• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Someone set us up the pixel

Andcetera

Jigglypuff~<333
    Years
    The FR/LG ones are really good o:
    The D/P pixel people could use some work, maybe darker lineart for the hair to define it a little more?

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
    Years
    I know this was bumped by the fellow newb above, but I'll crit anyway.

Hm.. And I finally saw someone doing a different style for the OWs here; I've been doing the same thing recently, heh.

This style seems to me a bit fat though, the heads being blocky with the excuse being their rounded edges. The eyes and arms look alot like D/P, and the bodies look flat. Actually, I find this style too similar to D/P, with an attempt at thinning out the heads to have better proportions, thus resulting in bigger bodies and fat appearance.

My suggestions would be to add more contrast to the pallete colors, and distribute well the shading to remove the flatness. Don't change the pallete much though, as it's looking awesome with the low sat and all that.

You should also try and make the chins smaller, and work the bodies a bit to look thinner, while keeping the top down perspective. That'd be all the crits for now.

Im also wondering why everyone covers up their sprites here alot.. Frequent sprite thefts around here?
    It would do well to know before posting mine.

Years
    This style seems to me a bit fat though, the heads being blocky with the excuse being their rounded edges.
    This is not really an excuse. I drew the sprites that way intentionally. I wanted the style to have a sort of goofy look.
    The eyes and arms look alot like D/P, and the bodies look flat. Actually, I find this style too similar to D/P, with an attempt at thinning out the heads to have better proportions, thus resulting in bigger bodies and fat appearance.
    I started this style by originally working with FR/LG proportioned sprites then I eventually expanded them which might be why they look similar to Nintendo's official sprites. You could call it a halfway point.
    As for the bodies looking flat that probably has to do with the fact that I took some inspiration from the way graphics are shaded in the Mother games.

Considering the fact that both of the sprites showcased wear hats that could also be attributed to the reason why the head might look large.

Here's the (still incomplete) version of Silver as a reference.
    Someone set us up the pixel

My suggestions would be to add more contrast to the pallete colors, and distribute well the shading to remove the flatness.
    That probably has to do with the fact that I took some inspiration from the way graphics are shaded in the Mother games.
    Im also wondering why everyone covers up their sprites here alot.. Frequent sprite thefts around here?
    It would do well to know before posting mine.
    If you want to be on the safe side it would probably be a good idea. A lot of people (myself included) have had problems with sprite theft.

Back