• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sonic Mania

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
  • I know it's all meant to be fanservice to the fans of old, but the game just feels kind of cheap with the Genesis visuals. I mean, they could have gone in the Generations art direction, or I don't know, made the game HD with more detailed sprites? At least it will be a fun game if they don't copy cheap enemy placement.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • The thing is, too, is they're having the same guy and team that did the excellent Sonic CD XBLA and IOS ports and awesome Sonic 1 and 2 iOS ports. Before these guys were doing stuff like this, they were making Sonic fan games (Christian Whitehead was working on a game called Retro Sonic Nexus before deciding to pitch the idea of a new Sonic CD port to Sega). They were actually on the Sonic Retro forum back in the day, which is essentially the Sonic equivalent of PC. This game is in good hands and I am extremely excited for it!

Last edited:
    Back