• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other hack: Sonic 2 Iota

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    The Introduction:
    This is MarineAngemon, and this will be the first hack that I am producing. I will be using quite a lot of programs for this hack, so I can edit levels, change palettes, decompression to change the font etc. I dont know about pointers and offsets yet (in hex editing) and I am studing this for future use for my hack. So allow me to reveal my hack:

Sonic 2 Iota

Hack Of: Sonic 2

Story:
    Robotnik (Eggman) escaped the destroyed Scrap Brain, only to look out for revenge on the blue hedgehog. And what better way than to find the chaos emeralds and keep them for himself for any evil use. Robotnik transforms the animals of the island into different robots e.g. Buzz Bomber, Piranhabot etc. Sonic must go through different levels and try to stop Robotnik in his tracks and protect the island. He must also collect the chaos emeralds before Robotnik has a chance to use them for himself.

Features:
    New Levels
    New Palettes
    New Modified Levels
    Longer Levels
    Tougher Boss Fights
    And many more!

Screenshots:
    Sonic 2 Iota

I cant modify the special stage itself, but I can change its color to make it look better.

Sonic 2 Iota

This one I havent really thought about. The palette is from Quartz Quadrant, but I could end up making the level into Cheese Silo or something like that, undecided about that one so far.

Sonic 2 Iota

This is Ice Palace, one of the best palettes and modifications used, but took a long time to make it. As you can see there is an added robot, the Dinobot.

Sonic 2 Iota

and last but not least, Aqua Lake. This level has the structure of Aquatic Ruin, but the palette makes the water look clear, which is what i like. The palette is different overwater as well and act 2 comes with a lot of surprises. The countdown is the same, from 5 to 0.

Downloads:

None yet.

Needed place(s):

A good Level designer

The Team:
    Only me.

Last edited:

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    Cool!
    I never knew how to hack sonic.
    I'll be sure to play this when it's done!

I don't really like the Quartz Quadrant pallette. It's weird and messy.

Oh well, good luck!

Joey the Cockroach

Years
    The Quartz Quadrant Palette does look wierd, but it wont if i decide to have quartz quadrant in place.

i have finished the palettes for each special stage apart from the last, or i could make that darker. one thing i have figured out is how to make the levels longer. I cant usually do this for any boss because i dont know the boss data as of yet. so some act 1 levels will be made longer.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    Awwww my eyes hurt...

That bright blue you're using is really hard to read... I had to highlight to read.. Please use a darker color.

Joey the Cockroach

Years
    sorry, i will make the color a bit darker.

just found the different locations in the rom for each level from where it starts to where it ends. before was only 2 levels, i have found the rest, and will be editing them.

also i forgot to mention, making the levels longer is used through Hex Editing. i can make a level longer this way without making the game unplayable. its just knowing X and Y co-ordinates and where in the rom is the level data.

i should be back with another update tomorrow.

~ Speedy Sonic

Caina

Nankurunaisa
    Years
    Nice, never thought seeing a Non-PKMN hack here, the screenies looks great! And I never knew that game could be hacked... cool! Wishing you the best of luck! Au Revoir...

Joey the Cockroach

Years
    Thanks Benevolent Wings, like i said, ice palace took the longest to make, had to change palettes, sort 8x8 tiles out and everything, took me 4 hours :\

i will get to work onto Ice Palace 1 and 2, and the boss is the same as Mystic Cave, but like I said, it will be harder and you will have to hit him more times than usual.

UPDATE: 2 zones have been added, and 3 have been yet to modify. this includes screenshot #2, which is Wood Zone with a Quartz Quadrant Palette. the other 2 come after Metropolis, where one is a modification and the other is an added level.

some of the special stage palettes look great, played them in the emu, and my favourites (i think) are stage 1 and 6.

I think that this is the first Non Pokemon Hack here, im not sure.

~ Speedy Sonic

Juansito

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2008
    It's cool that your not hacking a Pokemon. But I don't think alot of people will want to download this. I have trouble finding older ROMs.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    It's cool that your not hacking a Pokemon. But I don't think alot of people will want to download this. I have trouble finding older ROMs.

Same here. It is difficult to find them anywhere. Just remember that Sega Genesis is .smd and the best emulator is GENS. I am not sure what console this hack is on as Sonic 2 was also on the Sega Master system

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2013
    as long as I know what system this was sposed to be on, I'm downloading this. Sonic 2 was one of my favorite games.

Joey the Cockroach

Years
    This is Sonic 2 for the genesis. this Sonic 2 is done with a .bin file as you can't hack .smd's, they have to be converted into .bin. also the roms arent hard to find.

anyway

NEW UPDATE: finished Ice Palace Act 1, now moving onto Ice Palace Act 2. this should take a very long time to do.

Oil Ocean is now going to be a modified level, with the oil being lava. the level will be a lot different.

@ CrazyLuigi: i started this when i had seen Hidden Palace on Sonic 2. Sonic 2 was my favourite game also, its on the Genesis.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    This is pretty cool, a Sonic hack, huh? The second screenshot looks pretty glitched, but it's a great idea to add some originality to this forum.
    Keep it up!

Joey the Cockroach

Years
    Thanks Duckdavis and EsMaS, i will do my best

With Ice Palace Act 1, i forgot to input the rest of the objects for the level, so i will have to go back and go through it again, some of the objects are hard to place in correctly. after this i will be working on Ice Palace Act 2 again.

i also gave Special Stage 7 a darker palette. i will be back with another update tomorrow.

~ Speedy Sonic

Joey the Cockroach

Years
    The support banner is now up for you guys. it is currently in my sig.

UPDATE: The whole of Ice Palace 2 is done, and objects have been successfully put in the correct place.

i will start to work on Giga City (which will be like Chemical Plant) which comes after Genocide City.

still undecided about the zone with Quartz Quadrant palette, but i could make it into QQZ or possibly sonic 3d's Spring stadium. what do you think?

~Speedy Sonic

Last edited:
    Back