• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sonic Generations

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
    Years
    I just watched the trailer for the new Sonic game and it looks better than colors....
    So In it I guess thet the present-day Sonic has just beaten Dr, Eggman again.
    And The Dr, states something like : Curse you Hedgehog! If i could go back in time i would make it so you wouldent have gotton in my way that time ago!
    Sonic: Eggman, when are you ever gonna learn? No matter what time your in, I'll always stop you.

then Eggman makes a new machine that can send his new robots through time to take over every thing in that time and then teams up with that time's Robotnick/Vilian

Meinwhile in the present Tails has made an alternate machine to counter act Eggman's and screws up time causing the old sonic and friends to appear in the time screwed world.
    What do u think that Generations' Storyline is?

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    WAY PAST COOL

I don't know what the storyline would be like.. I don't really play for the story but to run super fast, enjoy the scenery, and do some platforming. Based on the screenshots, Sega appears to be heading in this direction! I'm so happy to have bought the PS3 this year. :3

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    As great as it seems I probably won't be able to play it as I don't have any of the platforms it will be going too, as I only have mostly Nintendo consoles. xD Though, at least we'll get Sonic 3D. :3

Years
    Unnecessary.

The game is pretty, but that's about the only appeal. Still bad level designs. Yeah, I've only seen one of them, but it's clear from it that they aren't bothering to try harder in that aspect.

But as I said, the game is pretty. Gonna be using this for a while.

Cool story, bro. Mind linking me to the vid you were watching'? It certainly wasn't Sonic Generations if you saw bad level design. Because, dude, levels that flow like ocean are awesome.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    WAY PAST COOL

I don't know what the storyline would be like.. I don't really play for the story but to run super fast, enjoy the scenery, and do some platforming. Based on the screenshots, Sega appears to be heading in this direction! I'm so happy to have bought the PS3 this year. :3

^Same.

I don't really care about story, but action. If it has great action (like all Sonic Games do), then I'm up for it.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
    I'm trying so hard not to get really excited for this game. The last Sonic game I properly liked (That I own) was Sonic Heroes (Haters gonna hate)

Putting Classic Sonic in here is a bold move, hopefully it'll live up expectations (If any). As for story, on the front it may seem different, but I bet the Chaos Emeralds will be involved somewhere.

inb4SuperSonicFinalLevel

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
    Years
    But there has been no conformation that there will be 2 Supers in the game because of certion resions and mabye Sega has finnaly learned it's lession but they might have copied off of something else

*Link removed: No URL's to downloading ROMs*

Apperently this game had two of it's main hero in the same game, but Sega made it better by macking bothe of them play able unlike this one.

I'm trying so hard not to get really excited for this game. The last Sonic game I properly liked (That I own) was Sonic Heroes (Haters gonna hate)

Putting Classic Sonic in here is a bold move, hopefully it'll live up expectations (If any). As for story, on the front it may seem different, but I bet the Chaos Emeralds will be involved somewhere.

inb4SuperSonicFinalLevel

Yeah Heroes was good and with the rumors that at leaast 1 stage from all of the sonic games will be remade for each character i think that things will look good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    WAY PAST COOL

This, this this!

I've never really cared too much for the storyline in most Sonic games, and really went on with the levels and stages. n_n With Sonic Generations, I'd only hope for it to be one of the best games Sega has made for Sonic, if not only out of the recent ones that have came out. Pretty excited though, there's a chance I'll get this game. :>

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
    Years
    the game comes out December + if u go to youtube and you search for Sonic Generations OST dont it's all fake music.
    but they all sound good but kinda depressing

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Two radical games in one!

Do you want to hold right to win OR hold up and occasionally hit a QTE to win!?

also sonic storylines are everything that is wrong with sonic games and nobody should ever speculate on one

Samari45

Rookie Monotyper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2015
    From what I've heard and seen I'm kind of excited. Though I'm trying not get my hopes up too high just in case. Is Sega still doing the second episode of Sonic 4?

TwilightBlade

Years
    the game comes out December + if u go to youtube and you search for Sonic Generations OST dont it's all fake music.
    but they all sound good but kinda depressing
    Here could be one hint at Sonic Generation's OST.
    Silver's Theme from Sonic 2006, Dreams of an Absolution, is being remade by the original artist: New song version starts around 3:13
    Although I am not too interested in Silver as a character, I'm liking this newer version. Would Sega really add some levels from the cursed Sonic 2006..?

edit: hint at sonic generations theme song, or at least full version of trailer song!

From what I've heard and seen I'm kind of excited. Though I'm trying not get my hopes up too high just in case. Is Sega still doing the second episode of Sonic 4?
    Sonic 4 was not necessarily going to represent Genesis gameplay.. I still consider Sonic 4 as fanservice while Sonic Generations is the real prize. I... wouldn't be surprised nor disappointed if Sonic 4 were scrapped. Since its inception, Sonic Generations is supposed to emphasize much more Genesis gameplay in the form of Classic Sonic.

Check the gameplay videos in the article linked... Pretty amazing. I'm such a modern Sonic nut but I'm preferring the cutie Classic Sonic. I've had enough of boost, quick step, and awkward homing attack sequences... The only downside is that if you watch the loading screen, it's 16 seconds nooo. I can wait for this, as long as they continue to improve it. :)

Last edited:

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Cool story, bro. Mind linking me to the vid you were watching'? It certainly wasn't Sonic Generations if you saw bad level design. Because, dude, levels that flow like ocean are awesome.

The ocean doesn't have springs guide it to the end signpost. Real level design doesn't just take you to the end of the game, there are supposed to be hurdles to overcome. And no, the occasional floating platform doesn't cut it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    I would think the story line would probably be about classic Sonic and modern Sonic, So far I've seen is that the trailer(s) just express the difference between modern Sonic and classic Sonic and how the green hill zone would be like in the game.

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
    Years
    Answer For Storyline

I would think the story line would probably be about classic Sonic and modern Sonic, So far I've seen is that the trailer(s) just express the difference between modern Sonic and classic Sonic and how the green hill zone would be like in the game.

In Sonic Generations Modern Sonic (and his co-stars) must team up with his 14 year old Classic Self to stop this mysterious villian. (may not be Eggman but he might have something to do with it and his Classic(Dr. Robotnick) self too)

This villian is using "time holes" to mess with time (any one want to take a guess at who it is...... Mephiles The Dark mabye?) and caused the past and present to coesist in one time. Look's like an epic story to me.

Here could be one hint at Sonic Generation's OST.
    Silver's Theme from Sonic 2006, Dreams of an Absolution, is being remade by the original artist: New song version starts around 3:13
    Although I am not too interested in Silver as a character, I'm liking this newer version. Would Sega really add some levels from the cursed Sonic 2006..?

edit: hint at sonic generations theme song, or at least full version of trailer song!

Ok um i think that the game's album might have the remade version of All the themes i guess to celebrate the 20th as bonous tracks.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

Years
    Massive update, guys! This month's Nintendo Power issue features some massive tidbits on Sonic Generations. Check out the article + scans at The Sonic Stadium.

Notable content concerning plot and development:

Spoiler:

Well, that's enough summarizing.. Read it for yourself! Sounds neat, which would you get?

There's a little bit more plot than we assumed. Also, the article implies that developers are more focused on the experience than the plot.

I don't believe that all theses will be remastered. They can't stuff every zone, even if they have divvied it up between handheld and console editions. Maybe as a separate soundtrack...

Back