• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sonic and the black night.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Hmm what a wonderful title. What im really not happy is that sonic would stoop this low. Why do i say that? Look at this pic and laugh. A wii exclusive they say it is. Hmm a wii exclusive sure but an exclusive piece of crud.
    Sonic and the black night.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Why does Sonic need a sword? What's wrong with his good old spin attack? Sonic just seems to go lower and lower.

Seconded. He has his spin attack and homing attack, there's just no reason to give him a sword, or any other weapon.

I really agree that Sonic should stick to his 2D roots and stay there! Speaking of which, I hope "Sonic Unleashed" is good.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Oh this aint. Look at the features and details list so fare and be amazed.
    ::::::::::::::::
    - same dev team as Secret Rings

- �This time, a sorceress named Merlina summons Sonic to the mythical realm of King Arthur, but it seems the fabled monarch has somehow been corrupted and now rules the land as the tyranical Black Knight.�

- storybook telling like Secret Rings

- �As Sonic runs along, a simple flick of the Wii remote will execute a basic slash, which is enough to dispatch most low-level grunts.�

- thrust, parry, and buzz-saw-like moves for the sword

- �During our demo, we saw the hedgehog leap from a high precipice, then thrust the blade into a wall to slow his decent, sparks flying impressively as steel cut through brick.�

- �Combat is integrated in such a way that most of the time you can slice through any who stand in your path without even slowing down.�

- Control Sonic via joystick

- �Our hero begins his quest as a mere knave. Only by becoming a full-fledged knight will he have any hope of defeating King Arthur.�

- �his sword, a talking blade named Calibur, serves as a mentor.�

- �If you help civilian townfolk in need of assistance, you�ll earn points toward knighthood. If you smite one of those civilians, your reputation will take a hit.�

- �At the end of each stage, the game tallies your good and not-so-good deeds and updates your rank accordingly.�

- �Sonic can aquire everything from gauntlets to magical tomes to new swords, and when equipped, each article bestows him with a unique benefit.�

- �On the audio side, veteran composer Jen Senoue is taking a smiliar approach, injecting familiar Sonic themes with a Celtic flavor.�

- Magic used to give Sonic extra powers. It looks as if Choas float around Sonic when magic is used

- 200 items, some can be combined with others

- go online to trade items

- Rings no longer appear in computer monitors, but instead, sacks

- skill system from Secret Rings returns, but it will not interrupt the gameplay

- mission structure returns

- �Each stage has multiple branching paths and searching for townsfolk and treasure chests provides an element of exploration that recalls Sonic�s early Genesis days.�

- �The camera will occasionally pan to a side-scrolling perspective for a quick dose of classic 2-D action.�

- �And there will be no dinosaur eggs!�

- �When people see that Sonic is wielding a sword, they�ll probably have certain expectations of the multiplayer mode. And all I can say is that we�re thinking along those same lines.�

- �Just as they subbed in for such characters as Ali Baba and Aladdin in Sonic and the Secret Rings, a number of familiar faces will assume Arthurian personas in SBK.�

- �This time, however, some of Sonic�s friends will be playable. Each hero will boast unique abilities, and though the team isn�t ready to divulge the full cast just yet, we do know the identities of two playable comrades: Knuckles, who brandishes two swords at once, and Shadow.�

- there will be other characters, but you don�t have to play as them if you don�t want

- �While the old gauges from Secret Rings are gone, a new special gauge will �bestow him with similarly impressive powers. The meter fills gradually whenever Sonic vanquishes an enemy or snags a purple elemental, and when it reaches a certain point you can unleash a powerful combination attack capable of tearing through multiple foes in quick succession. You simply press the B button to lock onto the nearest enemy, flick the remote to strike him down, then press B again to move onto the next unfortunate soul. If you chain together enough smitings before the gauge is depleted, Sonic will receive a speed burst at the end of the string.�

- �the team behind Sonic and the Black Knight is keenly aware of the franchise�s past missteps, and their enthusiasm for doing right by the series is infections.�

D-puff

Wooper Expert
    Years
    All i can hope is that instead of absolutly bombing, its like a sonic/zelda hybrid. Though it would be a huge stretch, i think it would be an interesting experience. Though i highly doubt thats gonna happen; all i imagine is "shadow the heghegehog with swords". Though i didnt mind shadow, i cant see another game like it. I honestly dont think sonic should go in any direction but sonic adventure/2 style gameplay (which they havnt done well since sonic adventure 2) and sonic genises gameplay. Though i am looking forward to sonic chronicles...

Years
    All I can say to you, Sonic, is if you're trying to look like Link you better be doing it right. Though the not-so-creative names of Merlina and Calibur and the fact that they're going to mess with the camera and gauges again are making me nervous.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Makes sense really, combining a sword with his immense speed, even though it's very un-sonic-like... Think about it though, this is another franchise with a tendancy to repeat itself over and over so why not change something every now and then? But yeah, they could've come up with something better than a sword...

I have also yet to see something from Japan not wielding an impossibly large sword (it'd be fair-do if that thing was two-handed, but no...) -_-

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    All I've got to say is... Sonic games has pretty much been going down hill for ages now. They forget what Sonic was built on, going fast.... Now it's all about platforming, guns, swords, and all of that. I mean look, Sonic now has a friggen sword.... come on.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Finally sweeties, a true sequel to Shadow the Hedgehog! =D I can sense this game is going to be really good for it has one thing the other 3D Sonic games didn't, a sword! The other post-Dreamcast Sonic games didn't have a sword and they failed horribly, so OBVIOUSLY this Sonic game will be great. =D

I can already see the dialog too, sweeties! =3

Sonic: Now stand aside, worthy adversary.
    The Black Knight: 'Tis but a scratch.
    Sonic: A scratch?! Your arm's off.
    The Black Knight: No it isn't.
    Sonic: Then what's that then.
    The Black Knight: I've had worse.

I can smell the next killer app for the Wii! =D Sega has really out did themselves! ^^ Bravo!

Spoiler:

MaxEx2

Freelancer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2009
    OMG a Monty Python reference, how clever![/sarcasm]

Anyway, I think that the Sonic games on the Wii have actually been a big step up for the disaster that was Sonic The Hedgehog on the 360 and PS3.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Control Sonic via joystick

Thank God. The control scheme for Secret Rings made me want to barf.

As for the sword thing, let's all think about this before we blow our tops. You hold a nunchuk in your left hand, and use it to control a raging ball of blue fur as he careens unstoppably through a level. Now: while Sonic is blowing through said area, and as you're trying to keep him going as fast as possible, what is your right hand doing? It's wielding a controller that has been proven to work very well while being used to control a bladed weapon. Combine that with the new MotionPlus Controller Addon that Nintendo is coming out with, and what do you have? An utterly precise slash-fest moving at roughly the speed of sound.

When it comes out, I'll do a bit of research, but this is looking promising.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!ONE!!! !!!!!!ELEVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

*bangs head against computer desk several times at speeds even Sonic can't match*

......Ahem, just when I thought the Secret Rings stupidity was over, it gets 1-upped.....SONIC DOES NOT NEED A DAMN FRICKING SWORD!!!!!!!!

My Sonic Crew-mates on Newgrounds must be preparing nooses for themselves as I speak........either that, or plotting a mass killing spree directed at Sonic Team HQ........

I have to wonder how much of this $#!% Yuji Naka will put up with before he does the deed himself.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    *bangs head against computer desk several times at speeds even Sonic can't match*

......Ahem, just when I thought the Secret Rings stupidity was over, it gets 1-upped.....SONIC DOES NOT NEED A DAMN FRICKING SWORD!!!!!!!!

My Sonic Crew-mates on Newgrounds must be preparing nooses for themselves as I speak........either that, or plotting a mass killing spree directed at Sonic Team HQ........

I have to wonder how much of this $#!% Yuji Naka will put up with before he does the deed himself.

^How not to react to Sonic getting a sword. Let's not make a big deal out of nothing, folks. We haven't even seen the game yet.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I can just see the headlines now. 'Sonic is in the next Zelda game.'

I haven't laughed this hard since someone here tried to convince me that FLCL was a coming of age story.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Intelligence strikes again. Let's at least see some gameplay first before we start writing this off.

Do we really need to, sweetie? Look at exhibit A. Okie it might not be that bad, it just showing a sign of slippage. but look at exhibit B.

I'm pretty sure exhibit B just destroyed all Sonic's credibility and gives us the right to be skeptical, sweetie.

But then it might be good, it might not be. I'll be with the group saying that's saying the game sucks before playing it. XD Sonic Unleashed is a different story... XD

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Can i just ask something? Out of curiousity of course did anyone read that giant list of text justyifing that its a secret ring sequel?! Now shadow migght be in along with nuckles but hey only as a side character! And the sword talks. End of story.

Back