tried it on my own and the same thing happened. Maybe it's worth trying to set a warp to the island or seeing about the special flag that starts up the ferry animation and putting all that into a new script?

_Evan

Learning to ROM Hack
    Years
  • Hmm, no idea. I just tried it on my own and the same thing happened. Maybe it's worth trying to set a warp to the island or seeing about the special flag that starts up the ferry animation and putting all that into a new script?
    I guess I'll have to look into that. Could I just copy the pre existing script for that sailor then just add some on and compile it?

BCTElite

Years
  • I guess I'll have to look into that. Could I just copy the pre existing script for that sailor then just add some on and compile it?

Probably, as long as you add the ring things in the right places I suppose that would work.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I guess I'll have to look into that. Could I just copy the pre existing script for that sailor then just add some on and compile it?
    I'm not 100% sure, but IIRC, the sailor checks if another flag is set before checking if you have the Aurora Ticket, or any ticket for that matter. Examine the script a bit more, see what's before checking the item, and maybe check what calls the part which looks for the item.

Edit: There ya go:
    DavidJCobb said:
    If Flags 0x84A and 0x84B are cleared, the Vermilion City dockworker won't even bother checking for the MysticTicket and AuroraTicket, respectively. You won't be able to use them. I don't know what sets or clears these flags.

_Evan

Learning to ROM Hack
    Years
  • I'm not 100% sure, but IIRC, the sailor checks if another flag is set before checking if you have the Aurora Ticket, or any ticket for that matter. Examine the script a bit more, see what's before checking the item, and maybe check what calls the part which looks for the item.

Edit: There ya go:

That fixed it, thanks for your help.

Back