• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sonic Unleashed - Werehog Sucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
  • 99% of people saying Werehog sucked would be saying how great the night stages were if they put Knuckles in instead of the Werehog.

Stopped reading right here. Just because Knuckles is cooler than Sonic doesn't mean that putting him in a segment that plays like crap will make it any better.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Regardless of the character, the Werehog sucks.

Plus, comparing Unleashed to SA2 is just retarded, seeing as the types of gameplay in SA2 were actually good. In Unleashed, this was just a simple excuse for not having Sonic run around all the time.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Stopped reading right here. Just because Knuckles is cooler than Sonic doesn't mean that putting him in a segment that plays like crap will make it any better.
    You should of read it ALL. If you had, you'd of read that I disagreed with them and the reason they thought it. I know some stuff about the human mind because my mum is a psychologist.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • You should of read it ALL. If you had, you'd of read that I disagreed with them and the reason they thought it.

And had you read my post at all, you'd know I was saying that you were wrong for thinking that other people would like Werehog segments if they had Knuckles.

I know some stuff about the human mind because my mum is a psychologist.

OH SNAP, WE GOTS US A MASTER PSYCHO-ANALYSIZER IN HERE. IT'S LIKE HE CAN READ MY MIIIIIIIIIND.

Harry Blue5

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Actually, a lot of people would of like the game better if they had put Knuckles, thought the 99% may of been a tincy-wincy bit over re-acting. And no, I did not inherit any of my mum's psychologist powers, but I grew up LIVING with her. My mum was very 'loving'. So she tried to teach me a lot more than my father.

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • Actually, a lot of people would of like the game better if they had put Knuckles,

NO god just no.
    Enough of Sonic's friends. Enough of 'complex' storylines. Enough of mutations.
    When will Sonic Team learn that all we want is a Sonic game... with just speed, loopings, Sonic, rings, Robotnik and Chaos Emeralds? Is it that hard to make?

Harry Blue5

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I said like the game BETTER. The word 'better' changes the sentences word completely. A lot of complaints about the Werehog is that it's unoriginal and when people see a character who is Sonic, they want him to be the Sonic moveset that people are used to. People like what there used to, take it when the Pokémon voices first changed. I went so far to say that they sounded like they were on drugs and stuff. After watching it for a while I completely forgot about the voices.

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • It doesn't matter if the 'Werehog sections' were 'Knuckles sections'.

What sucks about the Werehog isn't the fact that it's Sonic... not being Sonic. It's the fact that their gameplay is flawed and boring. Knuckles wouldn't fix this.

Harry Blue5

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I know he wouldn't of fixed this, but some people would lke it SLIGHTLY better if it were him because the plot would actually make some sense. He got hit my ray by Eggman, sure it could tranform him, but into a Werehog?And to make him return normal at sun? How about this: Having him thrown out and weakened by the ray, he then sees Knuckles near him. Makes a lot more sense that the 'Werehog' story, though it would seem stupid the way he conviently showed up at that moment.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Your point, Harry? I'd like Sonic games slightly better if every line of Eggman's dialogue was replaced with PINGAS. It still doesn't make a difference, and at the end of the day, the game is still just as shallow as it was before.

Also, >discussing plot in a Sonic game.
    *gigglesnort*

Harryblue5, airconditioning would you quit fighting, we're discussing about the were-hog!

What do you think we're doing right now?

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Actually, a lot of people would of like the game better if they had put Knuckles, thought the 99% may of been a tincy-wincy bit over re-acting. And no, I did not inherit any of my mum's psychologist powers, but I grew up LIVING with her. My mum was very 'loving'. So she tried to teach me a lot more than my father.

Sorry to break it to ya, but there's no such thing as "psychologist powers".

There is a thing, however, called ignorance.

Must be bliss, though, right?

Harry Blue5

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Okay, when I said Psychologist, who thought I was talking about fortune tellers? A psychologist is someone with high degree who (in my mum's case) visits schools and helps children who are struggling there. People who are dyslexic, have mental problems, get expelled all the time, etc.

Anyone, stop talking about my mum. This topic was about Werehog, not my mum.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2008
    I keep hearing it, the were hog sucks, I hear it over and over again,' He's too slow, beat em ups don't belong in sonic games. We want more Sonic in daytime.' Now my comeback is, if you hate the Were-Hog and you played and like Sonic Adventure 2, then you are making a clear contradiction! In SA2 the game was split into not 50-50 like Unleashed, it was split into 3rds! You'd get less time playing as Sonic or Shadow and more time playing as Rouge, Knuckles, Tails or Eggman's stages then playing the whole reason you bought the game! Another thing, if you say the were-hog is slow and it sucks, and you like Adventure 2, guess what, that's another contradiction! Compare the Were-Hog's feral movements to how slow Tails and Eggman move in their walkers. It's a five minute stage at MINIMUM! Then you go the Rouge or Knuckles stage and that's another 10 minutes. Then you probably have to play as Tails or Knuckles again and that's another 5-10 minutes. It could take up to 25 minutes before you get to play as Sonic or Shadow. So before you yell at Unleashed, yell at Adventure 2 first for having that flaw TIMES 3! Disagree, prove me wrong, this is all making sense to me! So go ahead, call me a World Adventure fan, I don't care! If you like playing as Rouge, Knuckles, Tails or Eggman, and you hate the Were-Hog you are contradicting what you just said!

There is one major flaw in your sad attempt at an argument; the non-Sonic missions in SA2 weren't actually decent. They weren't totally repetitive, sluggish, and downright boring. Granted the missions in SA2 got annoying (especially Rouge's and Knuckles') but at least they added some variety. In the Werehog missions it's always the same thing.

The Sonic Team most definitely improved with the day time Sonic missions. They are IMO much more faster and exciting than in the past games, actually reminds me much of Sonic at his prime. (Sega Genesis FTW!) Quite honestly they could've made the whole game with just that and I wish they would have.

Really, the Werehog was okay for the first 2 missions but then I realized "this is all he does?" So now I just let my little brother play all of the stressing Werehod missions and I snatch the controller up when I finally get the play some classic Sonic zones (which is too freakin' rare)

So no, there are no contradictions child.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014
    Sorry to reply to such an old topic (really REALLY old) but I came accross this, and I had to reply. I personally think the Werehog was a terrible concept because he was way too slow and controlled like garbage. I had fun with the Day stages, but I found myself throwing my controller way too many times in the Night stages.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back