• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sonic Unleashed - Werehog Sucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
  • I keep hearing it, the were hog sucks, I hear it over and over again,' He's too slow, beat em ups don't belong in sonic games. We want more Sonic in daytime.' Now my comeback is, if you hate the Were-Hog and you played and like Sonic Adventure 2, then you are making a clear contradiction! In SA2 the game was split into not 50-50 like Unleashed, it was split into 3rds! You'd get less time playing as Sonic or Shadow and more time playing as Rouge, Knuckles, Tails or Eggman's stages then playing the whole reason you bought the game! Another thing, if you say the were-hog is slow and it sucks, and you like Adventure 2, guess what, that's another contradiction! Compare the Were-Hog's feral movements to how slow Tails and Eggman move in their walkers. It's a five minute stage at MINIMUM! Then you go the Rouge or Knuckles stage and that's another 10 minutes. Then you probably have to play as Tails or Knuckles again and that's another 5-10 minutes. It could take up to 25 minutes before you get to play as Sonic or Shadow. So before you yell at Unleashed, yell at Adventure 2 first for having that flaw TIMES 3! Disagree, prove me wrong, this is all making sense to me! So go ahead, call me a World Adventure fan, I don't care! If you like playing as Rouge, Knuckles, Tails or Eggman, and you hate the Were-Hog you are contradicting what you just said!

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
  • What if you don't like the Were-Hog because it seems like it was forced on you and kinda random? Can't really compare Sonic randomly getting beastly to other characters in the franchise who just so happen not to have super speed. Just an ideal I have, haven't actually played Sonic Unleashed myself but do adore Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

EDIT
    the were-hog is sonic being a copycat to link.
    I always saw the Were-Hog as a God of War rip-off, Shadow the Hedgehog (the game) being a rip of GTA, and the next Sonic game (w/ Black Knight) to be a rip of anything w/ a sword...maybe Link.

----------------
    Listening to: Fonzworth Bentley; Kanye West; Andre 3000; Sa-Ra - Everybody
    via FoxyTunes

Last edited:

Game Master

Pokemon:Battle of the Elements
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2009
    How can werehog suck? He made the game worth playing!

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • I wish people would stop judging Sonic games based on originality and realize everything is a rip off of something these days. These games that Sonic is "ripped off" from where almost certainly ripped off of something else. There is no such thing as new ideas, but instead ideas that are recycled and executed differently.

Last edited:

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    How does this game suck? I never heard anyone saying its a bad game yet or a werehog sucks... I actually think this this game is way better than secret of rings and the gameplay/story is fun! ;]

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
  • I wish people would stop judging Sonic games based on originality and realize everything is a rip off of something these days. These games that Sonic is "ripped off" from where almost certainly ripped off of something else. There is no such thing as new ideas, but instead ideas that are recycled and executed differently.

Not really basing Sonic games on originality, it's more they are literally trying to copy other games for no reason. It's basically impossible to say SonicTeam weren't trying to rip-off GTA. Their is no reason a super fast hedgehog needs to steal vehicles and use guns. After Shadow the Hedgehog, that's when people started comparing all Sonic games to others. So I guess SonicTeam tries to recycle ideas but throw Sonic in them..and it almost never works...from all the videos I've seen the day levels of Sonic Unleashed look really fun, but the Were-Hog stages look kinda random and not as fun.

How does this game suck? I never heard anyone saying its a bad game yet or a werehog sucks... I actually think this this game is way better than secret of rings and the gameplay/story is fun! ;]

Odd, I've heard the game called half win, half BS. Reviewers usually say the day stages are the best and really fun, but the night stages are sluggish and not Sonic-like. Just what I've heard, not like I agree since I've never played the game.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • Odd, I've heard the game called half win, half BS. Reviewers usually say the day stages are the best and really fun, but the night stages are sluggish and not Sonic-like. Just what I've heard, not like I agree since I've never played the game.

That is the whole point I made this thread! IGN and Gametrailer's reviews! They hate the were-hog but my theory is right there.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    the were-hog is sonic being a copycat to link.

That seems very true.
    Twilight Princess, and Link's wolf tranformation was the first thing that came to mind when I saw Sonic transform during the game's commericial.

Really, everyone has their own opinion, so you can't get mad at them for that.. Myself, I liked Link turning into a wolf, and the concept of Sonic transforming seemed cool, as well. But some people hate the idea, for both TP, and SU.. so, to each their own.

But I figured alot of people would complain about the 'were-hedgehog', just because it was different, and random.. same as people complaining about Link.

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
    Years
  • sonic used to be so good... now they are jst running out of ideas and pulling stuff out of their asses

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • OBJECTION!

Cadet Falcon, your argument seems solid... but it contains one fatal flaw!

NOBODY LIKED THE TAILS/EGGMAN/KNUCKLES/ROUGE STAGES IN SA2. The only reason people (myself included) liked SA2 was because the Sonic/ Shadow levels almost made up for those other lame levels.

Personally, I haven't played Unleashed yet. But from the trailers that I've seen, it looks just as bad as Sonic 06 (the daytime levels. Don't get me started on the werehog crap). However, I've decided to at least reserve my judgment until trying the game out, considering the fact that it's actually regarded as decent (an amazing feat for Sonic Team these days).

Oh, and to those complaining of Sonic's lack of originality: stop that. If it helps Sonic Team actually make Sonic not suck horribly, then I'm all for it.

jane18

O n e A n d O n l y!!
    Years
  • All the sonic games are good and the werehog looks awesome, i think it made it a good ganm bcoz it was different what they did and plus the other sonic games where always slightly the same, but all im gonna say, if your a sonic fan you should like all the sonic games no matter what!!!

Last edited:

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Luckily for me, I am a great fan of randomly beating things up for no reason, so for me the Werehog wasn't that bad. To be honest, if you've played a bunch of Sonic games, it's not bad to try something different for a change. The only problem I have with the Werehog is that it doesn't make any sense.

He get's zapped and the the world falls to pieces... not get bitten by a Werewolf or something. There wasn't even a wolf in the scene where he was transformed! Now if they had made Dark Gaia more savage and wolf like, that would of been better.

To be honest, I prefer day-time stages, but the night stages with the Werehog aren't bad, and there quite good. SA2B was a lot more annoying with Knuckles and Rogue in my opinion.

The game also has Chip, which makes the game more child-friendly (which Sonic is supposed to be) and occasionally makes me laugh, though he can get annoying at times.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    99% of people saying Werehog sucked would be saying how great the night stages were if they put Knuckles in instead of the Werehog. Seriously, people like to keep to the same things, so when it's SONIC that does this, it's considered horrible and uncreative. People don't understand that Sonic is SUPPOSED to turn into different things, as this is a curse and lot's of people don't understand the transformation to different moves. In my opinion, the Werehog is CAN be fast, if you move him into dash.

Random Fact: Did you know that Were-Wolf means Half-Man Half-Wolf, so Werehog means Half Man Half Hog.

Years
  • Some Werehog levels annoying, especially when you see a huge jump that takes a year to reach.

If it had more logic and his stretchy arms could be used anywhere it'd solve alot but the truth is the werehog levels get boring after a while and there is way too many of them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back