• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Songs in another language

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Whatever I listen is mostly English, but all in all, though, I'd listen to pretty much any song--regardless of what language it is--as long as it sounds good to my ears. :] I've heard a few Bollywood and West Bengal songs before, and each and every one of them were equally as fantastic. One of my most favorite would be this; very soothing.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I have listened to Japanese, Chinese, Korean and English (surprise surprise).

I'll be honest, those songs are much more earworming than Indonesian songs.

But Japanese is my #1 language when it comes to music. As for lyrics, I am at least knowledgable enough in Japanese to translate bits of the songs. English is my first language though, so I have to trouble with them. Chinese and Korean... not so much. xDD

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I prefer lyrics I won't understand as I'm hearing them, then they aren't annoying and blend in well enough with the music. Finnish is the most songworthy language imo.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I listen to many songs in different languages. In fact, they take up about 70% of my iPod. I find them more catchy than the Western music nowadays.

At the moment, I'm listening to French, Japanese and Swedish music. I definitely try to find translations of the songs to find out what they mean. I love languages and I find them fascinating.

Years
    I don't usually care about lyrics. They're kind of filler in a lot of ways. Sometimes they're catchy or unusually interesting, which is great, but as long as they aren't so bad that they're a distraction I'm not too concerned about them or what language they're in.

I just like hearing the music and vocals that go well with the music.

Years
    Most of my songs are in English, although I have couple that are in Japanese. I don't really listen to the Japanese ones that much, though. I prefer listening to lyrics that I understand.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    Other than songs that the lyrics are in English, I do have songs on my iPod that are in other languages. The songs that I have in other languages on my iPod are in Japanese, Korean, and German. I actually do like listening to songs in other languages that I am not fluent in. As for why I listen to them is because I to find them cool.

As for what songs I have in other languages, here is what ones they are:
    Japanese: Sorairo Days, Colors, Dancing in the Velvet Moon, A Cruel Angel's Thesis
    Korean: Gangnam Style
    German: We All Live in Amerika, Du hast

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I listen to a lot of Japanese Rock. Well, not all of the time... but I do on occasion. I hardly ever check the lyrics unless I am really moved by them. Like, the song Tomorrow Never Dies by the GazettE. This song moves me because it's about suicide. This is both the english and japanese version lyrics. I used to be really into j-rock until I ran into these friends who claimed to be real j-rockers, only to find out they were indeed fake. (Believe me, they are GOOD at fooling people. =.=)

Another band I like, and I think are so cute is LM.C. They are so cute and have many catchy songs. <3 I can't name every song I like by them, but I really love listening to them.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I can listen to (a small amount of) Japanese songs if the rhythm is good enough. I don't tend to care at all for the lyrics though. They might be calling me all sorts of things, I won't even bother looking up for a translation XD

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    Though I seldom listen to songs dubbed in other languages these days, I would welcome new foreign songs if I enjoy their melody. Lyrics are secondary; I can appreciate a good tune even if I don't understand what's been said.

There's a channel on Youtube called TG Lurgan that I really like. They dub a lot of mainstream songs into Irish, and while I have a better chance of understand Spanish than my own native tongue, I really enjoy their rendition of "Can't Hold Us."

Back