• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sorry, force of habit.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
  • Do you have an bad or unpleasant habits that you just can't snap out of? Maybe some that are good? :D

As for myself @-@ I recently got into the habit of trying to contort myself into the weird smiles that I use ^-^' Imagine how awkward that is @-@ Considering I apparently use smileys a lot... I also have the habit of locking doors behind me and holding the doors open for really long periods of time o.o' I just don't want to be rude >.< Sometimes I get into trouble though...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Considering I apparently use smileys a lot...

Lol you do

I have the joint-cracking habit. I say joint and not knuckle because I'm worse than most people. I crack all three joints in my fingers, my wrists, my elbows, one of my shoulders, my toes, my neck, sometimes my knees, and rarely one of the immovable joints in my foot. Once I try to crack one finger, the rest just naturally follow and it feels unfinished not to do them all.

Years
  • I have the joint-cracking habit. I say joint and not knuckle because I'm worse than most people. I crack all three joints in my fingers, my wrists, my elbows, one of my shoulders, my toes, my neck, sometimes my knees, and rarely one of the immovable joints in my foot. Once I try to crack one finger, the rest just naturally follow and it feels unfinished not to do them all.
    Good to know I'm not the only one who does this. It unnerves people though, especially the neck, so I try not to do it too much.

I also have this habit of always sitting on my foot, usually the left one, but not always. I'm doing it right now. Whenever I sit down, without thinking, I tuck one leg in and let the other one hang normally. I find it really comfortable while sitting with both legs out rather uncomfortable.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    I scrape my head for no apparent reason. No, it doesn't just happen at awkward moments, it happens all the time.

I also do that joint-cracking thing, but only for my fore and middle fingers. The rest just don't crack, but these two crack so much and often that I believe there'll be trouble in the future.

Years
  • I do both the things Touhours and Scarf do xD
    But the way I sit in my right foot is apparently whats lead to my knees cracking is i kneel down on the floor xD

but i also do this thing where i twitch the muscles i the corner of my eye and then run it along my eyebrow and around my eye. Its kinda hard to explain really. But i try to do it when nobodies around but sometimes i forget and i do it with people in the room and get weird looks.

Also i'm not sure if this counts as a good or bad habit but i tend to mouth the words to songs when i'm listening to my mp3 to try and help my stutter and mumbling problem. I started doing it a while ago and now it just happens on its own ^-^

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
  • I'm another person who cracks their joints - neck, left shoulder, left elbow, my wrists, my fingers and my ankles. One of my friends keeps telling me to stop it since whenever I crack my neck or shoulder it can make quite a loud noise but I just can't. I feel like I need to do it.

I also bite my finger nails and bite off the skin around them. Disgusting habit, I know. I usually do it when I'm bored (like right now) or when I'm nervous.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • - Making clicking sounds when I mess something up or when feeling awkward/nervous
    - Biting my nails and the skin around them (this is my worst habit)
    - Sticking my tongue out when concentrating
    - Putting a bunch of dots on my paper when I don't know the answer
    - Sitting my chair awkwardly, like sitting on my feet...people find it weird so idk :(
    - Not looking at who I'm talking to

That's all I can think of for now.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Laughing. I honestly, just if something even mildly funny happens I can't help bursting out laughing. It doesn't matter where I am, thank god I haven't been to a funeral because I just know I'd end up laughing at something.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • - Playing with my hair ~ I do this ALL THE TIME
    - Biting my fingernails and stuff, yet they're still really long.
    - I constantly change positions when I'm standing
    - I randomly do modelish poses all the time.
    - Clicking pens.
    - Laughter. I laugh at everything, and at nothing. Sometimes I just am thinking and burst into laughter.
    - Randomly holding onto peoples arms or something (That's probably my fear of being alone talking though)

Uhm, yeah, that's all I can think of, I don't see any of them as being particularly bad except maybe the last one. But I guess that's up to the person whether or not they see this stuff as bad.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i bite my nails a lot. it's mostly because i'm antsy. i didn't think it was a nervous habit until i started driving all over downtown austin, by the time i'd reach my destination my nails would be gone and the tips of my fingers all squishy because i'd have nothing else to bite but skin.

vandalizing important documents and advertisements at work is another one. i doodle all over whatever is near me.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I often procrasinate. Trying to get rid of that. >>
    I also keep grudges too easily and I can't let them go. Sense of pride, I guess. =/

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I have quite a few, that can be annoying to myself and others. Ugh, I wish I could break some though.

- Biting nails, I do this out of boredom, mostly at School, though.
    - Constantly playing with my hair, mostly because when people look at me weird I think "omg my hair! ):"
    - Talking too loud, I talk really loud and even I find it annoying.
    - Laughing at the wrong time, when I'm getting wrong or there's a really sad moment at a movie I'll probably burst into laughter

They're probably my worst.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I pop my toes, and knuckles a lot. My wrists and neck too at times.

I've been trying really hard to stop, but I just can't for some reason.

(At least I don't eat the skin off my fingers anymore. >.>)

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Been popping my fingers for years. I do my fingers... My knees, My neck, My toes, my shoulders, my elbows, my knees, and my ankles. Yeah I'm really bad. I probably forgot some joints. >_>

I also stutter, I talk too much, I make myself look like an idiot, I lose my top way too easy for stuff way too stupid and not worth my time, I have a habit of singing for no reason. I just get bored and sing about what I'm doing, I'm not even good at singing! I just start singing "I'm on the computer yeah. Pretty fuuuuun." And stuff like that, I don't do it much though.

I'm also really hyper and I do all kinds of stuff, I can't sit still so I sit in all kinds of different positions. I will change positions every 5 minutes. I normally put my left leg under my butt, but sometimes I perch like batman when nothing is helping and I get a really bad urge to move my legs. It usually helps.

I'm so weird lol.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • → Randomly laughing/smiling when daydreaming during class. :'D
    → Constantly poking people
    → Using too many smileys? >w<;
    → Taking too many showers. D: And also really long ones especially at night. owo
    → Talking too much
    → Always being hyper due to the amount of candies I eat everyday. .__. I'm probably going to get diabetes when I grow up.
    → Swearing too much. I get into soooo much trouble with my teachers for doing so. ;~;

That's it I guess.. I probably have a few more weird/bad/stupid habits but whatever I'm not going to list them all 'cause I'm lazy. o3o

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • For some reason, I like to crack my knuckles out of habit. It seems to calm me. Also, sometimes I pull strands of hair out of my head and I don't know why.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • i tend to peel lips whenever i'm thinking or whenever i'm not doing anything. it's a really bad habit that has already caused my lips to bleed numerous times.
    oh, and i tend to crack my knuckles. although i don't think that's an unpleasant habit.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I do a lot of finger, knuckle, and neck popping quite often. I tend to do it without even taking notice of it at times and it's...been rather difficult lately after having nearly broke a thumb that's in a finger splint now, not popping it is brutal.

...I also have an odd verbal habit or two that always makes people give me odd looks when they first encounter them. The most obvious/strangest one is that I tend to do this..."arara"...sound thing...whenever I sigh or feel tired. It's bugged me for years but is definitely one of those habits that I would have a very hard time breaking. XD;

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I used to have the habit of cracking my knuckles and other joints a lot, but for some reason that habit just seemed to stop. I still do it on occasion, but just not as often. One habit that has been stuck with me for years, and it's probably my worst habit that I keep fighting myself to stop, is biting my finger nails.

Other habits I have are:

- frequently smiling
    - laughing, even when it might not be the most appropriate time or if it's just random
    - always moving; I can't seem to ever be still, even while sitting down
    - covering in a blanket while watching a show on the television or reading
    - rolling up in a ball while sleeping, and putting my entire self under the blanket
    - changing the tone of my voice from time to time
    - constantly playing music
    - doodling. If there's a piece of paper of some kind near me and a pen or pencil, I will start doodling
    - talking to myself. I'm not weird, I just like thinking aloud is all

There's so much more to list, that I can't even think of them all. This is probably the longest list of habits I have concocted of myself though, and I'm honestly afraid to keep going, because I know there's a ton more; some that I'm may not even be self-conscientiously aware of.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • My worst us probably biting my nails. I do this all the time, I don't even realize it most of the time ); Another thing is swearing at school. I do it wayy to much, way to loudly at all the wrong times, like when my teachers are right behind me.

Back