• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Someone messed with my sig!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
    And I'm not happy about it! Admins and mods are given their powers to do good for the forum. I come back from playing a game and see that a few lines of BBCode have been copied and pasted somewhere else in my Signature which mucked it completely up.

You should keep your moderators and admins under more control.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    I'm sure you're referring to your current sig.
    It was put that way because it broke the sig limits. Fix it up and you can remove the [sig-reason] tags

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    apparently one of the sig police's attempted to sig-disable you and it didn't take or they messed up..

I'd take another look at your siggy and edit it so it conforms to the rules, just to be sure (and to avoid an unwanted infraction)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Yea, don't blame the staff just because you didn't follow the signature limits. >:[

~Red

Years
    No you idiots! Before the signature ban thing was on, some of the content of my signature was changed. The signature limit thing is nothing to do with it. I'm not a nub, I know what I'm talking about!!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Hey, hey, hey, don't call hem idiots for misunderstanding you. It's not nice. Especially when Steve DID get it - apparently, one of the sig police stuffed your sig up while trying to put the tag in.

~Red

Years
    Well why didn't you say that in the first place? The only reason I called them idiots is because they were treating me the same! I've read the FAQ and Rules, I didn't know just for having a sig a few pixels out is such a bother. And the fact that you can't even add a tag in so you just move a few lines of code around and mess it all up? That is really unprofessional. And so what? Give me bad rep! I don't care!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    The problem is, there is no need for us to edit anything in the sig to add the disable code. We only have to click a "disable" button and it gets automatically tagged. So it's really weird o_O

What was moved? Do you remember it?

Also, no need to call anybody an idiot. Calm down, please.

Zet

Years
    Quit your crying, this isn't real life. Anyone who takes the internet too seriously needs to take a break, and if you knew your sig was over the limit then why did you keep it?

~Red

Years
    The problem is, there is no need for us to edit anything in the sig to add the disable code. We only have to click a "disable" button and it gets automatically tagged. So it's really weird o_O

What was moved? Do you remember it?

Also, no need to call anybody an idiot. Calm down, please.

Basically the part under the Graphic that says the things I support, the code for the Pokemon Grey Url along with half of the url for the other Pokemon grey was put into the spoiler tags. I did NOT do this and there were no logins between when I left and returned.

Quit your crying, this isn't real life.
    I'm not crying. I'm concerned. And it's people like you who make the internet HELL.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
    Ashandmisty said:
    I'm not crying. I'm concerned. And it's people like you who make the internet HELL.
    Ok...I agree they're are some jerks out there...but your being a bit pushy...Try to think about what your saying before ya go calling people idiots...

Tribulations said:
    The Internet is srs bsnss.
    what???

Last edited:

레트로

Banned
    Years
    "Yes, the internet is serious business.
    I'm going to sue the pokecommunity, they touched my signature.
    RAWR!
    "

HM, seems you're forgetting that it's a privilege, not a right, to be allowed on this site.
    So essentially, they can do whatever they want to your signature. But I assume that whatever happened was accidental.

Elekid Kid

Banned
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    The way your going towards the mods and ops mate, you'll get an infraction for being rude. People are more likely to help you if your nice to them.

*No minimodding intended.*

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Ok, not to sound rude or anything, but here's how it is:

1, there was a glitch of some kind that messed up your sig. Possibly realted to it being over the limits, possibly not.
    2, your sig is now back to the way it was.
    3, Therefore, there is no problem.
    4, So stop shouting >:(

Nadeen

Queen Lickilicky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    I hate to jump on the band wagon, but, I'm afraid that I'm not quite understanding why it was such a problem? I apologise if you take it as an offence, but all I'm hearing is that part of your signiture was taken out...? I mean, I don't really.. well, I, personnally, wouldn't really be all that upset about it. People make mistakes, and the mods here are, well, people too. Well, some are pokemon but that's not the point. If you thought it was so "unprofessional" than maybe you should have contacted a mod or admin asking why or how it happened? Maybe there was just a glitch, so you know, I think you may need to calm down abit. It's alright, I'm not angry at you. I think you've already had enough angry as it is... Not that the others are wrong, or even you are, just, you know...

~Red

Years
    Ok...I agree they're are some jerks out there...but your being a bit pushy...Try to think about what your saying before ya go calling people idiots...
    They treated me like one first.

"Yes, the internet is serious business.
    I'm going to sue the pokecommunity, they touched my signature.
    RAWR!
    "

HM, seems you're forgetting that it's a privilege, not a right, to be allowed on this site.
    So essentially, they can do whatever they want to your signature. But I assume that whatever happened was accidental.
    I never said internet was serious. I never said I was sueing PokeCommunity. You need to get your facts right.

The way your going towards the mods and ops mate, you'll get an infraction for being rude. People are more likely to help you if your nice to them.

*No minimodding intended.*
    Give me an infraction. I don't care.

Ok, not to sound rude or anything, but here's how it is:

1, there was a glitch of some kind that messed up your sig. Possibly realted to it being over the limits, possibly not.
    2, your sig is now back to the way it was.
    3, Therefore, there is no problem.
    4, So stop shouting >:(
    1. Went (nice guy, you should talk to him sometime :D ) already said there is no need to edit it to add the signature limits tag. Learn to read first.
    2. That's not the point. Whoever messed with my sig could strike again (it's a possibility).
    3. Uhh, yes there is. This problem is not solved.
    4. People seem to believe typing is actually physical speech. You can't shout through typing.

Disabled Rep system because people are using it as a weapon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Whoa, buddy. I'm not trying to take sides here, but calm down for a sec, ok? Whatever happened wasn't ok, but your sig is fixed now. If it happens again, then Administrators will take care of it. They probably tried to add the "Sig is too big" thing (which they are allowed to do) and accidently messed up your sig.
    You're way overreaccting.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Honestly, just stop and think about this for a second. Why would a staff member chose you, out of all the members on PC, and do something as minor as moving some code around? Not only that, the only change that was recorded in the system was the sig being disabled, and you claim that this happened before that. For it to be edited and not show up in the system, somebody would have had to search your user number in the Moderator Control Panel, and edit your signature that way, which is a tedious process. All of that, just to do something small, to a member who hasn't done anything to provoke anybody just doesn't make sense.

So really, it was probably just a slip up by you :[ Code can be tricky like that, you may have accidentally moved it or something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back