• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    So, it came out just a few days ago in some countries (You lucky Aussies, you >.<), and it'll be out here in America tomorrow... (though, there was a pre-release party in New York I believe... yesterday?)

To those whom already have it:

Is it good? (I mean, it's BIOWARE and Sonic, but still.)

How long do you think it will last me? (I need something to hold me over until America gets Pokémon Platinum)

Last edited:

lordbahamut

Nyuuu~! Perfect Apple!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    Did you read some reviews online? So far, it gets average scores. Like 6/10 on average. They say it's a OK game, but not the best game created. I'm not a big fan of Sonic, so I'll pass for now.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I've played previous games where Sonic has tried to take an RPG appearance and although they're not the greatest, I found them enjoyable. If Disgaea and Kirby aren't in stock for some reason, I'll definitely pick this up.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I thought it was a 7/10... oh well w/e I think its gonna be an awesome rpg game!!! I can't wait until I get my hands on it! =D

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    i'm getting it too, but not the day it's coming out, cuz my mom won't let me (its my money!!!). i rated it a 9/10. Bioware's official site helped with that rating. in the new issue of Nintendo Power, they said one of the writers got it, and that it will only last about 15-20 hrs, but that's if you're just going through the game, not with the inclusion of goofing off (which is what i tend to do on most games). did you see the commercial on it?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Did you read some reviews online? So far, it gets average scores. Like 6/10 on average. They say it's a OK game, but not the best game created. I'm not a big fan of Sonic, so I'll pass for now.

That's probably a better sign than you think.

I'm gonna give you some advice. Never trust official reviews. Alot of reviewers in magazines and on TV don't even play the games they review. They review HUNDREDS of games a month. There is no way they have enough time to play through that many games significantly enough to give an accurate review. Most of the reviews are written by editors and then handed off to the reviewers, who post them or do segments on them. In other words, they might as well be saying, 'I don't like the game because HE or SHE doesn't like it.'.

Not to mention magazine or TV reviews are some of the most biased reviews on the planet. No joke. PLAY Magazine, for instance will shoot down any game because it doesn't feature next-gen graphics. Even if the game is really good and graphics aren't the point of it. They gave Disgaea a bad review because of the graphics. Disgaea, the king of tactics RPGs! That's like giving Final Fantasy a bad review just because it isn't the last game in the series.

Nintendo Power, XBox, and Playstation are all biased toward their own products. Seriously, why would they in their right minds give their own stuff bad reviews? They wouldn't. But third party games are always going to be talked down in magazines like that, unless it's a Square-Enix game. Crystal Chronicles got good reviews all over the place, but that game was horrible. And I heard the sequel isn't much better either. More examples of inaccurate reviews.

The reviews you WANT to trust are ones you find in forums or at Gamefaqs. The less formal ones. Those are usually way more accurate as it is.

So what about me? Well, I plan on getting it. So I'll probably have some kind of review later on after it comes out (once I get my next paycheck), just to throw something out there on it.

And yes, they're saying 20 hours if you get everything. That's pretty normal for a BioWare game.

Last edited:

lordbahamut

Nyuuu~! Perfect Apple!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    I'll do that, SBaby. I guess you're right, Gamefaqs is way better to read better reviews made by TRUE fans if the games. ;)

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    hm... So it's not gonna last me more than a few weeks, then...?

Well, I figure something out...

That's the only drawback. BioWare has a nasty habit of making short RPGs. But they also tend to make RPGs that have alot of random factors involved in them. They're not always straightforward. Alot of times, you get really good stuff by chance.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I just started the game yesterday and I'm about half way through the game but I'm enjoying it. =)

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    Started the game two days ago.. It's not bad, it's pretty good! I'd rate it a 7/10.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I finally finished the game. =D

I can't say I'll ever play it again but it was a decent game overall.

Back