• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Something I've noticed....

Eeohnex

Illuminate
Years
  • Yeah I have noticed that too, it's a pretty handy feature that helps us determine what nature boosts/decreases a stat.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Wow, just noticed it now, and it's probably because it's very faintly colored and I've already had to have cataracts removed from both eyes. Yeah, I tend to miss this stuff :/

This would be useful if I ever decide to create another battling team, but as it stands, I've got a perfectly good one already xD

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • ...I can't believe I never even noticed that. aaaa I feel so unobservant! oh well, it's a cool feature, even if I failed at using it

ichuesther

The girl with the Charizard.
    Years
  • Really? I'm going to go check!
    Lol I'm not very observative when it comes to gaming ><

Years
  • on mine the negative nature is in light blue, you almost cant see it. well at least i dont have to check bulbapedia every five seconds for natures now

Also, did you also know that when a battle begins the pokeball of yours that rattles is of a super effective type against your opponent? for example, my opponent is a scizor, and i have a typhlosion in the 5th slot, so the 5th slotted pokeball will rattle around.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Also, did you also know that when a battle begins the pokeball of yours that rattles is of a super effective type against your opponent? for example, my opponent is a scizor, and i have a typhlosion in the 5th slot, so the 5th slotted pokeball will rattle around.

Not true. As Sweet Smoochum, I always thought it was the exp points. Just tested your theory, doesn't work. I found a wild Spearow, had an Ampharos in 5th slot, didn't rattle. Found a wild Sunkern, had Typhlosion in 1st slot, and Charmander in 6th, didn't rattle.

Experience points is the most logical conclusion.

TotoPacMan

*insert witty title*
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2024
    talking about Scizor (kind of), i notice that it's back sprite doesn't have wings, but it's overworld and trainer's/wild pokemon sprite does.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Yeah, I noticed one of the stat names was blue and figured it must have something to do with natures. I can just barely see the red one...*checks team*
    I find it odd that my Docile Lapras doesn't have any colored stat names as far as I can see-not that I really mind, I don't really competitive train.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
  • Yeah, I noticed one of the stat names was blue and figured it must have something to do with natures. I can just barely see the red one...*checks team*
    I find it odd that my Docile Lapras doesn't have any colored stat names as far as I can see-not that I really mind, I don't really competitive train.

There are five natures (bashful, docile, hardy, quirky, and serious) that have neither a negative effect nor a positive one on any stats. Technically, it's because those natures raise and lower the same stat, balancing out. So that's why your Lapras has no colored stats - docile is pretty much the same thing as having no nature at all.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
  • I've noticed this about halfway through the game.. I think it IS very helpful (to those who note the value of it, that is) and it's nice to see that Game Freak still takes care of the competitive environment under it's big ole' wing. The only suggestion I have is that they be more straightforward about it.. I mean, in the options, there should be a "basic" or "advanced" mode of how you'd like to view your Pokemon's stats.. It kind of disappoints me that Game Freak decided to include such a minor (yet still appreciated) step into the competitive world only now, so late in the series. Nonetheless, this is a very well noted, helpful, and appreciated feature.

Jack Kentnon

Derp Trainer
    Years
  • My friend pointed it out to me.

However I think it's a great idea for people like my self who have a short attention-span, and an even shorter memory.

Filozofio

Hand Over The Candy
    Years
  • I heard about it, but never took the time to look. xD Kinda neat, and I hope they keep it, but I probably won't use it much.

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    Red means increase and Blue is decrease, I honestly never payed attention to it, but it comes in handy.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Aha I never noticed o_o'
    I just check a few secs ago to make sure. XD

blue = lowered stat
    pinkish red = higher stat

Back