• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Something you learned this year

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    What is something you learned in 2013 that you didn't know before? Don't restrict yourself to education, if applicable.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    if you're at the mall and someone from one of those stands wants you to go over, don't go over. i made the mistake yesterday black friday shopping. uuuugh.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I learnt that leaving food without a name on it, it will be missing once you leave the room.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Always bring an umbrella, regardless of how the sky looks like at the time of your departure.

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
    I learned that no matter how useful it is, toilet paper is completely inappropriate for a birthday gift or for any other occasion.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    This might've been this year or last year, sometime in the relatively recent past, but I learned "bowl cuts" are not called "bull cuts".

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
    Years
    Transferring isn't that bad, and I can run more than a mile. Seven miles more.
    Also, no matter how sure you are of something, theres a greater chance than you think that you're wrong.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    your sex life is apparently public domain if you mention it even once

though that's not necessarily a bad thing
    Something you learned this year

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
    I learned that life's been hell all along.
    But I just to go with the flow and act like there's really nothing happening.

Outlier

If you're in your car and you get stopped by a police, and he's not wearing his police hat, you can ask him to put on his hat. And if he says he doesn't have it, then you are legally allowed to leave.

I'm lazy to write down other stuffs...

Is that just a Canadian thing? Because I'd love to try it without getting my ass beat.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Anna said:
    That it's really not worth trying to participate in conversations.
    Saturnus said:
    I learned that life's been hell all along.

I think the OP meant real facts, not mood-based personal reflections :P Chin up, you'll rally again guys. Here are some interesting bits I've come across:

--

1) Volkswagen owns Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, SEAT, Škoda, Ducati, MAN, and Scania.

2) Broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, and cabbage all were created by humans...explains why they taste so bad!

3) Reading in bad lighting actually does not affect your eyesight.

4) In Africa, every 60 seconds, a minute passes.

Still on the fence about that last one, though

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
    I learnt a lot about Game Design, this year.
    In addition, I've improved my Programming Skills a lot too.

For some less nerdy stuff, I learnt to not trust people to soon.
    People who act nice and honest to you, just because you have something the other person really wants to have too, can end up being a complete jerk, as soon as they have it too.

And also, never, ever trust Students, they can make broken promises really quick, resulting you to fail for your Exam terribly, and there's no one who will help you solve the problem.

Throughout this year, I actually got myself on a greater distance from people than I usually would (although there are a few exceptions).
    I don't trust people as easily anymore, I only talk to the people I'm sure they're okay, etc.

Back