• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Something that truly bothers me about Pokemon.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Since when did Machoke get pants? Maybe you're thinking of Lucario. Anyway, it never really bothered me, especially wild Pokemon. They could easily find them in the wild, or use psychic powers to obtain them. The real mystery is how the Drowzee I evolved got ahold of the pendulum it has as a Hypno.

Brainstorm

I'm not smart; I'm random.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    I'd assume it is something not unlike how an oyster creates a pearl, or how a snail creates a shell. Every Pokemon creates/molds it's own accessories. Now I just gave myself visions of a Machoke sewing its pants...

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    Machokes speedo and wrestling belt.... xD Yes it would be horrible to see him without.

But why does Machop not wear pants?? Hmmm...

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    I never realized this, now that you mentioned it, it seems really weird xD

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Extensions of their bodies manifested in an inanimate form. Nothing ridiculous like a store... XD

Actually I like the idea from good-ol' Butterfree/Dragonfree's fanfic Quest for the Legends. They are simply issued by the Leagues for public decency and safety, in respect to humans. And Kadabra just like spoons.

Notice how most of these are from gen1? That's because (if I didn't tell you before) Game Freak hadn't quite decided the direction in which Pokemon would go. Since Johto and on, Pokemon have been somewhat closer to real organisms, without tools.

Druid

she's not anyone...
    Years
    My explanation is that they steal these things. I mean, how hard can it be to sneak off after a battle for a minute to steal some guy's spoon, his pants, or his family pendant? Alternatively, my brother says their little trinkets are part of their bodies. I mean, sure, having a pendant hanging off a string that is directly attached to your hand would be annoying, but hey, it looks cool. Same with Kadabra/Alakazham's spoon(s).

However, this second explanation means that Machoke and Machamp are technically naked, but don't dwell on that.

Kitsune Genetica

Tea and crumpets!
    Years
    Well, I think it quotes in one of Kadabra/Alakazam's Pokedex entries that they form the spoons from pure psychic power. Either that, or something else. Go troll Bulbapedia until you find the answer.

Actually, I think that none of the pokemon you mentioned hatch from eggs, so there's plenty of time for them to find the accessories :P

Now that's a good point, and credible too! Who would have thunk it?

Last edited:
    Back