• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] SOULBOND: A Twisted Kanto Journey [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • [alink id=soulbond]SOULBOND[/alink id]

OOC Thread
    CHAPTER ZERO
    [agelimit]roleplayers 13 and up[/agelimit]​
    [a id]soulbond[/a id]
    1828984-janine_special.png

Chapter Zero

"Pokémon. No one knows where they came from, or why. And no one questions it. In times long past, our great ancestors discovered the Forest of Spirits, where the first Pokémon were said to have originated. Since then, Fuchsia City became the start of many individuals' journeys. It didn't take long for a tradition to form; Children, from ages five to ten, are sent into the Forest of Spirits alone, to find their Pokémon with whom they are spiritually connected to. Pokémon and Humans seem to have a special bond, which we've named 'Soulbond'."

"Scientists have done their best to research this mysterious bond, but cannot figure out just why it happens. We do know that pain is shared between the Human and Pokémon, and that we can speak with them through our thoughts. It sounds amazing, right? It would be, if everyone had a Soulbond. Some people simply don't have Soulbonds, meaning not everyone has a Pokémon ally. As of late, though, some questionable characters in black and red garb have started showing up in Fuchsia and causing trouble..."

"When asked about their intentions, they'd merely reply, 'What's it to ya?' or 'Official Rocket business, now scram!' Curious, my father and I looked into it. News articles had started showing up around the time the suspicious black-and-red visitors did. It seems that some Pokémon have been reported missing by their Soulbonds, and all suspects have been described as wearing black uniforms with a large red 'R' on the chest. Little did we know, confronting the suspect visitors to Fuchsia caused a whole lot of craziness."

"Shortly after, these 'Rockets' began to show up in most every town and city in Kanto, causing all sorts of problems for everyone. Crime skyrocketed within a few days and you can't go anywhere in Kanto anymore without hearing about the Rockets. From robbing the PokéMarts, to taking Pokémon, to hostile takeovers, the Rockets have become a major crime syndicate all across Kanto, and we need strong, courageous Soulbonds to help take a stand, and clear the Rockets out of Kanto! Be careful, though; your Pokémon Soulbond is more valuable than you think."

"Sparring is a very common interest in those with a Soulbond. It keeps us active, healthy, and strong. It's also taught us a lot about Soulbonds. When either the Human or the Pokemon takes damage, so does their Soulbond. When one faints, so does the other. One cannot live without the other; if one dies, so does the other. These Soulbonds are just as dangerous as they are helpful. The souls of the two are forever intertwined, and simply cannot be separated without endangering both of them."

"As for those without their Soulbonds..." Janine uncrossed her legs before crossing them again the opposite way. "All those that reported their Soulbond missing either grew too weak to move, fell into a coma, or died." Adjusting her scarf, Janine rested her hand over her Soulbond, Ariados. "Sometimes all three, in that order. We believe that this is what happens when a Soulbond is separated for too long, though no scientist is willing to test it, for good reason. Anyway, you're here because we need young warriors willing to risk it all to put an end to the Rockets. I assume you're ready to go, if you've come here."

Rising from her seat, Janine pointed a finger outward, toward the group of young Soulbonds before her. "We've gotten word that the Tower of the Dead has seen a lot of Rocket activity, so unless you have any objections, we head for Lavender town immediately! We have a long walk there, so you can get acquainted with one another on the way. For now, follow me to route 15." Janine hopped off of her Ariados and started taking steps toward the entrance, motioning for the others to follow. That is, until another figure appeared standing in the doorway, a silhouette with the light from outside hitting his back.

Sabre

Confusingly Eccentric

Chapter N ― Part I
    "The Humble Protagonist"

Fuchsia Gym
    x

"Don't tell me you started the party without me?" Sabre's signature grin sprawled across his face, his eyes beaming down Janine's as if to seek out any and every bit of her reaction.

"I was starting to think you wouldn't show, Sabre." Janine crossed her arms, a slight smirk forming. "You know, I could use you, actually." She turned and approached the group, The young gray-haired man following just behind. "It just occurred to me that, with our posters still travelling across Kanto, other warriors may show up even after your departure. Sabre," she turned to the man, whose features remained hidden, excluding the obvious. "Do you think you can handle our assault?"

Sabre focused his attention on the pairs present. His deep red eyes scanned their faces, expressions, and their Soulbonds. "Pssh... Just don't get in my way! This is finally my chance to be the hero, and I won't have a bunch of infantrymen slowing me do--Ow!" Sabre rubbed his forearm after Janine socked him, looking at her with mild confusion. "Right, whatever, so, how're we doing this?"

"Well," Janine spoke outwardly, to include the Soulbonds in their conversation, "I'm afraid I'll have to stay here at my gym, both to accept challengers and to point new recruits in your direction. Sabre." She turned to Sabre, placing a flat, circular device in his palm. "It runs a private connection with mine, I'll keep you updated and in the right direction. For now, your first objective is to head to Lavender Town and investigate some strange occurrences at the Tower of Spirits. We have reason to believe the Rockets are plotting something there."

"Right, come on then, let's go kick some mobster ass!" Sabre turned, only for his shoulder to be caught by Janine's outstretched hand. "What?"

"Don't be so foolhardy. Once you get to Route 14, take them to our hiding spot. There's a lot of potential in this group, and the more you all get to know each other, the better."

"Ugh, sure..." Sabre, turning back to the entrance, gestured the group with a swing of the arm to follow. "The sooner we leave, the sooner we get into the action!" Janine merely crossed her arms and shook her head, however, a smile was apparent.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024

9022dc2e-878e-4a73-83d7-e164c7a5e67f_zps90e257db.png
    Serah Maxwell - Fuchsia Gym

Serah did not know what to make of the whole situation at first. Upon entering the gym with Yosuke, her Greninja, they began to be briefed on the whole situation by Janine, much as the girl expected. While the blonde really did not pay attention to the entire lecture given by the gym leader of Fuchsia City, she had managed to take in enough information to at the very least know where they were going. Besides, Serah figured she could always ask Yosuke to fill her in on anything else important she may have missed. It was shortly after Janine had finished her briefing that he arrived.

Right away the boy, who the gym leader identified as Sabre, had managed to strike a chord with Serah. He was loud. He had a cocky grin. And already he was acting as if everyone in the room was going to slow him down, as if they were there simply to watch and cheer him on.

Needless to say, Serah wanted to punch him in the face.

"Perhaps you had better try to push such a thought to the side for now? I'm sure that it would not make a good first impression with Janine if you were already threatening to "beat him to pulp" as you like to put it at times..."

Serah glanced back at her Soulbonded partner. A small sigh escaped her lips as she shrugged.

"Ya don't have to worry so much 'bout me goin' and startin' a fight right now, Yosuke..." the blonde whispered to the Greninja. "Besides, I have plenty of time to do that to him later... Like on that Route 27 he's takin' us to..."

"That's... not exactly what I meant, Serah... And it's Route 14. I swear, were you even paying attention, lass?"

"Of course I was. I was just seein' if you were payin' attention, yeah?" Serah retorted, not about to admit the obvious... despite the fact that Yosuke already more or less knew the truth. "Anyways, we're supposed to be following this guy, right? Well, let's get goin' before get left behind."

Yosuke watched as Serah began to follow Sabre out of the gym. The Pokemon rolled his eyes at the girl, before he began to follow behind her. The Greninja had a strong feeling that this was going to be quite a long day...

Tixen

*Insert something witty here*
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2015
    Luna Delora
    Fuchsia City

The young girl put a finger on her lip, musing over a map that was near the train station. She was having a bit of trouble spotting where the gym was, in all of the intersecting lines that made up the roads of the city. The Banette hovered by her shoulder, seeming bored with the entire process. She reached out with one hand and tapped a place on the map, not far from where the train station was. Luna's green eyes lit up upon seeing it, and she clapped her hands together happily, giving her thanks to Hettie. However, she paused, scanning the map again for anything else interesting that she might feel like visiting, only to be pulled away by the impatient ghost type.

"Hey." Luna glared at her bonded Pokémon, "What's the big rush for Hettie? We've still got time to spare. We could look around for fifteen minutes or so..."

Hettie rolled her eyes, and floated towards the gym, her bloodied scarf trailing out behind her. With a scowl on her face, Luna followed, and pushed open the door to the gym. It was filled with both people and Pokémon, all of which appeared to be waiting for someone. Luna took it all in, eyes wide as she spotted Pokémon she'd never seen before. There was this dark blue humanoid Pokémon, that crouched on all fours, legs bent at odd angles. It tongue fell out of its mouth and wrapped around its neck, creating the most interesting scarf she'd ever seen. It was following an older girl, who had a rebellious look to her. Another Pokémon caught her eye... Or at least, she thought it was a Pokémon. What appeared to be a blood red sword that was sheathed floated in the air next to a man, a long arm like appendage of red and purple floating in the air around it. She could see a single eye peering at the world around it. Luna took a step towards it, wondering what would happen if she pulled the sword out of its sheath, only to be (thankfully) interrupted by someone starting to speak.

"Pokémon. No one knows where they came from, or why. And no one questions it. In times long past, our great ancestors discovered the Forest of Spirits, where the first Pokémon were said to have originated. Since then..."

Luna started to worm her way through the crowd of people, trying to get close to the front so she could see what was going on. She quickly gave up trying to push past people, and crawled on her hands and knees, eventually finding her way to the front. A woman was speaking who appeared to look slightly like a ninja of sorts. She guessed that this was Janine. With her, was a large red spider like Pokémon, with stripped legs and a horn in the centre of its head. The young girl paused for a minute, before her eyes lit up, remembering that it was called an Ariados. Beside her, Hettie glanced, noticing how distracted her bonded was, before turning her attention back to Janine.

"We've gotten word that the Tower of the Dead has seen a lot of Rocket activity, so unless you have any objections, we head for Lavender town immediately! We have a long walk there, so you can get acquainted with one another on the way. For now, follow me to route 15." She finished, rising.

At that, the ghost type let a huge, sinister smile flicker across her face, seeming delighted in the idea of starting this campaign against the Rockets for her own twisted reasons. Luna glanced up, hearing her bonded giggle a little, and stood up, patting the Banette's shoulder.

"We'll get rid of the bad people soon Hettie, don't you worry." She smiled as she said that, only to feel slightly uncomfortable as the burning red eyes of her bonded drilled into her. Luna could feel Hettie's emotions perfectly for a second - a snarling fury radiated from her, along with twisted little laughs from one who was delighting in the suffering to come. A tremble ran through the girl, as she heard Hettie's words clearly.

"I'm not worrying human..." She hissed in her head, "I simply cannot wait to make these people scream."

As quickly as it had happened, it ended. Hettie was looking off towards Janine and a grey haired man she was speaking to, appearing to be completely emotionless. Luna shook her head, pigtails whipping around her head, throwing off the shivers that were racking through her body. She rubbed her eyes, and did her best to push the uncomfortable event from her mind, turning her attention to Janine. From what she could gather, the grey haired man was called Sabre, and it seemed that he would be leading them in the place of Janine. Luna folded her arms, slightly displeased. She'd decided a few moments ago that Janine was a good person, but she wasn't sure about this guy and the way he'd just waltzed in, acting all high and mighty.

"The sooner we leave, the sooner we get into the action!" Sabre called to the group of Soulbonded, gesturing to the door. Luna happily skipped along with the group, glad to be helping in ridding the world of the bad Rockets, while Hettie floated alongside her, that chilling smile gracing her face again.

Years
  • Kathryn Wiles

Kat lurked quietly in the back of the room as the gym leader spoke, her hands shoved inside the pockets of her hoody to hide the way they gripped the fabric tightly. Her eyes gave her away though, darting around nervously at the assembled people. Kat wasn't good with people at all and being in a closed off room with even the relatively small gathering here made her nervous. If it wasn't for how angry she was at what had happened to her and Shae she probably wouldn't be here.

Shae lurked behind her like a warm, comforting shadow, her muzzle resting gently on Kat's shoulder as she listened intently to the human talking, though her attention soon began to waver as Janine stopped talking about the Rockets and started on about the basics of a soulbond for some reason. The two had never had a formal talk on the subject but they certainly knew about it from trial and error; Kat's flinch when the leader mentioned bonds sharing pain showed that and provoked a quiet growl from Shae. If anything the protective pokemon was more angry about the shared pain that her charge had felt than about the damage done to herself.

Kat's nose wrinkled in distaste slightly as a boy called Sabre spoke up, his tone and posture oozing confidence; a bit too much confidence, and expressed too loudly in Kat's opinion. 'He's loud.' she commented mentally to Shae, starting to get second thoughts about the whole thing when she realised that Janine wouldn't be coming with them. Gym Leaders were strong and even though Kat didn't know Janine personally, the fact that she was organising this had been one of the reasons that Kat had considered coming.

'We'll be fine, I'll keep you safe.' Shae's voice snuck into Kat's thoughts, the pokemon reading her body language. Kat glanced sharply at her before sighing quietly, giving up her attempts to protest that she hadn't been worried before they even began. She and Shae knew each other too well; their not lying to each other was as much because it was pretty much impossible between them as it was that they didn't want to.

A small smirk bled onto Kat's face as Sabre kept talking. While she didn't quite identify with how loudly he was saying it, "Kicking some mobster ass" was exactly what she had come here for.

In short order the boy was leaving the building, followed close behind by a blonde girl and an odd pokemon that looked like a cross between a human and a frog and a little girl shadowed by an odd floating doll that inexplicably gave Kat the shivers. Kat hesitated for a moment, reluctant to leave the shadowy corner she had claimed as her own, before deciding that being outside was better than hiding and following close behind the two.

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
    Years
  • 1-0 Unexpected problems
    Time of day: Morning
    Felix Winters

Inventory:
    Spoiler:

Felix stood in the midst of a silent crowd in the Gym, At least, Silent to him. Janine was making a speech about what they were to do, but He paid no attention, Kato would fill him in later. His mind had wandered to what had happened earlier that day. He had visited his mother in the Fuchsia City Hospital, only to find a dreadful situation.

------------------------------- Earlier that Morning

~ Hello, I'm looking for room 219. Can you point me in the right direction? ~ Felix had scrawled onto a free page in one of his Notebooks. He held it up to a nurse at the front desk, allowing her to read it.

The on call Nurse read the page, and then stared over the page into Felix's glowing purple eyes for a few moments. Before too long, she pointed to the hallway on his right, and sat down to continue filling out paperwork. After a few moments of walking he had reached his destination. Felix stood at the door, inspecting the sign carefully; He slowly put his hand on the knob, hesitating as years of suppressed emotions flowed through him, as if the Knob had been the key to the locked chest of his past.

"You know, these parents of yours abandoned you so many years ago… perhaps they do not truly wish to see you…" Kato chimed in, with his usual morbid view of others.

"They wouldn't have sent for me if they didn't want me back in their life" Felix calmly answered, turning the knob and thrusting the door open.

There sitting in the small room, an old man sat next to an old woman who was bedridden. The two sat in the room alone, emptiness danced around as if inviting Kato and himself to enter the space. He obliged, briskly walking into the room, Kato shutting the door behind them as they entered. The old man looked up, and Felix could see that his father had not aged well over the past eleven years. Just then the old man began to cry, rushing over to his son and embracing him, Felix stood unsure how to best react. As soon as the awkward embrace was over, He quickly pulled out his notebook and scribbled a few sentences onto the page.

~ Hello father, it's nice to see you after all of these years. I know I was both partially blind and deaf when I left for the tower, but with the help of my soulbond Kato, I am able to make full use of my eyesight once more. I can read lips; just face me when you are talking. ~

He showed his father the page and was very surprised by the answer he was given, not because it was strange, but because his father used sign language.

~ That is incredible! We always knew you'd be capable of great things. ~ His father paused and looked back towards the motionless old woman lying in bed before continuing on.

~ Something terrible has befallen your mother; several weeks ago an odd man Kidnapped her Xatu, and since then she has been bedridden, and only recently she has fallen into a Coma. Doctors are unable to diagnose her, but they say if nothing is done soon, she will die. I sent you the message in hopes you would be able to locate her Xatu from the perpetrator who stole him in the first place. ~

The rest of his visit remained a blur, the flyer that he had been given to look into burned in the back of his head. This gang was sure behind it, and Felix now had every reason to pursue them until the ends of the earth.

------------------------------- Present

Felix Snapped back to reality when the rest of the group began to exit the building, He surveyed the people from beneath the safety his hood. There were so many different types of people it seemed; even the Girl and her Greninja from the bus stop had showed up.

"It looks like we'll be fighting alongside these poor excuses for Warriors" Kato said, as he began to fill Felix in.

As they walked towards their destiny, Felix couldn't help but feel a little anxious for the battles that so obviously lie ahead.​

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • Sabre

Confusingly Eccentric

Chapter N ― Part II
    "The Humble Protagonist"

Route 14 > Route 15
    x

Bzzzzzzzt... Bzzzzzzzt...

Sabre dug into his pocket and pulled out the spherical object Janine had given him only moments before. He pressed down on it, and a hologram of Janine appeared above it. Scratching the back of his head, Sabre simply said, "Uh, yeah?"

"I'm testing the connection. Though I feel the need to remind you that you're on a mission to stop the violence, n--"

Sabre smirked. "Look, I love to fight, alright? If I can use violence to stop their violence, what's the harm?"

"..." Janine buried her forehead in her palm, shaking it slowly side to side. "You're going to get yourself killed. Look, these bonds are all here for the same goal as you. You can't expect to do this alone."

"But what kinda storybook fairytale is that? The protagonist is supposed to single-handedly defeat the villain in a flashy fight to the death!"

"This villain has an army! You're leading a rebellion! I would've thought one of those fights may have knocked some sense into you."

"So? I'm a one-man army! Name one story where the hero needs help from others!"

"Robin Hood."

"Beginner's luck, name one more."

"The Three Pigs."

"Damn it." Sabre, holding one hand above him over his hat, sighed. "Fine. It'll be a new kind of fairy tale! A grea--"

"Except this one is real?"

"I-- sure. Whatever."

"Turn around, face the rest of the group." Janine crossed her arms as she watched the small group of pairs. "You're near our hiding spot. There you need to get acquainted with one another. If you have any qualms about one another, you'd best get past them now. You're going to have to rely on each other in order to beat the Rockets. Sabre, get them in there, and everyone can get to know each other."

Sabre groaned. "Fiiiiiine... B--"

"Yes, you have to introduce yourself too. And listen to them."

"It would be wise to do so," a third voice spoke. Sabre pulled the red blade from his back, and its eye gazed at the group. "These are all young, able-bodied bonds with great potential."

"Yeah fine..." Sabre sighed. "We're here, Route 15's hiding place."

Janine nodded. "I'll call you again once you reach Lavender. Until then, don't initiate any interaction with any Rockets. We don't need unnecessary danger and violence in our mission. Got it?"

"But I--"

"Got it!?"

Sabre groaned. "Ugghhhh... Got it." After shutting off and putting away the communicator, he wielded the red blade and swiped it through a small tree, and it snapped and fell over. Sabre walked right into the treeline, as it led to a small forest clearing, surrounded by very dense trees in every direction. As the others entered, the tree reappeared behind them, sealing the area from any eavesdropping ears. "Alright, everyone grab a seat and we'll have our little powwow or whatever..." He stuck the Honedge's blade tip into the dirt beside him as he sat down on a log, facing the center of the clearing.

"Perhaps you should introduce yourself first, I imagine you've left a poor impression on your teammates, as you always do." The blade pulled itself from the ground, and merely hovered in place beside Sabre.

"Okay... My name's Sabre, this is Hidachi."

"The pleasure is all mine."

"... Right. Well, I don't really talk to anyone about myself but... I came from a wealthy family, so everything was handed to me. I didn't like that, so when they sent me off to get my bond, I just didn't take the ride back home."

"Much to my distaste," Hidachi added in.

"I didn't want a boring, spoiled life, so I set off as a kid into the world, just me and Hidachi. We made money through sparring, both as a pair and solo."

"And he refers to himself fighting solo, not me."

"Right. I guess all I can really add is that I wanted a storybook ending, with a great adventure, a final battle, the works." He shrugged. "Aside from that, I like to test people. Personality, patience, temper, battle-ability, the usual." He sighed. "Agh, that felt gross. I hope I never have to do that again... Who's next?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back