• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Something Different: Least Favorite Thing About Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tina

Secretly Hoardes Persians
    Years
    This involves all generations, websites, games, consoles - all Pokemon related items.

1.) Pikachu following you around in Yellow. Who wants a tag team partner EVERYWHERE YOU GO!!!?? [back to pokeball or die*]

2.) Fake cheats. I don't use anything but Gameshark after beating the game, but lordy, who falls for these?:
    "How to get Jirachi: Raise 30 pokemon to level 100. Release the rest. Fill Box 1 with 30 level 100 pokemon. Leave a level 100 Magikarp in your party. Release pokemon in this order: 30, 1, 29, 2, 28, 3, etc. etc. Save and turn off game. Your Jirachi will be in Box 14, Slot 30."
    Seriously? HOW COULD YOU FALL FOR IT?

3.) Last but not least, I don't know why, but Bruno from the Elite Four really, really annoys me. I just want to hit him, especially when he turns away from you when he loses. This isn't DAYS OF OUR LIVES, Bruno, get a grip.

Anyone like to share theirs?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Aw, I liked Pikachu following you around in Yellow... If it bothered you, why'd you buy it?? ^^;

Anyway... hmmm...

The Gyms; Sure they can be fun when you battle the gym leader... but theres sooo many gyms that have traps, and secrets, way too many trainers around corners, and floors made of ice that you can fall through.... God forbid you could just walk in and meet the freaking Gym Leader!! ><; ....*breathes*....

Tina

Secretly Hoardes Persians
    Years
    Drew said:
    Aw, I liked Pikachu following you around in Yellow... If it bothered you, why'd you buy it?? ^^;

I bought it because I like to try them all out myself, which then proceeds to me having to beat the game. Gotta buy 'em all.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I hate how Team Rocket is reall goofy. That part is directed at a slighly youger crowd... Also, how do people make money? That always amazes me... or do they get money like they do in the games, by winning battles?

Kunoichi

The one who dreams alone
    Years
    I really really... can't stand their weird jokes. Like... they're meant to be funny, really... who'd fall for those jokes? Especially when they try and make funny little 'links' between the pokemon and the episode title... like... 'Tracy gets bugged'.... No... you just... don't. >___>

I suppose the younger viewers like their corny lines...

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    Kunoichi said:
    I really really... can't stand their weird jokes. Like... they're meant to be funny, really... who'd fall for those jokes? Especially when they try and make funny little 'links' between the pokemon and the episode title... like... 'Tracy gets bugged'.... No... you just... don't. >___>

I suppose the younger viewers like their corny lines...
    LOL :laugh: ya said the words right outta my mouth!!!!

also,the show's just too kiddi....it'd be better if they made anime of the poke'mon adventure manga OR IF I COULD GET MORE!!!!!! or if they just simply made a better,tougher show...catch my drift?...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jul 7, 2006
    In the anime, how the normal rules never seem to apply to Ash (because we all know that a normal Pikachu can TOTALLY beat rock types with an electric attack. *cough*). I hate hate HATE that. And also, back around the time I stopped watching it, how they used the same recycled plot for EVERY EPISODE. It was like, okay, I know they're filler, but you can AT LEAST come up with a more interesting plot than the one that the episode before it used. x.X

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2006
    firstly the tv show is bad because of the animation if u look carefully u will see dat the characters dont need to breathe until they are out of breath, not even in close ups. actually they dont move apart from a little triange for their mouthes cheap cheap cheap.
    therer are no probs wif the games apart from battle tower (did ayone else spend weeks getting a team to win 100 battles to find out u dont get anything but a dam statue nobody ever notices) and i would like all pokemon to be catchable without goin to nintendo events that dont go near europe, tis all

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Hmmm... My least favorite thing? How every game seems to end when you beat the Elite Four. Yeah, they've got Battle Tower and Battle Frontier (both very nice), but that gets boring really fast. I liked the days of Silver and Gold, when there was an entirely different region (Kanto) to visit. Sure, it wasn't as big, but it was nice to have. Nothing beats having sixteen badges.

I guess what I'm saying is, I hate how short the games seem, and how the Elite Four suck, and yet they're your final story-affecting challenge.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Personally, the fact that the anime characters haven't aged AT ALL kinda annoys me. I mean, come on! How long has the show been running? Has Ash shown ANY interest in a girl?!

*laughs* Okay, and I guess the fact that you can have Pikachu follow you in yellow, but you can never have another Pokemon follow you in any other game. I'l love to see an advancement where you can choose a Pokemon in your party to let follow you around. I like that kind of intimacy with your Pokemon is wonderful.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Beezlenef said:
    In the anime, how the normal rules never seem to apply to Ash (because we all know that a normal Pikachu can TOTALLY beat rock types with an electric attack. *cough*). I hate hate HATE that. And also, back around the time I stopped watching it, how they used the same recycled plot for EVERY EPISODE. It was like, okay, I know they're filler, but you can AT LEAST come up with a more interesting plot than the one that the episode before it used. x.X

Electric can beat rock types, its ground types they can't beat. I was watching an old episode on YouTube and they even said that about a Sandshrew and when Pikachu battled a Cubone...dunno about the newer one's though.

DragonQueenRachel

Soul of Trinity, Dragon Queen
    Years
    Okay, the thing I hate the most about Pokemon is Ash, he's too much of the steryotipical happy-go-lucky hero who has a personality comparable to cheese.

Oh, and I also can't stand the Team Rockett motto, I would like it better if they didn't have to say it IN EVERY FREAKIN' EPISODE!

Ai

; ♥ ~
    Years
    The repeating plot of the not important hoenn episodes.. meet someone, battle, something gets stolen/something else happens, it gets fixed, they say bye... Seriously, that is SOOO boring!

i cant really think of something else

enyce

banned
    Years
    The fact that there is always a dragon trainer in the elite four. It gets old

The fact the villan teams lack variety. Okay, ive seen your "00ber level 30 poochyena" but I dont wanna see like fifty of them. Before Im finished completeing the aqua/magma dungeon for christs sake. Then they have zubats too. It was like with team rocket. All they had was rattatas and zubats.

The fact you will spend an hour looking for chimecho. My god why is a crappy pokemon so rare. I will spend hours looking for duskull.

I hate that special typed pokemon such as Absol and Flareon specialize in attack. Then Gengar a physical type is specialized in special attack. Talk about backwards programing.

Ria

Minx Extraordinaire
    Years
    Hehe, honestly? Lots of stuff! You should hear me when I'm having a bad day and a mutterton against everything that ever exsisted or will exist ^^; For example:

Anime characters not acting their age. (How come Misty is old enough to have... er... a "figure" /cough/, but she (and everyone else) act like they're... I dunno... EIGHT!

How come no one ever has a change of clothes? O.o I mean, I'm not that tidy myself, but come on! What, does the pokemon world have a different atmosphere that prevents foul odours? :-/

Furthermore, how come everyone and their grandma can pack unlimited amount of ANYTHING while on the road? Brock carries around the whole kitchen, plus utensils, plus food for people, plus food for pokemon O.o

How come... (lol, this one is my favourite)... how come they can climb a mountain, during a blizzard wearing T-shirts? (Not to mention that tiny shorts of Misty's O.o )

As for the games: (I love them, but still) Too short, not being able to catch all pokies (and I don't mean just not being able to find EVERY evolution of EVERY pokemon walking around in grass, but not having a realistic chance of catching a first evo and evolving them yourself ) not one house has a loo O.o I mean, seriously, what, do people live from photosynthesis and don't have to eat so they don't have physiological functions? O.o And where do they have baths??? What does the Pokemon world have against personal hygene!? O.o

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    In the anime, how the normal rules never seem to apply to Ash (because we all know that a normal Pikachu can TOTALLY beat rock types with an electric attack. *cough*).
    Um... Rock types aren't immune to Electric type attacks, Ground types are. -.- But yea, it bugs me too that Pikachu's Thunderbolt can kick any Ground type's butt, while Iron Tail takes care of Water types. =_=
    Okay, the thing I hate the most about Pokemon is Ash, he's too much of the steryotipical happy-go-lucky hero who has a personality comparable to cheese.
    He is now, which is the reason I hate the newer episodes. <.<
    The fact you will spend an hour looking for chimecho. My god why is a crappy pokemon so rare. I will spend hours looking for duskull.
    Oye! Duskull (well, Dusclops, but Duskull evolves into Dusclops, so...) and Chimecho don't suck! >D
    My brother kicked butt in Netbattle with a Chimecho that knew Heal Bell, Sleep Talk, Rest and Psychic.
    I hate that special typed pokemon such as Absol and Flareon specialize in attack. Then Gengar a physical type is specialized in special attack. Talk about backwards programing.
    Uh... Gengar can have a full Special attack movepool if you want to. But who the heck makes Gengar an all out sweeper when there's MCGar?

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    I hate it in the game when the wild pokemon become too annoying.. they come to you within few seconds!!

I also didn't like the cheats in blue version.. it makes the game too simple and uninteresting.. there isn't any challenge with the missing no. code ><;;

enyce

banned
    Years
    Smarties-kun said:
    Oye! Duskull (well, Dusclops, but Duskull evolves into Dusclops, so...) and Chimecho don't suck! >D
    My brother kicked butt in Netbattle with a Chimecho that knew Heal Bell, Sleep Talk, Rest and Psychic.
    Uh... Gengar can have a full Special attack movepool if you want to. But who the heck makes Gengar an all out sweeper when there's MCGar?

I never said duskull sucked. I did say chimecho sucks however. I know gengar can have a full out special attacking set. But it still doesnt make since you make him ghost/poison but then give it crappy attacking stats. Meaning Gengar cant get STAB from any special moves. It still kicks butt though.

I still stand by saying Chimecho is crap. Its the worst psychic type next to, Bedlum, Spoink and Baltoy

Years
    The Anime started bothering me a lot somewhere during the Johto season for reasons already stated (repetivie, really kiddy, etc.). Now I only really watch it when I want to see the featured Pokemon in the episode or whatever.

I also agree with what Superking said- "all pokemon to be catchable without going to nintendo events." I mean, the events are a cool idea and all, and they can still give pokemon away at them, but I can't fly a plane up to New York all the time.

Other than that I would say certain HMs like Flash where you need them for one event and otherwise they are pretty useless (in my opinion it just wastes a spot where a good move can go and I end up wandering the tunnel in the dark).

Another thing is how some Pokemon are certain types but they don't learn any moves of that type.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    The thing i hate is a classic. WHY DO THEY MAKE 2 VERSIONS OF THE SAME GAME. I would never cough up an extra 30 bucks just to add that stray meowth or roselia to my dex. Sure the special editions help but they are always missing at least 1 pkmn from 1 of the versions. I.E. emerald misses Zangoose(ruby) and Lunatone(saphire).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back