• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Songs that remind you of people, places or times-

Lucid

Well? Ever listen to the radio or something and one song comes on that reminds you of a person, or just a point in time? @@ Disscuss~

Crunkn' Munky

Feed me bannanas!!!
    Years
    To live and die in L.A.- the city
    That song with the Terror Squad featuring Ashanti makes me feel like I'm in a mansion on a bright sunny fall day
    That 3 six mafia fly song makes me fell like I'm bouncin' in the club

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    For some odd reason,"Barbie girl" reminds me of my annoying older cousin,mainly becuase the song revolves around a girl and her boyfriend,and all that.My cosuin is NEVER seen not talking about him XD

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
    I'm sorry but this is thread should have been made long ago...

Its cool because I overdose on music, and if something good or bad happens in my life their is a song for it...some bring back very powerful memories.

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    Well, when i dumped my Boyfriend because we didn't like match if you know what i mean, and it even upset me when i done it.
    Anyway, After school (The day i dumped my Boyfriend) I went home and James Blunt song "Goodbye my lover" was on the Radio, so everytime i hear the song it reminds me of when me and my Boyfriend Split up.

_Huggle_Bunny_

~*Im Dead And Im Semi Back*~
    Years
    Man there are so many..

U Got It Bad-Usher (cause i got it bad for my gurl and all wayz will)

We Belong together-Mariah Cary[/b] (cause me and my gurl Belong Together...and i was singing this when we where going through are rough timez)

Crazy-KC & Jo jo (this is me like last year when me and my gurl split up for a lil bit)

Naked-Marques Houston(for me and my gurl)

Sex Wit You-Marques Houston (for me and my gurl)

Im Sprung-Tpain (cause my gurl got me sprung)

Stick Wit U-Pussycat Dolls (cause im a stick wit my gurl 4eva)

Put It On Me-Ja Rule (its mine and my gurls song..yea i know..XD)

Run The Streetz-2pac (thats for me and my boyz)

Life Goes On-2pac(thats for all my boyz that have died)

I Aint Mad At Ya-2pac (this song makes me cry all tha time...And This Is For My Boy Ryan..Me And Him Were Friends For 15 Years And We Had A Fight (over a gurl) And I Hit Him..And I Said I Hope He Died..And The Next Day He Got Hit By A Car..i all wayz cry when i hear this song)

Thug Holiday-Trick Daddy (this is for my boyz 2)

Naked-Nami Tamaki (This is for my gurl 2)

You-Nami Tamaki (for my gurl 2)

Believe-Nami Tamaki (this is a big song for me and my gurl)

Every Heart-BoA (this all so a big song for me and my gurl)

Dont Want U Back-Emon (this is for all the gurls that cheated on me)
    ---------
    Yea i have more but this is all i want to put up...if i put up some more songs i'll start 2 think about the stuff that the song relates 2...

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    _Huggle_Bunny_ said:
    I Aint Mad At Ya-2pac (this song makes me cry all tha time...And This Is For My Boy Ryan..Me And Him Were Friends For 15 Years And We Had A Fight (over a gurl) And I Hit Him..And I Said I Hope He Died..And The Next Day He Got Hit By A Car..i all wayz cry when i hear this song)

:o, Like my Aunts story, my aunt slept with my other Aunts Boyfriend and my aunt that cheated on my aunt said that she wished that my aunt died (Man that was a mouthful) And my aunt got breast cancer and died :(

Blue Mew_16_2006

Jar Head
    Years
    The dang yankies high enough it makes me think of my unckle Donnie that i never got to know. Puff dady and the family i'll be missing you...for...for... my...bro inlaw Luke...who was shot and killed 2 years ago R.I.P.we love you and miss you.*Silent crying pain and anger* if you want to know more about Luke pm me. Help me with ways to deal with this. Every one lost something when Luke had to........Go :(

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Sunday Morning by Maroon5 reminds me of one particular time that I'm not s'posed to talk about, but I cry sometimes when I hear it; it was on the radio at a time that made me very sad and I felt the same, only for different reasons... it reminds me of the person who was involved, too. I have it on CD, but I can't bear to listen to it. It fills me with a lot of pain even though the situation turned out fine, because at that moment I was in a lot of pain and already crying.

Unwell [Matchbox Twenty] reminds me a lot of my father, who is mentally ill and stuff, and it reminds me a lot of when he had an "episode", as well. Welcome to My Life [and if you don't know, for whatever reason, it's Simple Plan...] was the song on the radio one morning my mother and I had a particularly awful fight on the way to school; we just burst out crying, both of us, because it just... er... seemed fitting. xD; And I always think of that exact moment when the chorus came on and we started crying when I hear that song.

Yuuhi no Yakusoku [...er... I don't know xDDDD; Some Japanese music. According to the tag it had when I got it, it's by "Digimon Tamers - Makino Ruki", which I never quite worked out...] reminds me a lot of last February and my old school. I used to listen to it a lot then, and quite often I'd get all depressed because it's so... er... sad-sounding o_O; at night, but... I just like that song. [+is being very vague here+]

Red-Blooded Woman, by Kylie Minogue [<3], makes me think of one disastrous holiday I had in 2004, where... don't really want to talk about it, but I really liked that song at the time, and whenever I hear it I think of some of the few good times I did have on that holiday, and some of the many bad times I had.

My Immortal [forget who sang it] reminds me of some times that followed that, after my father's episode and so forth, and my mother was exactly the same about him. It makes me very sad to hear it. ._.;

Innocent Eyes [Delta Goodrem! <3333] always makes me think of that scene at the end of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. xD I was listening to it when I was reading it, and now it plays in my mind whenever I'm rereading that scene.

And they're all tragic xDDDD I can't think of any songs that remind me of a happy moment.

Poke Mastr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2006
    I cant really remember the name of the song or who sings it, but I do know that B.I.G. used the beat for one of his songs. And I know that it's a really old song, too. The bastards who live in the apartments upstairs always have that song on and it reminds me of way back in the day when i was very little (they used to have that song blasting back then, also XD) I dunno why, but I just get all teary because it reminds me of back then.

Welcome To The Jungle and Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses also remind me of back in the day. My brother always used to listen to them when I was little. They were the first rock band I ever heard and they grew on me. And I have now grown into a metal head XD

Psycho

♥~Catalina~♥
    Years
    My Immortal [forget who sang it] reminds me of some times that followed that, after my father's episode and so forth, and my mother was exactly the same about him. It makes me very sad to hear it. ._.;
    Amy Lee of Evanescence performed this ballad.

As for myself:
    I'd Rather Go Blind by Etta James
    Am I Wrong by Keb' Mo'
    Cross Road Blues by Robert Johnson
    Talkin' Bout A Revolution by Tracy Chapman
    Behind The Wall by Tracy Chapman
    Evil (Is Going On) by Howlin' Ron Wolf
    Summertime by Billie Holiday
    Some Other Spring by Billie Holiday
    It Takes Two To Tango by Louis Armstrong
    Now The World by AFI
    Rum Is For Drinking, Not For Burning by Senses Fail
    Which To Bury, Us or the Hatchet by Relient K
    Life After Death and Taxes (Failures II) by Relient K
    In the End by Linkin Park
    Somewhere I Belong by Linkin Park
    Head Strong by Trapt
    You've Got Another Thing Comin' by Judas Priest
    We're Not Gonna Take It by Twisted Sister
    The Evil That Men Do by Iron Maiden
    Fear Of The Dark by Iron Maiden
    Remedy by Seether
    Holy Wars...The Punishment Due by Megadeth

The majority of these songs remind me of past experiences, the people I know, the times, and my ambitions in life. Of course the list goes on, but then I'd not only break the character limit, I'd also be sitting here for weeks.

Psycho

Last edited:
    Years
    NOT IN LOVE - Enrique Iglesias... i dont like pop.. but this song reminds me of the holiday i had in london, and i felt in love with this danish girl(beautiful)
    and i remember i heard the song the same night, i could't think of anything else, i get the exaclty same feelings, when i listen to it now..

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    Yellowcard's song "Only One" is a track I associate with my first national music camp. It was the first night, I didn't know anyone yet and was a bit lonely. I wandered into the rec room and set the TV to music videos, and that one came on. It was an instant link to everything I knew, and made me cry.

"The Biggest Dreamer" by Wada Kouji, from Digimon Tamers, I associate with my friend Matt, because he wants to karaoke it in Ryo cosplay. "What's My Age Again" (Blink 182) and "Kryptonite" (3 Doors Down) are linked in my mind to the karaoke I did at school in year 12.

Velsper

Kaikishoku ~♥
    Years
    Songs that remind me of myself:

Before I Forget -- Slipknot
    Wait and Bleed -- Slipknot

OMG! I'm a Slipknot fan! >8D

Yellowcard's "Only One" reminds me of my ex. >> That was her favorite song, and she used to play it like...whenever we're together ^^

Years
    I just lost my entire post! Oh well, here we go again.

I'm Already There - Lonestar Played at my best friends father's funeral. Whenever I hear it I get extremely emotional, it fit the funeral perfectly.

You and Me - Lifehouse Another funeral song, this one was played at one of my friends. She was too young to die, I can't hear this song now without getting emotional.

Rest of My Life - Unwritten Law My emo song, when I fell bad and wrong I listen to this and bathe in my own self-loathing.

Cold Hands (Warm Heart) - Brendan Benson This song summarize my first serious relationship to perfection! My god, it's amazing.

A Message - Coldplay The song I lost my virginty to, it always takes me back.

A Lifetime - Better Than Ezra This song is pretty much what happened to my friend who was killed by a drunk driver, always makes me think of her.

In This Life - Chantal Kreviazuk Describes my feelings for the first person I entered into a serious relationship with.

A Favor House Atlantic - Coheed & Cambria Me and my best friend's "song." Can't play it without thinking of him.

Time After Time - Cyndia Lauper Another funeral song, I've been to way to many for such a young kid. It's this gut wrenching feeling, and it hurts to relive it when I hear this song.

Hands Down - Dashboard Confessional The song that I listened to over and over after the first fight I had in my first serious relationship.

Changes - David Bowie Just makes me think of growing up, and my little brothers.

Disappearing World - David Gray Whenever I get sad, I listen to this. Reminds me of all the changes I'm about to go through with college, and all the things I'm going to lose.

Collide - Dishwalla Reminds me of what I think of my first serious relationship in retrospect to it being over. When we collide we lose ourselves, how true.

Girlfriend - Eve 6 I wore this song out after my first serious relationshop ended.

Dance, Dance - Fallout Boy This song ALWAYS makes me think of my best friend, he loves this song, and whenever they say love he makes the same heart that they do in the video with his fingers. Oh god.

Do You Realize? - The Flaming Lips Everything I wanted to say to my first partner. I don't think I ever did.

Say You Will - Fleetwood Mac Once again, relationship.

Overdue - The Get Up Kids More of the "all the things I wish I could have said."

Acoustic #3 - The Goo Goo Dolls My relationship with my mother, basically.

Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) - Green Day Makes me reflect on everything, and everyone that I've been fortunate enough to meet.

The Reason - Hoobastank Reminds me of meeting the person that changed my life.

Such Great Heights - Iron & Wine We used to just lie in bed together, talk, and this would play in the background. Of course now it's in an M&M commericial.

Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What a Wonderful World - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole If you don't already have this song, get it. This brings me back to childhood days long gone, and it makes me terribly depressed.

We're Going To Be Friends - Jack Johnson What a depressing song, another one of those "I miss being 5" songs.

Dark Blue - Jack's Mannequin Another one of those relationship songs. An amazing high, I miss it.

Together Forever - Jake Epstein Letting go, and moving on. It makes me emotional, it always makes me think of all the friends I've lost by moving around the country.

Life is Wonderful - Jason Mraz Another of those supposed happy songs which makes me sad. It makes me reflect on everything that I've messed up.

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley I heard there was a secret chord, that David played and it pleased the Lord, but you don't care much for music do ya? I love this song.

Just a Ride - Jem When I need to remind myself that life is just a ride, with ups and downs.

Maybe I'm Amazed - Jem My feelings before I entered into my first serious relationship. Word for word. Except the whole "maybe I'm a girl" part.

Pain - Jimmy Eat World My favorite band, this is my "I'M ANGRY" song. I like to throw things when I listen to this.

23 - Jimmy Eat World This is my favorite song in the world, go and get it. The instrumental alone is so powerful, it makes you think long and hard about your life. Then the words, it just makes me reflect on everything I've done wrong.

Almost Honest - Josh Kelly I was almost honest, but not honest enough. It destroyed us.

We're At The Top Of The World - The Juliana Theory Days in the sun with friends. Good times.

Hey Mama - Kanye West I love you mom.

Heard 'Em Say - Kanye West I love this song, it makes me think about the future, and what I've done with people in the past.

Everybody's Changing - Keane Reminds me of certain friends, I feel like they're growing up beyond me.

Andy, You're A Star - The Killers Another best friend song, when he went through some rough times this was our song.

Everything - Lifehouse Being in that moment with a person, when they're everything in the world. Wow, this song just sums it all up. Another relationship reminder.

Ashley's Kiss - Love Association That first kiss, always brings me back.

Daydream Believer - The Monkees Optimism really isn't my thing, but this reminds me of summer days with my best friends.

The Future Freaks Me Out - Motion City Soundtrack Cruising in cars with my best friends. What's up with Will and Grace?

Let's Get F'd Up And Die - Motion City Soundtrack Another best friend song, partying memories with this one.

Always Love - Nada Surf When I get furious, I listen to this to calm down. It reminds me of all the fights I've had with people over ridiculous things. Always love man, always love.

Heard the World - O.A.R. What can I do when it feels like there's no options? This song reminds me of all the times I've felt hopeless.

On Your Side - Pete Yorn Always reminds me of all the times I've wanted a fight to just be over, so we can be friends/lovers again.

California - Phantom Planet Played this during my first trip to California, won't ever forget that.

Hey There Deliliah - The Plain White T's All the ridiculous promises I've made to the ones I've loved.

Feels Like Today - Rascal Flatts You can't treat life like a photograph. This song just reminds me of great things.

Jolene - Ray LaMontagne When I mess up, I mess up. This reminds me of all those times.

Save Me - Remy Zero Oh Smallville.

You Can't Always Get What You Want - The Rolling Stones But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need. True story.

I Will Remember You - Sarah McLachlan Another funeral song. Rest in peace Caitlyn.

Have a Nice Day - Stereophonics I think I will. Good times song.

Sidewalks - Story of the Year Moving on song, leaving home for the first time kind of deal.

Hello Sunshine - Super Furry Animals Come into my life, this song is supposed to be happy, but reminds me of all the times I've lacked sunshine.

This Is Your Life - Switchfoot A song I listened to for the first time at a pivotal point in my life. It always makes me reflect on who I am, and what I actually want to be.

Speak Slow - Tegan and Sara Another relationship song. Where do we go? Where do we go?

When I Look To The Sky - Train When my brother was sent to fight overseas, this song always reminds me of the times where I was worried to death about his life.

Missing You - Tyler Hilton After the break-up, I ain't missing you at all, but it's all a lie.

You're A God - Vertical Horizon My parents, friends, amazing people.

Forever Young - Youth Group Do you really want to live forever? I'd rather be forever young.

Ok wow, I have a lot. There are dozens more, but music is really my thing, well not really, but I love it to death.

Years
    Evelyn Thomas - High Energy Often played in the Danish disco under a school party as I were a kid.

Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene 7 Got played on the radio under my skiing vacation in Norway.

Olive - You're Not Alone I heard it much on the radio under my vacation in Paris.

Yellow Magic Orchestra - Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence Got played in an outdoor cafe in Turkey under my summer vacation.

eX.A.K.R.

Slow Periods.
    Years
    No Limit - by Every Little Thing (E.L.T.): often reminds me of a particular bus ride on a sunny afternoon, with me sitting and enjoying the view from the front of the upper deck of a double-deck bus.

JIRENMA - by E.L.T.: makes me think of Pokémon XD for some odd reason.

A Song For Xx - by Hamasaki Ayumi: in my consious memory, I first heard this song after waking up from a nap in which I had a dream about Digimon. That association had struck ever since.

Mezase Pokémon Master 2002
    - by coba and Matsumoto Rika: I often see myself in a wonderfully futuristic metro station with an arched glass roof in the middle of a glistening canal in a sunny afternoon, surrounded with tradiotional Venetian buildings, some updated with futuristic glass stylings, outside.

One - by E.L.T. / Yesterday & Today - by Do As Infinity (D.A.I.): I can't help but think of Cosmo (the new chatacter in the extended Sonic X series) when I hear any of these two songs.

Tooku Made - by D.A.I. / Graceful World - by E.L.T. - For me, a vision of an open field, the Sun, and passenger airliners flying over the field are always associated with these two songs.

Real Me - by Hamasaki Ayumi: This web site; specifically, this part of the old version of the site. Maybe it's the music...

Can You Keep A Secret? - by Utada Hikaru: I often visualise a metro train ride through the city at night, or through a subway tunnel.

Bouken no Hajimari da!! - by KAORI / Secret Eyes - by SPEED: A very positive, fun feeling coupled with a sunset evening.

Hajimari no Uta - by PUFFY: The Beatles. I always think of them whenever I hear this, along with '60s rock 'n' roll. It's the music...

There are more songs that conjure up feelings, visions, or memories for me, but it is likely that you have not even heard of the singers before, so I will spare you that...

Last edited:

Ueki Kousuke

Lord of Animé
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 26, 2006
    A song that reminds me of someone... Well... The Linkin Park all songs... People who mak me depressed and angry... Linkin Park show me images when I listen to it and the person it reminds of is the me... The me I could be and not me being now...

Back