• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sound problems

Fluffy Clouds

Is not really active.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 20, 2017
    When I put in my flash drive, or any USB, and I take it out, or keep it in, the sound crashes and makes this screeching, glitchy noise. I have to put it in standby, and back on to fix it.

Has anybody had an experience like this? I need help.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • When I put in my flash drive, or any USB, and I take it out, or keep it in, the sound crashes and makes this screeching, glitchy noise. I have to put it in standby, and back on to fix it.

Has anybody had an experience like this? I need help.

Quite a fascinating problem you got there. Have you tried the safely remove devices thingie?

Years
  • A few things that I'd like to establish. Firstly, do you have any problems with other system sounds, for example the login tone?

Also, have you installed a different sound card to the in-built one? They can conflict if not set up correctly.

Anyway, try going:
    Start > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > "Sounds" Tab

Go down to "Device Connect" and "Device Disconnect" and either set a new sound or just turn off the sound for them. Tell me if this works...

Fluffy Clouds

Is not really active.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 20, 2017
    Apple Inc. said:
    Quite a fascinating problem you got there. Have you tried the safely remove devices thingie?
    I've tried that before, and it still happens.

Archer said:
    A few things that I'd like to establish. Firstly, do you have any problems with other system sounds, for example the login tone?

Also, have you installed a different sound card to the in-built one? They can conflict if not set up correctly.

Anyway, try going:
    Start > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > "Sounds" Tab

Go down to "Device Connect" and "Device Disconnect" and either set a new sound or just turn off the sound for them. Tell me if this works...
    I'll go try that. Thanks!

Back