• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays

Years
  • Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays

When Monday comes around do you cry and moan that the weekend is over? Do you feel energized at the prospect of a new week full of possibilities? Do you dread having to go back to school or work? Do you not care one way or the other?

Basically, how do you feel about this day?

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Well since I have to wake up earlier than I do over the weekend, Im not exactly thrilled but other than that, Monday isnt that different. Im not like overly grumpy or anything. Most of my days are reletively the same.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    My Monday pretty much just carries over from Sunday. Once I wake up on Sunday I realize I gotta get ready for school and work, and just the week as a whole. So Monday and Sunday really just feel like one giant day at the start of the week that's just really slow. I could say the same for Tuesday, but at least it's closer to Friday lol.

Years
  • Mondays only suck for me because that's when our store does weekly inventory. People go in early to count stuff and things tend to be a huge mess. Seriously, something always goes wrong on Monday! If it weren't for that it'd be just another day.

More in the spirit of the question, going in the day after my day off doesn't tend to bother me too much. I've had some time to relax. I'm more bummed at the end of my day off though: "noooooooo I have to go work tomorrow!! ;___;" And it's even worse when I have two days off in a row.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Depends on what I have to do that day/ week. Usually when I have lots to do, I don't mind it because it keeps me on my toes and the week flies by and I get to relax on the weekend.

Though if I have a really great weekend I never want Monday to come haha..

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • As much as I love Garfield and am like him in many ways, Monday's don't bug me much. Sunday nights, as Monday is approaching is a bigger downer. But I'm cool with the day itself.

And in general, just never really liked Tuesday for no reason at all :p

Years
  • I hate Monday. I haven't really been liking my last few semesters at college so I dread having to go back each week, but thankfully I still have opportunities to relax since I'm off Tuesdays and Thursdays. ):

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I hate Mondays. Mondays mean school, and school means ultimate boredom.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    I hate Mondays so much...... Just what Laugh said, Monday's mean school & such. I rather sit here & watch Nyan Cat run for the whole day, even if it could possibly wear out.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Monday isn't really all that different from the rest of the week.
    Saturday I have off from work, but I spend my day focusing on one class.
    Sunday I have off from work, but I spend my day focusing on another class.
    Monday I have work.
    Tuesday I have work.
    Wednesday I have work.
    Thursday I have work.
    Friday I have work.

Every day before work I get that "Ugh, I have work" feeling. But that usually goes away after I get there and then I'm content with being there. Monday doesn't get any special treatment in that regard. I do identify with that "Ugh work tomorrow" during Sunday afternoon, but I feel that every day.

Aeon.

Carrion
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    Not a fan. If anything it just makes me really run down becauseI often stay up a little too late on the weekends if I've got nowhere to be.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm not too fond of Mondays; I don't look forward to coming back to school after a couple days' rest because of the stress.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Honestly, Mondays seem like any other day to me. Might have to do with the fact that I'm out of school, and that my fervent job hunt encompasses all seven days of the week, but the weekend just blends into the weekday for me nowadays.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • If I've got something to look forward to during school (which is pretty rare haha), then I don't really feel all that bad. If I know I've got a crapton of work that week to do, then I'm definitely the first to complain and moan, haha.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Everybody else's Monday is my Wednesday, so I'm usually pretty alright with it. Saturday is my Monday. I really hate Saturdays :P

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Um part of me doesn't like it because I have to go back to doing school.
    But at the same time, the online radioshow thing that I listen to in the morning is only on weekdays. So after two days of being deprived of it, I'm happy upon realizing that I can finally listen to it. (:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    It's kind of just meh right now for me, I don't have class until noon on Mondays so I get to sleep in, and it's only a two hour class. Now, Tuesdays are a whole different story. Class starts at 8:30 am and my last class goes until 6 pm. =_=

Next semester is going to be a much better schedule, I'll only have classes on Tuesday - Thursday, so it's more time to do homework (which I've had very little time for this semester) and more time to just do things I enjoy. I think I do have one day where my classes go from 1 pm - 10 pm next semester, with class starting at 9 am the next day. It'll be fun to see how that goes, lol.

Spacely

Yōkai
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2012
    The thread title gave me Office Space flashbacks. Need to watch that again.

Mondays aren't really a big deal for me... but I suppose they would be if I actually had to be somewhere, ha.

Back