• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

something's wrong with me i just know it

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Depression( if that counts), auditory processing disorder( where your brain dosent process things you hear properly, so I have to ask someone to repeat things often and instructions need to be written down), possible autism( never have been diagnosed but my mom tells me constantly that she thinks I have it, I do not know for sure, I may be tested for it at some point, I am not self-diagnosing)

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I have ASD, (it used to be Asperjers but they took that away). I also have mild Dyspraxia and Dyslexia. I have a lazy eye( that was picked up too late, so I need glasses) and I am partly hearing.

I have numeric dyslexia. Doesn't happen to words, just numbers. It was funny because I did a test in Chem' class and all the math was right and the procedures were good, but the answer was wrong lol! The teacher was like, "It was 15.22, not 51.22." Made me feel like a dummy XD

But it happens at the cash all the time, too. If a total is 52.38$ I'll say something like 52.83$ instead.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I have numeric dyslexia. Doesn't happen to words, just numbers. It was funny because I did a test in Chem' class and all the math was right and the procedures were good, but the answer was wrong lol! The teacher was like, "It was 15.22, not 51.22." Made me feel like a dummy XD

But it happens at the cash all the time, too. If a total is 52.38$ I'll say something like 52.83$ instead.

That's dyscalculia actually! People are always surprised when "number dyslexia" has a name, haha. But yes, that's what it's called. We went over it in class. Reminds me...my mom told me I was "dyslexic in math" but I'm not sure if that's true or if she was poking fun at me. I think if it was true, someone would have told me by now. She was drunk though, so that either means it was completely false or the alcohol caused her to finally tell me idk haha. I don't really think I have it, though I was always taken out of class when I was a kid during math. -shrug-

Years
  • High Functioning Autism. Its Autism but I can most of the things a normal functioning person can do.

Honestly, I don't know about anyone else, but I never got any of the positive benefits from Autism. I thought being good at math, science, and literature was it, but as it turns out I was naturally good at it. All I got from Autism is doctors, time wasted, depression, and a bunch of problems I have every day. For a time I used to think I was a failure as a human being, being unable to talk to others. In other words, I got punched in the face by fate, with no bandages to cover the wounds.

Those of you who don't have Autism/Asperger's, be very, very, very thankful you don't. It'll cause a lifetime of problems.

Years
  • I get anxious in social situations and have been in a down for the past while, but I think I'm finally starting to move ahead.

Years
  • @Japanese writing guy - I'm with you there. I got royally screwed with the missing out on the upsides. I have seen psychologists and developmental experts far too many times, also with you on how irritating doctors can be about it.

Sirfetch’d

I am extremely arachniphobic which is annoying as there are tons of spiders out and I hate them so much D: I used to have social anxiety, but over the past few years I have coped with it, and I rarely feel it anymore. Lastly, I am paranoid, and that is the worst :I

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2013
    Hmmm... Depression and stress, if that counts :P
    ADD, and I recently got diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome o.O

DeuceClubs

Boom Shakalaka
    Years
  • Not really sure since I never thought about it... but as one member said, if talking to yourself counts, then that's my problem. I do it all the time. It actually helps me a lot with coming up with ideas.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Asperger's and anxiety. The Asperger's part has been dealt with fairly easily actually. Put your focus skills to work, Aspies. Sit back and observe, absorb all the media, post 'round a forum. Rack up the experience in social interactions and you eventually figure out how that works. The anxiety is the bigger issue for me. It often ends up that I overthink things and psych myself out of getting anything done. Not helpful yo. And I refuse meds of all kinds. Except for the occasional allergy pill.

Other more minor things include procrastination habits, laziness, extreme nearsightedness, allergies to pollen/mold/mildew/dust, occasional asthma, general lack of talent or skill.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Chronic pain in the form of dysmenorrhea. Luckily it's not around all the time but it's enough that it very drastically affects my life. :/ I have to take opiate painkillers just to be able to get out of bed when I have it and so for a week of every month I'm either incapacitated or I'm high as a kite (and still in pain). Not very conducive to much of anything, be it studies or a job so it gets pretty frustrating. I could definitely have it worse but it's still... I just wish I knew what was causing it but I've been seeing tons of doctors for almost a decade now and no luck. Sometimes it's to the point where I think it might be psycho-somatic just because I expect it but pain is such a fickle thing that I don't think it matters either way.

I also have chronic insomnia and have for about 2 years now. I'm in a bit of a low with it right now in that I haven't had a good night's sleep (aka 4+ hours) for well over a week but other times it'll be the opposite where I'll have generally good sleep (6+h) consistently for a week or two.

Aside from those, I can't really think of anything. Everything else is generally so small or uncommon that it's not worth mentioning. When I think "what's wrong with me" these are the only two issues that consistently bother me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2013
    I have ADHD, some sort of seasonal depression, and mild paranoia.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • ADHD if that counts. I've had it my whole life but was medically diagnosed of it when I was like 8 or 9. Doc put me on the pills, pills started effecting my social behavior and my eating habits, got dangerously underweight then stopped taking the pills.
    I see my ADHD more as a blessing than a curse anyways.

Years
  • I have an underactive thyroid. It slows my metabolism to a grinding halt, plus messes up my mood, menstrual cycle, bone growth, etc.

How interesting that you say that, considering that I have Graves disease. A few years ago, I had an overactive thyroid, which bumped up my metabolism, made my heart rate go extremely high (to 180 bpm once and they had to put me on medication to lower it), messed up my bodily functions and mood, and so on. I had to get my thyroid removed by radioactive iodine means, and now I take pills as a replacement, since I no longer have the thyroid gland. So, I'm technically underactive thyroid right now while they get my medication set, which can take years sometimes. (: So, I know how hard it can be. I'm sorry to hear you go through it as well, and hope it gets straightened out!

Back