• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sometimes you need a video game to cheer up

Yukari

So, do you ever play video games to cheer up when you're depressed, angry, or generally in a bad mood? If so then what video games do you play?

Me personally I do play video games when I'm in a bad mood. Usually Kirby or some kind of happy game like that. But when I'm angry it's usually something like Doom or Mortal Kombat. You know, something violent to vent my anger on.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I try to play non-frustrating games when I'm upset, if I want to anyway. Usually if I'm upset, I don't feel like doing anything at all. I haven't got the will to play, lol. But if I do, it's usually Pokemon or Animal Crossing. Though AC can be frustrating when someone decides to move RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR CAFE, ROCKET.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I try to play non-frustrating games when I'm upset, if I want to anyway. Usually if I'm upset, I don't feel like doing anything at all. I haven't got the will to play, lol. But if I do, it's usually Pokemon or Animal Crossing. Though AC can be frustrating when someone decides to move RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR CAFE, ROCKET.

First of all - all of this.
    I have a lot of trouble sleeping at night. In short, many nights I'm depressed or upset but I don't usually have the will to play a game. When I do, it's something simple and mindless. Something I can just space out while playing -- to clear my head without further upsetting me. So things like Sims, Minecraft, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, etc. I actually have a category on steam dedicated to point and click adventure games and dumb puzzle games specifically for those kinds of nights.

Secondly.. not you, too? Ugh. Lobo moved in almost right in front of my cafe. The cranky jerk managed to place himself ever so perfectly.. and ruin the hybrid flower garden around my cafe and fountain. :c

TY

I used to, untill I found other ways to cheer me up which were more efficient.

Games I used to play: Terraria or any game with a calming background music, it really helps a lot even if the game itself isn't that calming :P

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • If I'm stressed, I'll play Animal Crossing or Minecraft. It's cathartic to just be able to relax, fix my town up, chat with my friendly villagers, or in Minecraft, relax by decorating my home and world. :)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Final Fantasy helps with all emotions. If I'm angry I can wreck if I'm sad the story (of some of them) can cheer me up. And then I play pokemon for every emotion too. I can't play shoot em ups or fighting games because I get destroyed and then just get even more flustered.

Years
  • If I'm in the mood for JRPGs, then Rune Factory 3/4 or Bravely Default help cheer me up! All three have really fun characters, nice plots, and great soundtracks, so I always find myself feeling better when I play them. If I'm not in the mood, then Puzzle & Dragons, as I don't need to concentrate on what I'm doing -too- much.

Years
  • If i'm really mad i just play League of Legends cause it's the best way to let your rage out. The community is really toxic anyway and since the banning system is horrid, you won't get banned for it

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I usually don't really feel like playing games if I'm depressed, but if I'm mad, then I'd play Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3. It's fun beating up Sasuke.

If I need a pick me up, I always have the Pokemon series to turn to, or I could download some cute characters for MUGEN and fight with them. That's the fun with MUGEN - it's basically limitless. You can get a huge cast of characters at your disposal, and I could just download one really easily and play with them. It's a good way to calm me down.

Yukari

If I need a pick me up, I always have the Pokemon series to turn to, or I could download some cute characters for MUGEN and fight with them. That's the fun with MUGEN - it's basically limitless. You can get a huge cast of characters at your disposal, and I could just download one really easily and play with them. It's a good way to calm me down.
    Mugen is an amazing program. It's simple and easy to use, and there are literally infinite possibilities it.

I'd shell out money for it if it was paid software.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • It depends on my mood. Usually, when I'm angry... I don't want to do much of anything. However, if I'm upset or having a hard time writing a story or something, I usually revert to playing video games for a little while. It helps distract my mind from any anxiety I am currently dealing with at the moment.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hmm... not that I think about, I do find myself playing some video game while I'm in certain mood; when I'm angry, to be exact. Whenever I'm upset, I'd send some time playing games such as Super Smash Bros, Call of Duty, and the like. I'm not sure why, but defeating people and reaching certain goals in these kind of games do help make me feel better by helping me release my frustration, at least to some degree. Can't really go into details as to how this sort of thing exactly works, but I'm glad that it does.

Marsyas

Master of Shuppets
    Years
  • Video games aren't my go-to for an emotional detox but the Katamari series never fails to put a smile on my face.

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    If I have stress, I usually pop in Just Cause or TDU, and roam around for hours doing nothing. Its great to just get away sometimes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2017
    Video games in general are a huge stress reliever for me. I specifically go to Tekken TT2 or Titanfall when I just want to rage. xD

Brolijah

Secretly (Not) Active
    Years
  • If I'm upset, I'll most likely turn to The Impossible Game or Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3. During such times I just think things over in my head. TIP is just soothing in its entirety, and UNS3 doesn't require much thought process.

Back