• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sonic The Hedgehog (SegaMegaDrive/Genesis)

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    I know you all love it!

especially the retro games...

for those who dont know, they can be downloaded over the Xbox live marketplace;1600 points for 1,2,3 and S&K.

what did you like and dislike about them?

like: all the retro music, was somehow astonishingly awesome, so awesome that i downloaded the soundtracks and listen to them often!.

dislike: the first was too short, but hey for a 16bit cartridge it wasnt hlaf bad.
    As much as i likeed the underwater, i hated Labyrinth zone!.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    A retro Sonic discussion count me in.

I loved all the music from everyone of the retro Sonic games as well, some more than others. The music fron the stage that started it all is also refreshing and nostalgic as well. I also loved how you had to earn speed. You had to dodge and jump to keep the pace going unlike most 3d Sonic games were its just about speed. Sega also knew how to screw you over with there enemy and trap placements as well. Also collecting the chaos emeralds in the special stages were really fun and frustrating. I liked the one special stages from Sonic 2 and 3 more than I did 1 though.

What I didn't like, well what was frustrating, was starting back from the beggining once you lost D:. That really grinded my gears especially being a 5 year old who doesn't know how to play well. But that was also a good part because the games were short sadly.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    The first two games have good soundtracks.

Otherwise I'm not really fond of the series. Not the greatest platformers around.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    I enjoyed the Genesis versions better than the Mega Drive version. I can't even beat the first boss in the MD second one.

...You are aware that the Genesis and Mega Drive are the same console, right? Do you mean Master System?

Anyways yes, GOTY all years. Like better than Pokemon. As already said, the music was AMAZING. Not really fond of Sonic 1 because it never made up for the PAL 50Hz thing (though it did come with it's benefits), but I adore Sonic 2. S3K is amazing as well.

The greatest platformers around.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    Sonic 1 is waaaaaaaaaaaay overrated.

Just put that money to getting Sonic 3.

If you have more money left over get Sonic & Knuckles and you can get, effectively, one of the greatest Sonic games of all time.

Sonic The Hedgehog (SegaMegaDrive/Genesis)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Back