• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Soul to appear in Anime

Mew Ichigo

Akatsuki Fan
    Years
    I found out today that the female character fro HGSS, known by the fanon name "Soul", will appear in the 143rd episode of the Diamond and Pearl series.

I think this proves without a shadow-of-a-doubt that Soul and Kris are NOT the same person. Kris' anime counterpart is Marina who has appeared multiple times during DP.

Anyway the episode in general is very Johto-themed.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    OOOOOIIIIII! Yay I can't wait to see this! I absolutely Soul ^^

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
    its seems so it foes not look like they would be returning to johto because the next episode is about the valley windworks

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Without wishing to sound cynical, do you have a source?

Seconded. Although it soubnds believeable, one might question who Ash will travel with when he (presumably) returns to Johto. Dawn is unlikely - all of the 4th Gen games are out and, not to sound brutal but her main purpose is to advertise them. May really only stayed through Kanto because of Emerald's release. And think about this - neither May nor Dawn appeared prior to their respective regions, so if Soul is going to, does that mean that Ash will in fact NOT be travelling with her? So who WILL he be going along with?

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I wonder what her name will be...

Years
    My idea:
    1) Dump Brock.
    2) Replace useless male character with useless female character (aka Soul).
    3) Dawn/Soul Catfight.
    4) ???
    5) Profit.

:D

Also, source plz. Not that this seems terribly unlikely, just curious.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Seconded. Although it soubnds believeable, one might question who Ash will travel with when he (presumably) returns to Johto. Dawn is unlikely - all of the 4th Gen games are out and, not to sound brutal but her main purpose is to advertise them. May really only stayed through Kanto because of Emerald's release. And think about this - neither May nor Dawn appeared prior to their respective regions, so if Soul is going to, does that mean that Ash will in fact NOT be travelling with her? So who WILL he be going along with?

Just because the games are being remade doesn't mean that Ash will go back to Johto. D: He has no reason to, really. Already beat the gyms, and such. So unless they can come up with a new reason for him to return to Johto, for the sole purpose of continuing the anime, I doubt it will be Soul that travels with him.

I'd prefer it, if by some grace of the PokeGods, that Ash ended up traveling with Gold, or Silver. XD; -shot-

Or maybeee.. they'll managed to think up a new region, and release a new game before the DP anime can finish. >_>; Still, it IS a drag that he's not traveling with Soul.. pretty much kills off that idea since she's making an appearance. That's both good, and bad. ; ;

Jmath

*blank*
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    Here's the scan with Soul/whatever her anime name is:
    Soul to appear in Anime

Years
    I have to say, she looks much, much less horrible in the anime. I hope she tags along, or at least becomes a semi-recurring character for a little while.

I can tell by the way she's standing that Sould is going to be pretty annoying.
    I think the opposite. It makes her seem like she has attitude. The good kind, not the May/Dawn kind.

Awaibou

Alien Robot
    Years
    I found out today that the female character fro HGSS, known by the fanon name "Soul", will appear in the 143rd episode of the Diamond and Pearl series.

I think this proves without a shadow-of-a-doubt that Soul and Kris are NOT the same person. Kris' anime counterpart is Marina who has appeared multiple times during DP.

Anyway the episode in general is very Johto-themed.
    Marina appeared in DP? o_o; I don't recall, could someone show me the episodes or something?

Definitely going to keep watch for this episode. <3 Johto comeback.

Years
    Marina appeared in DP? o_o; I don't recall, could someone show me the episodes or something?

Bulbapedia said:
    In the intro of Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea, Marina is seen running by the coast with Lugia and her three Pokémon: Little Miss, Wani-Wani, and Little Pink.

In Not on My Watch Ya Don't, Marina appears on the cover of a magazine, modeling the Pokétch. This may imply her goal of becoming an idol has come true. Additionally, she makes another cameo appearance in A Stand-Up Sit-Down!, performing in a contest on Zoey's PC. Marian calls her the "World's Top Coordinator". This would imply she has a Contest Pass for either Johto or Sinnoh. Marina even appears to have her own merchandise; one of the customers to the café in Tanks for the Memories! wears a t-shirt with Marina's face on it.
    I still don't see how anyone could've thought Soul was a heavy redesign of Kris. They look pretty much nothing alike.

Years
    oh wow. i hope she doesnt just appaer in that pisode. Soul is looking great! and i hope their is more of her after this =D

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Soul to appear in Anime

They misprinted Hikari's name as Hikaru. Or did they just reveal Soul's name? I doubt it. A Marill? Another Marill? They tease the Tracey fans with these Marill. I wonder who Kotone and Kazunari are as well. She's talking to that Apricorn guy so that hints at a possible Pokéthlon career move for instead of being another Coördinator? Hopefully she'll be a recurring character but she may just be in this episode since HeartGold and SoulSilver are released before this episode. I kind of wish she would replace Brock but that won't happen. Maybe she'll have both Totodile and Chikorita. I hope she'll at least get two episodes.

Kenji~ said:
    I think the opposite. It makes her seem like she has an attitude. The good kind, not the May/Dawn kind.

Agreed. It'll be interesting to see if they make her have a personality like Casey or Barry. From that pose, she reminds me of an over-confident Ash. She seems to have a Paul-ish attitude. But I'm speculating from one frame so that's enough from me.

joehat

Yay
    Years
    I can tell by the way she's standing that Sould is going to be pretty annoying.

Annoying maybe in the dub version. Most annoying dub characters aren't nearly as annoying in the original version. She looks to me like she might actually be a bit older than the main characters. That's just one scan though, so we won't know until we see the episode.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years

Just in magazine when Dawn wanted to buy Poketch

Soul to appear in Anime
    Soul looks totally cool!
    I agree with posters above me.
    She looks overconfident and reminds me Barry xD

Back