• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sorta Like A Sandwich

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    I lied, it's nothing like a sandwich.
    When I'm not cursing at Bidoofs, I'm a full time art student, and I occasionally use any school-fueled motivation for non-school work. I'm 99% traditional, personal preference, but my scanner is like....I dunno, the GameBoy Color of scanners, so I never really use it.
    I plan on updating the new thread with anything I do, though balancing it with physical therapy and "oh yeah I have three overdue papers" nights means I can't promise those updates will be regular. I'm also painstakingly shy when it comes to my work. (b' ')b

Pokémon ACEOs, approx. 2.5"x3.5" -- Umbreon, Ampharos, Chingling, Kecleon
    Spoiler:

A friend's Exalted (tabletop RPG) character, approx. 14"x17"
    Spoiler:

An original character/design initially done for a contest, approx. 8.5"x11"
    Spoiler:

Uh, a still life painting from last semester? Hurrrr?
    Spoiler:

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    :D!
    Akiyuki - Considering the fact that anything digital is foreign to me, I equally envy those that are good at digital work(s).
    .hack - Sorry for misleading you, but I plan on doing something sandwich-esque in the near future :P

All I have for now are some school projects that I wanted to get a snapshot of before I turn them in...
    My Drawing class project (dealy) is to draw candy, which I've been doing on the side as a break from our much much larger project. Unfortunately it has to be in color so I can't turn in this one, but I might sell it in our art show. Pencils on 14"x17" Bristol.
    Spoiler:

omg you'll never guess what candy it is!

aaand this is for my Lettering class, an abstract assemblage of letters in various scripts/typefaces. I used every letter, upper- and lowercase, at least once. Pen and marker on, uh, legal-sized paper.
    Spoiler:

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
    Years
    Ooooh. Pretty pictures OwO -drools-
    I'm very partial to that Keckleon :D
    I know you're probably not looking for critiquing, but the "A friend's Exalted (tabletop RPG) character" person picture thing's arm with the staff seems too straight. Not... organic enough. A person would be uncomfortable with that.
    Sorry! I just couldn't help it. But it's much better than anything I could ever do, well that's not saying much, but it still gets 10/10 (:
    And on the last pitchure, is there numbers, too? Or am I mixing up my alphabet?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    I know you're probably not looking for critiquing, but the "A friend's Exalted (tabletop RPG) character" person picture thing's arm with the staff seems too straight. Not... organic enough. A person would be uncomfortable with that.
    Critiques are fine by me!
    The sketch I had for that piece ended up looking a lot better than the final picture...I somehow managed to royally screw up the anatomy on it when I made it bigger. I'm actually glad you pointed that out, it means I'm slightly less neurotic about it than I thought I was >_>

And on the last pitchure, is there numbers, too? Or am I mixing up my alphabet?
    Nope, just letters, but since it's a picture taken with my webcam it's mirrored which probably makes things look off.

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
    Years
    Okay, it was just no one had said anything about that, so I was afraid I'd be out of line. I think I worry too much ^-^;
    I see. Probbly just some B's that look like threes and P's or g's that look like sixes or nines,
    Wonderful art, though. I wish I was that talented. Then I wouldn't feel like I let my art teacher down when my final project was due. It was a painting on a cinder block in the school, a very cool idea if everyone that went there was an artist, and it wasn't half as good as I'd hoped. She picked my block's spot and said "Here, where everyone can see, because you're one of my best artists," or something to that effect. No pressue x-x
    Err, sorry about the rambling. Seems I do that a lot these days,

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    On the picture "A friend's Exalted (tabletop RPG) character", it seems to me that everything from the chest down is too large considering the size of the head and arms. Specifically the chest area bothers me just given that it looks like it expands way beyond where the arm connects to the body. Also the head seems like its cover the neck a bit too much, almost like the head is rotating on an axis of it own.

Your work is looking really good though, maybe try a few different styles of drawing, as you seem to have your own style down pretty well.
    Pretty much everything on that picture is wrong anatomy-wise, haha. I'm not trying to make excuses or anything, I'm just already aware that there's some stuff there that bothers me. Her chest, for example, sticks out too far on the left for where her breasts would be, which looks even more awkward with her really stiff arm. It was also one of the first times I'd drawn a human in that position, and it was hard to find references or use myself as one.
    Anyway, I really do appreciate the critiques and I'd go back and fix it if I could, which I can't do since the original is in New Orleans with the character's owner, and fixing traditional pieces is really annoying. I'll definitely keep a better eye on my anatomy for next time, though.

I've also been trying to do exercises to work on different styles if I don't have anything else to do, it's just boring sketches and stuff I don't normally share unless it's important. ;P

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    I love your drawings, there amazing! Good job!
    Why thank you!

Just another quick ACEO I did today, of Hellboy, mostly as an inking test. I ended up getting frustrated with my shaky hand(s) and stuck with my trusted pens.
    Spoiler:

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Mason - Thank you! :)

More school stuff, unfortunately, it's all I've been spending art-energy on.
    This is part of the final project for my Drawing class, which is basically a recreation of a picture of a car. I chose the 1966 Batmobile, couldn't think of how I wanted to color it, so I went with construction paper and colored pencils. The right/back half of it is what I've done so far.
    Spoiler:

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Not only is it a WIP, but it's school stuff too. Again. >_>
    Sorry that the quality of the second one is terrible.

Spoiler:

Ashe~

Butterflies
    Years
    You've done a great job with your art.

Your pokemon as well as anime characters look fabulous. :)

ForeLegend

Awesome Pikachu Face
    Years
    Really nice! I really like the Ampharos, Kecleon, and the still life painting, I really like the coloring + Shading on both drawings, is that Kecleon's tongue next to him (The purple streaming thing :paranoid:), sorry if i'm wrong.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    @ Ashe: Thank you! You also have an awesome name, I loved Ashe in XII.
    @ Fore: It actually isn't, but that was my original idea. They're nothing more than like...eyebeams, I guess. The scanner didn't really pick up on the rest of it, it looks something like this:

Spoiler:
    But since I'm thinking about the ACEOs right now, I've had the idea of doing a few more with the legendaries and/or Eeveelutions once school's settled down a little bit.

And also speaking of school, I finished my car project:
    Spoiler:

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    @ Okami - Thanks! :D

I feel lame for only posing school work, but until finals are over that's all I have time for :(
    Anyway here's my final for my Drawing class, some candy done in colored pencil, marker and some Pro White.
    Spoiler:

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Bumping for great justice :o
    I also drew my friend's WoW character, a night elf druid, because she's a really good friend of mine aaand I've been meaning to do WoW fanart. It's a little weird that I quit WoW two months ago and in the two years I played I never made any fanart, but once I quit I did...huh. Whatever.
    Spoiler:

I also have more Pokémon stuff in the works, once I finish another friend's character I'll start working on it.

Back