• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sounding Off: The Walking Dead Season 3 Finale

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Well, we're about one week removed from the end of season 3 of AMC's The Walking Dead. There was a lot of hype going on the hours, hell, the days before March 31st. The Governer was growing more insane by the minute, Daryl lost his other half, and Andrea was in a bleak situation. Did the show meet the expectations everyone had given it, giving season 3 the proper send off? While the answer to this varies, I believe the season finale was very good.

SPOILERS FOLLOW

The episode before the season finale showed the last few minutes of Merle, who was arguably one of my favorite characters. I might like the other Dixon brother more, but the fact that Merle was the "lose canon" gave him that special characteristic that kept me interested in his character. It was sad to see him die, but at least he went out fighting. Kudos to Michael Rooker for portraying Merle Dixon in a way only Mr Rooker can. Kudos to Norman Reedus (Daryl Dixon) as well for that very emotional last scene.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say that many people expected the prison arc to be over with come this episode. That obviously did not happen, but I personally feel that that was an ingenious move on AMC's part. The fact that The Governor is not dead will definitely serve as a major hook for Season 4. I don't know how much longer the inevitable fight can be held off, however. I fear that if Season 4 isn't full of more action, viewers will be turned off. That was the main issue with the season 3 finale, the lack of action, and apparently the lack of "tying lose ends".

The season finale, while it lacked action, had a very good script as far as I'm concerned. The way the Governor simply went ballistic in this episode, both with the Woodbury massacre as well as setting Milton up to kill Andrea, was very well played. I will admit though, the former was a shocker. That was no where near as shocking as Carl's behavior. The kid shot Jody like it was nothing. And then he goes on to explain himself. And despite me wanting to call the kid psycho, everything he says makes sense, so I can't fault him for that.

Andrea's death was expected, honestly. I'm sad to see her go, even though she was portrayed as an idiot this season (or at least I feel like she was). But she died a hero's death, and I think that does make a difference. I honestly felt worse for Milton though. Poor guy, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was so brave but stupid to try to kill Philip.

The season finale sets up directly for season 4. The obvious plot is that the Governor is still out there, and will likely hunt Rick and co. down. Aside from that, Carl's gone batpoop crazy, and the prison has turned into a nursery. I'm not exactly sure how they're going to play it out, but I'm definitely tuning in come October. It'll be a long wait, but I believe it will be worth it. As long as AMC doesn't show filler shows (which I fear might happen), season 4 has the potential to be a success, both financially and otherwise.

Also. TYREESE <3

Final Score (out of 5 stars): *** 3/4

Favorite scenes: Governor shooting Woodbury citizens, Carl shooting Jody, Andrea's last words.

That episode was really a disappointment imo. Andrea should not have died, even if some people think differently(glares at Golurk). Next season needs to pick up on this and be better.

Years
    That was a disappointing episode in my opinion. I think it was a huge mistake for them not to end the prison arc in the season finale. I'm not saying the show should follow the comic exactly, but having this inevitable fight between woodbury and the prison dragging out the entire season - and then for at least part of ANOTHER season - it's too much. At least the constant back and forth is over though. :/ This season felt like there was a lot of stalling and the last episode decided my opinion on that. At the very least we don't have to deal with Andrea who makes he entire zombie apocalypse oh so much worse. I really hope none of the existing characters is formatted or reformatted to fill that niche :(

droomph

weeb
    Years
    Is this from The Walking Dead?

551936_586851097994568_1101080727_n.jpg

i'm curious.

That was a disappointing episode in my opinion. I think it was a huge mistake for them not to end the prison arc in the season finale. I'm not saying the show should follow the comic exactly, but having this inevitable fight between woodbury and the prison dragging out the entire season - and then for at least part of ANOTHER season - it's too much. At least the constant back and forth is over though. :/ This season felt like there was a lot of stalling and the last episode decided my opinion on that. At the very least we don't have to deal with Andrea who makes he entire zombie apocalypse oh so much worse. I really hope none of the existing characters is formatted or reformatted to fill that niche :(

But Silly Golurk :p Andrea was the best. iirc she was your favorite character. Maybe a gif will change your mind:

andrea.gif

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Droomph... what the actual hell is that LOL. Those are characters from TWD though, yes.

I can see why people would be pissed about the finale, and possibly the whole season in general, I do. But the way I see it, it was fine. The pressure that's going to be on season 4 though is insurmountable, though, because like I said, if it's like season 3, it WILL turn people off.

Back