• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen sometimes GameFreak dissapoints me

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I mean don't get me wrong, i love chesnaught's design but this seems like a much more naturaltransition from chespin and franlky i like it better. (found this in google images btw)
    sometimes GameFreak dissapoints me

Another thing was mega heracross, its a good poke but i hate the way it looks. These would've been way better. (again found it in google)

Last edited:
    Years
  • The original designs are not bad, in my opinion... GameFreak dissapoints me when they give a bad ability to a Pokemon I like :( I like most of the designs anyway...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • While Chespin's evolution all the way to Chesnaught seems a bit too drastic, it's supposed to fit in with the fighter (knight) role of the fighter/mage/thief roles that were set for the Kalos starters. Besides, Chesnaught looks a lot like a knight, IMO.

Mega Heracross is intended to resemble a real Hercules beetle, something that regular Heracross doesn't really look like at all. Regular Hera looks more like a rhinoceros beetle.

Years
  • I love that first picture of Mega Heracross and there are a lot of amazing fanarts out there but I suppose Game Freak must finalise all designs for a reason :) That's the way I look at it anyways when I see a design that fills me with confusion lol xD There are a couple of designs I'm not keen on either but at least the good thing is, there's plenty of others within their type for me to choose from :) Besides, other people might love the Pokémon I'm not as keen on and if Game Freak had gone in another direction, they might not have got the same enjoyment out of those designs so it's all a vicious cycle really lol :)

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    PlatinumDude said:
    Mega Heracross is intended to resemble a real Hercules beetle,
    Well to be fair the second fan art of hera looks like a hercules beetle and it looks better than regular mega.

And you are right, chesnaught looks a lot llike a knight but the evolution is really drastic and kind of reminds me of digimon evos tbh.

Lastly, if delphox is a mage and chesnaught is a knight, what is greninja? (a ninja?)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Well to be fair the second fan art of hera looks like a hercules beetle and it looks better than regular mega.

And you are right, chesnaught looks a lot llike a knight but the evolution is really drastic and kind of reminds me of digimon evos tbh.

Lastly, if delphox is a mage and chesnaught is a knight, what is greninja? (a ninja?)

Tbh, I think the Pokemon Company went for a bit of simplicity when designing Mega Heracross to make it look like an actual Hercules beetle alone than a hybrid of said beetle and rhinoceros beetle. Mega Heracross' bulging arms are supposed to symbolize its newfound Skill Link ability. The shells on its arms open up as a neat little bonus in order to let heat escape. Imaging Mega Heracross shooting Pin Missiles, Rock Blasts and Bullet Seeds out of its fingertips.

Greninja is the "thief" of the three starters. Ninjas have been associated with thievery.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    oh cool. here's a mega metagross concept with stance change and it looks cooler than the original imo

and just look at this mega bannette O.O (the regular one is pretty cool too )

Back