• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Some questions :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2013
    Hey :D
    I'm new here and would like to start making pokemon games with the RPG Maker XP ;D
    I already worked with the RMVX for a long time, so I know the basics :3

My first question would be, which Starter Kit/Essential (dont know the difference ^^") you would recommended :O.. I noticed that there are quite a lot different once, but I dont know which one is the best :3

My next question is, which graphics and tiles you use in your games :D!
    Do you make them by yourselves or can you download them somewhere :o
    I already searched in the Resource-Section, but I didnt found much chars and tiles ^^"

Hope you could my help me a bit *-*

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • Essentials is just a name of a starter kit, first of all. :P
    There's actually only two helpful ones right now: Starterkit XP, and Essentials. Although the Starterkit XP thread is locked, I'm sure you could probably find some useful information in there.

For graphics and things like that, you can go ahead and look in the Resource Center. I know you said you didn't find much, so I'll link you to a few threads that could probably get you started.
    An HGSS Tileset compiled by Neo-Spriteman, and the old Resource thread.

I look forward to seeing your game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2013
    Thanks for the fast replay :D!
    I was searching on the Internet for some tilesets, but the only ones I found have a size of 16x16 for one tile :o... As far as I know the size for the RMXP is 32x32 ;D... Is there any possibility to make them bigger but without making it look blurred :o?

When I take a look at the screenshot-thread, all of you are using those Diamand/Perl or HG/SS Tiles, but I could only find those small versions .__.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Easy
    You have paint yes?
    I only know this way, but im sure it works in other programs
    just resize it by 200% If you want to shrink it down again, do so by 50%

Sorry if this aint clear :o
    also im working on B/W style tileset sorta. there are also differnt non-pokemon styles, but can stile work such as Breeze or so on

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • Thanks for the fast replay :D!
    I was searching on the Internet for some tilesets, but the only ones I found have a size of 16x16 for one tile :o... As far as I know the size for the RMXP is 32x32 ;D... Is there any possibility to make them bigger but without making it look blurred :o?

When I take a look at the screenshot-thread, all of you are using those Diamand/Perl or HG/SS Tiles, but I could only find those small versions .__.

Used Photoshop or XnView and resize it to 200% using the Nearest Neighbor filter.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2013
    I tried it out with Paint, but when I changed the size, the tile now has such "transparent outlines" :o

(Would like to add a picture, but I'm not able to post any URLs, until I havent reached 15 posts .__.)
    - h t t p://img842.imageshack.us/i/randw.png/

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2013
    It works now :D
    I just had to try it with another program ^^"
    By using the "nearest neighbour"-filter, like IceGod64 said ;D

But I just have founf outdoor tiles so far =O
    Do you know where to get some d/p or hg/ss indoor tiles :3?

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2013
    Thanks a lot *__*!
    Some ideas what I could search for on deviantart :D?
    I'm not that much informed about good tile-spriters ^^"

I also noticed, that there is just one animation in the starter kit :o
    Is there any possibility to download the others ;D?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • 1) uhhhhh. Pokemon indoor tiles? I have no idea xD
    theres a bunch, probally gonna spell some names wrong

2) If I knew what you meant I would help, I have not really used essentials or rmxp yet xD

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2013
    Do you know any links :D?
    Otherwise it would take hours to make all of those animations I think .____.
    First of all, because I dont have any graphics to make them ^^"

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
  • Do you know any links :D?
    Otherwise it would take hours to make all of those animations I think .____.
    First of all, because I dont have any graphics to make them ^^"

What animatons? Tell me. :/

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2013
    For the moves of the pokemon :D
    At the starter-kit I can just find animations for Tackle, Growl, Thunder Shock, Leech-Seed, leer, Sand Attack and Scratch ^^

Back