• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen something i noticed about HG/SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
Years
  • in each pic ive seen the starter pokemon is following you. so are they going to have the starter follow you the whole game( like pkmn yellow) or not?

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • in each pic ive seen the starter pokemon is following you. so are they going to have the starter follow you the whole game( like pkmn yellow) or not?

It has not been confirmed how far into the game it follows you (though if it's following you at the beginning there is a good chance it will follow you the whole way through), or if it will continue to follow once evolved. So far it appears that the three starters follow you, and the Pikachu-colored Pichu will also follow behind you. If the Pikachu-colored Pichu can follow, then that may say others can follow as well though it is not yet confirmed. Hopefully we can get more answers with the next release of photos and videos. :)

AuraAshley

Years
  • that or it after it evolves it follows but the sprite stays as the original form not the evolved form

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I sure hope so, I like the idea of that :)

But i wonder: Will you still throw them out of a Pokemball at the start of batte?

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • that or it after it evolves it follows but the sprite stays as the original form not the evolved form

That would be terrible T_T Actually having Fertaligator, but having Totodile still following you? XD I think that would annoy me lol :P

I sure hope so, I like the idea of that :)

But i wonder: Will you still throw them out of a Pokemball at the start of batte?

Does anyone know how that worked in Pokemon Yellow? I've only ever watched my friend play it, so I don't remember if Pikachu came out of a Pokeball or started out :/

EDIT: After going to YouTube, it looks like Pikachu doesn't come out of a pokeball, it just comes in from the left side of the screen :P

AuraAshley

Years
  • again as ive been saying maybe its your starter and maybe as it evolves the sprite that follows you evolves

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Most likely, they will happen, but for every pic, it shows the early parts of the game, so we don't know what'll happen when the starter evolves.

AuraAshley

Years
  • Most likely, they will happen, but for every pic, it shows the early parts of the game, so we don't know what'll happen when the starter evolves.

for all we know the starter could be evolved. i evolved my cyndaquil before 1st gym

Years
  • Okay. I can almost guarente that EVERY evolution of all three starter pokemon will follow you in the new games. Why? They have developed sprites of every starter to follow you in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
  • Yes. I think they would follow you everytime. But i guess in your team.. The first pokemon thats in your team will follow you am i right?

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    I don't remember where, but it was mentioned that some of the released pictures of HeartGold/SoulSilver that showed locations that were visited earlier in Gold/Silver/Crystal had either Chikorita, Cyndaquil, or Totodile following the trainer. However, other released pictures of HeartGold/SoulSilver that displayed locations that were visited later in Gold/Silver/Crystal did not show a starter Pokemon from Johto following the trainer, so it may be that Chikorita/Cyndaquil/Totodile stop following the trainer once they evolve.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back