• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Someone called my on my pokegear and told me something useful.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    Jack - "Did you know if you use Defense Curl, Rollout's power goes way up?"

Wow! Someone called me and told me something useful that I actually didn't know!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Actually I also got told something useful once: If you walk through the grass slowly you get less pokémon then when you run though it,.

Years
    So there are actually some helpful trainers out there after all. I thought that all trainers just call you to bug the hell outta you. I wonder if there are any other combos like this...

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Think of it this way: Rollout requires your Pokemon to curl up. Defense Curl does that for you. I think that's what the programmers were thinking. In any case, I didn't know this, if I did I would've kept Graveler.

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    Think of it this way: Rollout requires your Pokemon to curl up. Defense Curl does that for you. I think that's what the programmers were thinking. In any case, I didn't know this, if I did I would've kept Graveler.
    That's actually not a bad idea as to the origin of that combo

So there are actually some helpful trainers out there after all. I thought that all trainers just call you to bug the hell outta you. I wonder if there are any other combos like this...

There's a few, but they are more commonly known. Sunny Day+Solar Beam and Rain Dance+Thunder for example.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    yeah, i was told twister will still hit a flying pokemon, :O
    is that true?

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Oh wow, I never actually new about that defence curl/rollout combo.
    Good to know! also very good to know that you may get some usual facts from the phone!!!!!!!

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
    I was told once that "Ian" KO'ed a Magikarp...and it was a hard fight. Even though the guy has a freaking electric type. Now I know that if I rematch him he should be easy xp. Guess that's useful.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Yes, in fact if it hits the pokemon when they are up in the air the power is doubled!
    That's one of the useful calls in the game, unlike Lyra the Liar who tells you her marril has evolved when it hasn't.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2010
    Joey says that his rattata is the best of all. I guess that's useful too, since it warns us about having a total killer!

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Joey says that his rattata is the best of all. I guess that's useful too, since it warns us about having a total killer!

LOL.
    I just got a phone call (forgot who from one of the sailors or fishers I believe) that he KO'd a Magikarp, I mean surely this is impossible?

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
    I find it funny that the first thing that came to your mind when you got this phonecall was:
    "HOLY CRAP! I must tell the PokeCommunity!!"

but, yeah I got that phonecall, and fair enough at the time I didnt know either O.o

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    there are actually some pretty cool combos out there, including:

Swagger/Flatter + Psyche Up
    Swagger + Screech
    Mimic + Imprison
    Safeguard + Thrash/Outrage/Petal Dance

those can be really helpful :)

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    If someone is using Fly they can get pegged with Sky Uppercut, Gust, Twister, and possibly thunder <----not sure about that one.

If someone uses Dig, they can get hit by an Earthquake whose base power is now 200.

As for the defense curl + rollout thing, I already knew about it from bulbapedia. I had that combo on my Donphan in Diamond.

Back